daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #1
Pavlemadrid
Madrileñian member

Likes (Received): 2494

TIRANA | Projects & Construction (older)

TIRANA

Last edited by Pavlemadrid; October 4th, 2008 at 03:19 PM.
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #2
sk

Likes (Received): 3

beautiful projects! well done tirana!
Old July 8th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #3
7t

You can add this as well

7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 01:24 AM   #4
johnt_gr
A greek iberista

Likes (Received): 20

They look like a communistic relic Imao
johnt_gr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:11 AM   #5
7t

A few more:

MVDRV studio from Holland was announced as the winner of the International Competition of Presenting ideas for the Architectonic Project of the Urban Complex in the Crossroad of Elbasani street with the Boulevard (Ring) conform the “Urban study for the Centre of the City of Tirana“.

Residential Housing by Avatelier Studio

Residential Complex

Filanto Residentials

Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:15 AM   #6
7t

In a short-term future “EURO ALBA BA” aims to construct a high rise multifunctional building in the center of Tirana. This edifice will have a utilization surface of 25 000 m² including a 2-floor underground garage.

Hidi Residential

Selita Complex Masterplan

Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:19 AM   #7
7t

Residential in D.Hima st.

image hosted on flickr

Office building in I.Tomini st

image hosted on flickr

Retail Complex

image hosted on flickr

Residential Building

image hosted on flickr

Residential in D.Hima st 2

image hosted on flickr

Don Bosko Residential

image hosted on flickr
Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:27 AM   #8
7t

Other developments

image hosted on flickr

Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:48 AM   #9
Julian1972

Likes (Received): 0

Wow, Tirana is booming! I can hardly think of a city in Europe with so many really big projects (Tramway, Parliament building, cathedral, airport, mountain cablecar, central square, many towers etc. etc.)going on. In general I'm surprised by the quality of the architecture. Most projects look really good, although I have to make an exception for the main square; I don't see why the Culture Palace (Is it? I mean the one with the bookshop) is getting reconstructed. The new design is actually good, but the building looks better the way it is now. Besides, it represents an important part of the city's recent history.

The other thing that I don't like is the new building facing the National Museum. The front of the museum is quite special (in fact beautiful) and deserves much better than to be put away somewhere behind a quite characterless new block.

But then again, Tirana will be a really beautiful city in a few years, and a popular tourist destination too, I think...
Julian1972 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 04:01 AM   #10
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian1972 View Post
Wow, Tirana is booming! I can hardly think of a city in Europe with so many really big projects (Tramway, Parliament building, cathedral, airport, mountain cablecar, central square, many towers etc. etc.)going on. In general I'm surprised by the quality of the architecture. Most projects look really good, although I have to make an exception for the main square; I don't see why the Culture Palace (Is it? I mean the one with the bookshop) is getting reconstructed. The new design is actually good, but the building looks better the way it is now. Besides, it represents an important part of the city's recent history.

The other thing that I don't like is the new building facing the National Museum. The front of the museum is quite special (in fact beautiful) and deserves much better than to be put away somewhere behind a quite characterless new block.

But then again, Tirana will be a really beautiful city in a few years, and a popular tourist destination too, I think...
Thanks
There are many many more projects for the city which i havent posted and future projects yet to come.
The city is booming in all cylinders and with a visionary mayor we're heading in the right direction.
The parliament project is pretty much the extension of a new structure into a current building.

Some major projects are expected in the future.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:42 AM   #11
Julian1972

Likes (Received): 0

In fact, I was referring to the one below. Is it going to be built and when it is, on what location?

Julian1972 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:11 AM   #12
7t

That one was a proposal from Mabetex (not too original i may add)... the project i posted on my last post is the new parliament building, construction of which is expected to start early next year.
We've had some disagreement over its design but at least it's a new modern complex much better than the current one.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:18 AM   #13
7t

A couple of projects from Beta ltd

The beautiful La Serre Complex u/c

Old February 12th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #14
gjergjkastrioti

Likes (Received): 4892

TIRANA CENTER MASTERPLAN BY ARCHITECTURE STUDIO PARIS

Last edited by gjergjkastrioti; September 2nd, 2008 at 11:26 AM.
gjergjkastrioti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #15
gjergjkastrioti

TOWER PROJECT REALISED BY ARCHEA ASSOCIATI STUDIO

Old February 12th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #16
gjergjkastrioti

International Competition for the Rehabilitation of Scanderbeg Square
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The City of Tirana is pleased to announce an international design competition for the rehabilitation of Scanderbeg Square, the city's most important central square. The Square is the premier public space and civic gathering place for Tirana citizens, a leading tourist attraction for the City, and a national and local landmark. Revitalizing Scanderbeg Square is part of the City's effort to beautify and restore its public spaces - to foster a renewed sense of civic pride among its citizens and to inspire the next generation of development in the City.
Scanderbeg Square is one of the most important urban areas and it spreads over a surface of 45,500m2, of which 4,500m2 is specified for new developments and 41,000 m2 will take the shape of a modern urban square with all the attributes that it deserves.
The realization of this International Competition is made possible with the financial support of His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Amir of the State of Kuwait.
The objective is to select, through an open competition, the best proposal for the implementation project for Scanderbeg Square Rehabilitation. The wining proposal should offer, to the best of its ability, all the solutions to the criteria, which are specified by the coordinator, laid out in the Competition Brief, and is required to follow the guidelines given by the Master Plan of Tirana's City Center.

The Design Assignment includes:

• The reconstruction of the restricted area - “Scanderbeg Square”,
• The streetscape design of the ‘Entries' to the Square.
• The line of progress for the construction of the new developments within the restricted area of the Square; the lines of progress for the reconstruction of the old buildings within this perimeter; and last, the usage of underground development.

The proposal should offer the best urban, architectural, infrastructural and functional solution, for the rehabilitation of the Scanderbeg Square.

The wining proposal will be announced by an International Jury, composed of experienced professionals.

This is a two-stage competition. Deadline for submission is February 29 th , 2008, local time - 4.00 p.m.

Mob. +355.69.2056146
Fax.+355.04. 228430
e-mail : [email protected]
FOR MORE INFO CLICK THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF TIRANA MUNICIPALITY http://www.tirana.gov.al
Old February 12th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #17
gjergjkastrioti

AMERICAN BUSSINES CENTER

MILLENIUM BUSSINES CENTER

Old February 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #18
gjergjkastrioti

INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
FOR “THE REALISATION OF THE PROJECT ON THE CONSTRUCTION AND RENOVATION OF THE BANK OF ALBANIA BUILDING”

The Bank of Albania announces the commencement on 25.04.2007 of the procedures for the International Competition for “The REALISATION OF THE PROJECT ON THE CONSTRUCTION AND RENOVATION OF THE BANK OF ALBANIA BUILDING”.

The Bank of Albania invites all interested candidates to participate in the International Competition for “The Realisation of the Project on the Construction and Renovation of the Bank of Albania Building” with a limit fund of Euro 1.000.000.

The Jury will award the following prizes to the winning design ideas:
First prize Euro 35.000
Second prize Euro 20.000
Third prize Euro 15.000

All the interested candidates may receive the required documents from the Technical Secretariat, versus an irreversible fee of Euro 300.

The required documentation must be submitted to the Technical Secretariat, at the Bank of Albania until June 25, 2007, at 16.00.

For further information on this International Competition, please visit the Bank of Albania website at www.bankofalbania.org.

Contacts:
Address: BANK OF ALBANIA, Technical Secretariat, Sheshi "Skenderbej", No.1, Tirana, ALBANIA.
e-mail: [email protected].
Phone: ++355 4 222 230, 222 152, 222 153 (ext 2300 or 2270)
Fax: ++355 4 223558 (Technical Secretariat).
Old February 12th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #19
gjergjkastrioti

Last edited by gjergjkastrioti; September 2nd, 2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old February 12th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #20
gjergjkastrioti

3D OF CENTER MASTERPLAN