daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #2121
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

One: Autostrada A1

The Tiranė - Durrės road is a superstrada with 4 divided lanes, but doesn't have controlled access everywhere. It's like the shopping street of Albania with numerous store access directly from the road. You can't cross the road though, major intersections are grade-separated, but the road doesn't meet motorway design.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #2122
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Chriss, do you have maybe map or just a vision where exactly A1 is and what is current situation with completion of its sectors?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #2123
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

You can see the A1 in Google Earth (under construction).

I'm not sure about which sections are exactly completed, and I also have no idea how it's supposed to run north of that tunnel. The southern section into the coastal plains is also beyond my knowledge.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #2124
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
One: Autostrada A1

The Tiranė - Durrės road is a superstrada with 4 divided lanes, but doesn't have controlled access everywhere. It's like the shopping street of Albania with numerous store access directly from the road. You can't cross the road though, major intersections are grade-separated, but the road doesn't meet motorway design.
Possibly do you know long it is ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #2125
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateusz View Post
How many are there roads in Albania which hold A-prefix and green signs ?
There r 2 with A-prefix. A1 & A2

Durrės-Morinė(Near at Rep.of Kosova's border) was baptized as A1 with 4 lines and the first Autostrada in Albania with green signs.

The other one ..is the southern axis Durrės-Fier-Tepelenė baptized as A2.
----------------------------------------

I don't have it clear...but according to an notification in the ministry of trasportation website..all new build Autostrada's in Albania were going to be called A2 with 4 lines.
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #2126
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateusz View Post
Possibly do you know long it is ?
Tiranė-Durrės is 39km.

At this moment is an 2X2 Autostradė..but as this road link two most bigest cities of Albania ..govern have thinked that in the near future to expand it into an 3X3 real motorway.100 mil euro will be invested.
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #2127
Goyazny
ja u pidzami

Likes (Received): 155

Strumatic !

[IMG]http://i34.************/2zfkbqo.jpg[/IMG]
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #2128
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Likes (Received): 127

posted by shqiptario in the albanian forum

Kukes - Morine

[IMG]http://i47.************/2exu0es.jpg[/IMG]
Illyrian_Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM   #2129
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyazny View Post
Strumatic !

[IMG]http://i34.************/2zfkbqo.jpg[/IMG]
Simply beautiful.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:05 PM   #2130
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqiptario View Post
Nice photos.It seems that they have re-paved the existent road.
It will be expanded till in Shkodėr? right?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #2131
KingGenti
BANNED

Kukės-Morinė

Posted by Rolex @urbania.al

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAf7L...layer_embedded

Old December 4th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #2132
Markowice10

Likes (Received): 69

Which way the best transit rout will be from Montenegro to Greece, in 2010?
Markowice10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #2133
7t

Currently the so called North-South Corridor (although not complete) is the fastest way to get from Montenegro to Greece, through Albania. The route starts from Hani i Hotit and ends in Kakavijė.
Here are the segments you need to follow:

Hani i Hotit - Shkodėr - Tiranė - Durrės - Rrogozhinė - Lushnje - Fier - Levan - Tepelenė - Gjirokastėr - Kakavijė

Keep in mind that Shkodėr - Hani i Hotit is not complete and neither is Levan - Tepelenė.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #2134
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

A new video from the Durres kukes motorway ! As you can see the road has not totally been finished but drivers are allowed to drive there ! The road will be completely finished in 6 months from now !

Note : The road is much wider than it appears here ... i ve been there ! It must have smthng to do with the camera , i do not know !

p.s at 3:30 minutes it becomes really interesting !

Last edited by Illyrian_Patriot; December 6th, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #2135
voznikvozniku

Likes (Received): 0

Albanian motorways

Hello to everyone,

I would like to have some newest map of Albanian motorways which are completed in 2009 and also some sections which should be opened till summer next year. I need this information because I work at travel - information centre and a lot of people ask me about best routes through Albania.

I read a lot of pages on this forum but here is so much information and so many different sections that I'm totally confused and I really don't know which motorway section is already completed and which not. Is it possible that someone how knows all these sections could make google map or some other map and just draw inside motorway sections which are opened and section which will be opened till next summer.

Thank you and I have to say that I'm impressed by all these beautiful pictures of motorways...
voznikvozniku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #2136
x-type
con los terroristas

i am asking for it since summer, but no results so far
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #2137
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Ok i ll try to help you ! There is only 1 real motorway in albania and that is Tirane - Morine ( albanian-kosovar 'border' ) , look the last video , it is quite a nice video ! About 107 km i think ! ( the works will have been completely finished in 5-6 months from now .. deffinetely before next summer )

Then there are expressways : Tirane - Dures , Durres - Fjer , Fjer - Lushnje which are in a descent shape !

Shkoder -Tirane is also in a good shape ... etc !

There are many other segments too , but there are so many projects going on right now , that i do not know which of them has finished !
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #2138
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

e.g If you want to go from greece to montenegro you ll have to travel through : kakavije ( albanian greek border ) - Gjirokaster - Tepelene- Ballsh- Fier - Lushnje -Durres - Tirane - F. kruje - Milot - Shkoder - Hani hotit ( albanian montenegrin border )

1) Kakavije - Gijrokaster is a wide 1x1 where you can travel with an average of 100 -120 ( it has been reconstructed 5-6 years ago )

2) Gjirokaster - Tepelene is also a modern wide 1x1 where you can travel with speeds that average about 100 - 120 km/h ( the works for its reconstruction finished a year ago )

3) Tepelene - balsh is a narrow road , it has only been repaved , a year ago ! Average speed is about 50-60 cause it has many turns ( But 2 months ago , a new road started in the parameters of gjirokaster - tepelene , that goes through another direction to Fjer ! ) (Tepelen-levan , levan -Fjer )

4) then from fjer until Tirane you will travel in expressways !

5) From tirane to f. kruje it is a wide 1x1

6) From f. Kruje to Milot it is a 3X3 ( it is a 20 km segment which is being reconstructed , and works will have been finished in 6 months from now )

7) Then from milot until shkodra it is a very wide 1x1

8) and from shkodra till hani hotit the road is in a bad shape !

So basically Tepele - Fier is in a bad shape ( but works have already started for creating a new modern road , that will pass through another direction to fier )

And shkoder- hani hotit which is in a very bad shape ... !

I ll post some photos for each segment i ve told you in the following hours
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #2139
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyrian_Patriot View Post
Ok i ll try to help you ! There is only 1 real motorway in albania and that is Tirane - Morine ( albanian-kosovar 'border' ) , look the last video , it is quite a nice video ! About 107 km i think ! ( the works will have been completely finished in 5-6 months from now .. deffinetely before next summer )
more or less we know that, but it is obvious that it is not completed yet. i would like to know which sections are completed in 2+2, which in 1+1, and which still wait to be completed
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #2140
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

there is only one section of about 20 kms between milot and rubik about 20 kms that is a very wide 1x1 ( but for now , cause it will also be expanded to a 2x2 with emergency lanes )

Then all the other segments are a 2x2 with shoulders + emergency lanes ( about 100 kms )

Rreshen-kalimash which is about 76 kms and kalimash morine which is about 30-40 kms

And finally there is a segment F.Kruje milot that is u/c that it will be a 3x3 .. that segment also serves the traffic that comes from shkoder towards tirana

Now about which parts are finished !

Milot-rubik and Rreshen-kalimash are complete , the only problem is that in kalimash the tunnels havent been finished yet and thats why the road will be closed for a period of 1 month !

Then there is the segment Kalimash morine ..... there are some bridges that havent been yet completed , so for some kilometers you ll have to pass through the old road !

I d say that the works are about 90 % finished , and when the tunnel will be opened , from tirana until morine you ll need about 2 hours ....

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane