daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:36 PM   #301
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice photos, good-looking motorway.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_kiwi_fruit View Post
Quite a silly observation to make when you consider that it is the same fleet of cars in every photograph. We see way more new cars on the roads than old cars. Also, remember that a photograph is a second in time so one can't make a fair judgement when looking at a photograph, especially when you are stuck behind the same car/s
I couldn't have said it better myself

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM   #304
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

Excellent highways!

Once I saw an episode in amazing race in which they had to drive in New Zealand, I really wanted to be in their place, your highways seem to be great!

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:44 PM   #305
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Quite a silly observation to make when you consider that it is the same fleet of cars in every photograph. We see way more new cars on the roads than old cars. Also, remember that a photograph is a second in time so one can't make a fair judgement when looking at a photograph, especially when you are stuck behind the same car/s
Which isn't a silly observation to make when I was only in NZ a couple of months ago and having just read an article in the NZ Herald which pretty much agreed with what I said a few minutes ago. The car immediately in front the Caldina is an import

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cars/news/...ectid=10779922

Since the average age of vehicles in NZ is over 13 years and increasing you're not seeing more new cars than old, you're seeing the opposite.

Last edited by KiwiRob; January 22nd, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:58 PM   #306
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17492

I love this american standard

Londres 2017 Paris 2017
Pireneus, Frana 2017
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:49 AM   #307
KiwiGuy
VIVA EL GORDO!

Likes (Received): 1668

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrtn2 View Post
I love this american standard
It's actually influenced by both American and European. What you don't see are the regulatory signs (speed limits etc.) which are European standard.

Quote:
Not really. You'd see the same type of traffic in the photos you made everywhere else in the country (with the possible exception of Wellington).
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:10 PM   #308
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17492

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiGuy View Post
It's actually influenced by both American and European. What you don't see are the regulatory signs (speed limits etc.) which are European standard.
Okey

95 % american
5% european

Londres 2017 Paris 2017
Pireneus, Frana 2017
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM   #309
RDSA

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:

Not really. You'd see the same type of traffic in the photos you made everywhere else in the country (with the possible exception of Wellington).
even in Wellington it feels like you've stepped back in time 5-10 years when comes to cars. Except for all the taxis being prius'
RDSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM   #310
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrtn2 View Post
Okey

95 % american
5% european
I don't think so, the road markings are like Finland, and the warning signs are diamond but the symbols are European, like Irish signs. The other signs are European.

The font it quite American though
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #312
KiwiGuy
VIVA EL GORDO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSA View Post
even in Wellington it feels like you've stepped back in time 5-10 years when comes to cars. Except for all the taxis being prius'
Really? The last time I spent time there, I was surprised at the ammount of new cars on the roads (and all the European makes). Contrast that with where I live and you see mostly crappy Japanese imports.
Old January 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #313
Mr_kiwi_fruit

Likes (Received): 1661

I forgot to add, the great thing about living in NZ is that the people that live here don't give a shit what u drive. We leave that for the lost souls overseas .........

Burden liked this post
Mr_kiwi_fruit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #314
KiwiRob
BANNED

Quote:
I forgot to add, the great thing about living in NZ is that the people that live here don't give a shit what u drive. We leave that for the lost souls overseas .........
What a load of crap, you forget your man card or did you hand it in, the kiwi male is generally pretty motor conscious, blokes in NZ like cars, they like fast cars, some like fast expensive cars, driving a shitty car is not a good thing if you're a bloke, nothing worse than being a teenager cruising in a shitty car the chicks (not that you would know) just aren't interested. NZ is a car country with a car culture.
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #315
KiwiRob
BANNED

Quote:
Really? The last time I spent time there, I was surprised at the ammount of new cars on the roads (and all the European makes). Contrast that with where I live and you see mostly crappy Japanese imports.
If you read the article I linked earlier you'd know that the car park in NZ is getting older every year, so whilst we are selling more new cars, the fleet is aging faster than we can replace them. A lot of this is due to the age of cars being imported, what the govt should do is ban imports over 5 years of age, some exceptions can apply for classics but not for everyday motors from Japan and Singapore.
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #316
Attii

Likes (Received): 9

[QUOTE=KiwiRob;87902335]If you read the article I linked earlier ..QUOTE]

lol all the participants in this thread have Kiwi prefix

P.S. nice roads.. been there twice..last time 10 years ago
enjoyed the driving, people and the landscapes :-)
Attii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #317
KiwiGuy
VIVA EL GORDO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRob View Post
What a load of crap, you forget your man card or did you hand it in, the kiwi male is generally pretty motor conscious, blokes in NZ like cars, they like fast cars, some like fast expensive cars, driving a shitty car is not a good thing if you're a bloke, nothing worse than being a teenager cruising in a shitty car the chicks (not that you would know) just aren't interested. NZ is a car country with a car culture.
Most manly blokes, i.e the ones that go around in sunglasses and Commodores in Falcons. Not the metrosexual types which drive around in something "stylish". Although, the last part isn't really correct. I know a couple of guys who have completely shit cars (an old Astra and a Proton Saga) and both have/had girlfriends.
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #318
KiwiRob
BANNED

There always some people who just aren't interested in cars, they are the exceptions, not the rule. The guys who post in the NZ sections they aren't car people at all.