daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM   #2421
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Construction has started for Shkodėr-Hani i Hotit 4 lines highway..which will link Albania with Montenegro.Long 36 km and it will cost 30 mil euro.It have to finish by august 2011.

Finally.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #2422
ardenica

Likes (Received): 0

ardenica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #2423
RolexAL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 904

Superstrada Durrės-Rrogozhinė u/c

Sh4 Lushnje-Fier

Thnx to mendor
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #2424
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Construction has started for Shkodėr-Hani i Hotit 4 lines highway..which will link Albania with Montenegro.Long 36 km and it will cost 30 mil euro.It have to finish by august 2011.
Really finally. I drove there last year and the road is the most horrible road I have ever driven on. I said to myself never again to Albania. The trucks are driving 20 km/h there, because it's not safe to drive faster.

And do a bit of cleaning there, I have never seen so much garbage as I saw by the road Shköder - Hani I Hotit. I don't know why Albanians don't care for so beautiful nature!

P. S. Does anybody know when they'll replace the rusty bridge over Buna by Shköder?
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #2425
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
P. S. Does anybody know when they'll replace the rusty bridge over Buna by Shköder?
I was crossing that bridge by bus with 54 ppl 3 years ago, and it was quite scary,
[IMG]http://i45.************/j67g9w.jpg[/IMG]

But even worse was road to Spille (next to Rrogozhine and Durres), where we shouldn`t habe gone by bus
[IMG]http://i49.************/6qh2lz.jpg[/IMG]

nevertheless Albania was one of the best holiday in my life, and I had an impression that Albanians are very active people and the country will develope quickly - motorway DR-Morine is a result
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #2426
mmmartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerwony_bo_szybszy View Post
I was crossing that bridge by bus with 54 ppl 3 years ago, and it was quite scary

the country will develope quickly - motorway DR-Morine is a result
Yes, the bridge is scary. I've been only to Shköder and it seemed like the 3rd world to me. And the worse was the experience at the border, where you have to pay 1 € for some kind of stupid permission. They almost didn't let me leave Albania, because I didn't have coin for 1 € and they wanted change!
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #2427
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmartin View Post
Yes, the bridge is scary. I've been only to Shköder and it seemed like the 3rd world to me. And the worse was the experience at the border, where you have to pay 1 € for some kind of stupid permission. They almost didn't let me leave Albania, because I didn't have coin for 1 € and they wanted change!

the 1$ fee has been removed ,

and as for the bridge currently there is another bridge unde construction , in the following months it will be finished

let me add that those photos do not resemble albania at all , it is true that the bridge and the shkoder-hani i hotit are in a terrible situation , but works for the road have started

and a new bridge is under constuction

shqiptario may help by adding a photo
Illyrian_Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #2428
mmmartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyrian_Patriot View Post
the 1$ fee has been removed ,

and as for the bridge currently there is another bridge unde construction , in the following months it will be finished

let me add that those photos do not resemble albania at all , it is true that the bridge and the shkoder-hani i hotit are in a terrible situation , but works for the road have started

Well, just good news from Albania. 1 € fee was really a turnoff. And a new bridge under contruction! Way to go!!!
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #2429
Angelos

Likes (Received): 448

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4,8.432007&z=8

Best road trip ever! hopefully next year it will be come a reality !!!!!!!
Angelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #2430
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4,8.432007&z=8

Best road trip ever! hopefully next year it will be come a reality !!!!!!!
The route you have picked for albania is quite good my friend , may i add , that if i was you though i would have picked an slighty alternative route , although it will be a few kms more it will worth it

From gjirokastra i d go to saranda then to vlora and then to Fieri , you ll love the segment sarande-vlore , its called the albanian riviera and trust me it is not without a reason

Anywayz based on your route there are 2 problematic segments : Tepelene-Balsh ( works have started 6 months ago for a new road there , i dont know if it will be finished in 1 year from now )

And as these 2 fellows above say ( Shkoder - Hani i hotit ) , works have started also as you can see in the above video , it is estimated that next summer it will be ready )

From fier until Tirana 2x2 , Tirana-F.kruje 3x3 , F. Kruje shkoder a wide newly build 1x1 average speed 90

I think you ll need about 5 hours to complete the whole route , maybe if tepelene fier has been completed 4 hours based on this route
Old June 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #2431
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardenica View Post
in this video you see the whole route from Kakavie until Durresi , and then you see from vlora until Sarande ... , so this is the route i am suggestin you Sarande-Vlore-Tirane-Shkoder-Hane i hotit
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #2432
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
I was crossing that bridge by bus with 54 ppl 3 years ago, and it was quite scary,
http://i45.************/j67g9w.jpg
After one year there will be no need to pass through that bridge..'cuz it will be no longer an border crossing between Al and MNE when Shkodėr-Hani i Hotit will finish.

Quote:
But even worse was road to Spille (next to Rrogozhine and Durres), where we shouldn`t habe gone by bus
http://i49.************/6qh2lz.jpg
As u see above...now..after 3 years...there's an 4 lines new highway that will link Durrės with Rrogozhinė.

Quote:
nevertheless Albania was one of the best holiday in my life, and I had an impression that Albanians are very active people and the country will develope quickly - motorway DR-Morine is a result
Well,yes...i have to admit that Albanians are very friendly with foreigners.

As for changes of Albania...i guess that everyone have some things clear that my country is changing year by year.A lot of work have been done in infrastructure and more have to be done to meet western standards.

PS:Why are Polish people are so numerous in Albania? Is there some kind of love between our peoples?
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #2433
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyrian_Patriot View Post

I'm not sure if this bridge will replace the old one.But this is the onliest bridge u/c over Buna river.

Old June 28th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #2434
RolexAL
BANNED

"Qafė Botė" is the new border crossing between Albania and Greece.An new 4 line highway will link city of Sarandė with greek city of Igoumenitsa.

Thnx to mendor for the photo.
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #2435
RolexAL
BANNED

Tepelenė-Ballsh(Also known as Mallakastėr) u/c

By mendor
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #2436
Angelos

Likes (Received): 448

Quote:
"Qafė Botė" is the new border crossing between Albania and Greece.An new 4 line highway will link city of Sarandė with greek city of Igoumenitsa.

Thnx to mendor for the photo.
When this road will be finished ???? i didnt know that there was a road u/c between igoumenitsa and sarande. If so then its better to go through sarande then vlora durres tirane -Shkoder and then the new motorway between Han i hoti and shkoder!

I hope next wear the road between sarande and greek border and han i hotti and Shkoder will be ready because i know that these parts are in very bad condition
Angelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #2437
RolexAL
BANNED

I dont know guys where did you saw that dirt in Shkodėr..but all what i can say is that Shkodėr is one of the most beautiful cities of Albania.Special known for its unique architecture in Al.

City entrance now have an new 4 lines road.

I love this city.

For more...u can take a look here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...198750&page=19
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #2438
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
When this road will be finished ????
Its matter of 2 or 3 months.
Quote:
i didnt know that there was a road u/c between igoumenitsa and sarande.
It was very important to build an new highway and an modern crossing border between Al and Gr(Kakavia couldn't withstand all that flux).You know..all that people crossing border between countries...thousand of trucks.ect.As far as i know ..half of the money are financed by Greek govern.
Quote:
If so then its better to go through sarande then vlora durres tirane -Shkoder and then the new motorway between Han i hoti and shkoder!
Yep.

Quote:
I hope next wear the road between sarande and greek border and han i hotti and Shkoder will be ready because i know that these parts are in very bad condition
+1
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #2439
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
PS:Why are Polish people are so numerous in Albania? Is there some kind of love between our peoples?
really? 90% of our "crew" were Czechs, but generally there`s quite a lot of Polish people ;D
but indeed people were very friendly, ex. we had no problem with sleeping few night on the beach

and back to the topic - our route was more or less MK (Ohrid) - Elbasan - Rrogozhine - Durres - Shkoder - MNE (Ulcinj) and I can`t remember any road in bad condition longer than ~10-15km, which were rather minor roads; it`s good that one of the most important roads, SH-DR-south is on quite flat land, so the cost of possible widening won`t be as enormous as construction of kosovian motorway
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 03:07 AM   #2440
mmmartin

Quote:
I dont know guys where did you saw that dirt in Shkodėr..
This is in Shköder outskirts on the way to Hani I Hotit:

And these are taken on the road to the MNE border:

And this is at the border crossing Hani I Hotit:

I was really disappointed, because the lanscape around Shköder is beautiful. My impresion: it looks like the people don't care at all, the architecture of almost all newer buildings is awful and garbage is layed all over the place.

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane