daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2010, 02:35 AM   #2461
SADOSI

Likes (Received):

Another function of the Albania - Kosova Highway is to give Kosovo full access to Albania's seaports. When the Kosovars finish their segment, travel time will be around 3 hours from Prishtine to Durres.

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:16 AM   #2462
RolexAL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
i am not sure about kosovo, they are in difficult situation and they will need many years to have healthy economy as well as the bad geographical country they have with many mountains but without Sea
I must correct you in this.

http://www.newkosovareport.com/20091...n-service.html

Albania's port of Shėngjin is Kosova's key access to the sea.
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:46 PM   #2463
albania2010

Likes (Received): 705

Quote:
i am not sure about kosovo, they are in difficult situation and they will need many years to have healthy economy as well as the bad geographical country they have with many mountains but without Sea so this means countries without sea and without tourists have slower economic development rate.
On the other hand Albania is situated in Ionian Coast with beatiful beaches which is very positive for a economy. when i show my dad pictures of Albania, because he was going to albania with Greek Telecommunication (Ote-Cosmote or AMC) in 2000's for buissnes a in Tirane and dures, and when i saw him pictures he becomes surprised at how fast they have changed, so i do believe in a few years albania will surpass a few balkan countries
and they will become the top tourist destination in the meditterenean :P
It has changed because we are small country, same size as Belgium, don't need much time to recover but is all about politicians...
The access with Adriatic sea will give a lot of Development to North albania and NOT only because of Kosovo, the FYROM state will use the High Way to get links with Monte Negro and Dubrovnik as well, also Bulgarian going to Monte Negro and Dubrovnik and opposite, will use this High Way Albania-Kosovo
albania2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM   #2464
albania2010

Quote:
i am not sure about kosovo, they are in difficult situation and they will need many years to have healthy economy as well as the bad geographical country they have with many mountains but without Sea so this means countries without sea and without tourists have slower economic development rate.
On the other hand Albania is situated in Ionian Coast with beatiful beaches which is very positive for a economy. when i show my dad pictures of Albania, because he was going to albania with Greek Telecommunication (Ote-Cosmote or AMC) in 2000's for buissnes a in Tirane and dures, and when i saw him pictures he becomes surprised at how fast they have changed, so i do believe in a few years albania will surpass a few balkan countries
and they will become the top tourist destination in the meditterenean :P

it is for sure it will pass many balkan countries and FYROM is one of them...
The ARBER road it's on the way to be done, Tirana-Debar while Fyrom government has done NOTHING to extend the road from Diber (Debar) to Gostivar city..
Also Kosovo and Fyrom should have started already the discussion about connecting TETOVO and PRIZREN towns with a new road, with Tunnel, same one as Kukes tunnel..
Prizren and Tetovo are exactly 40 kilometers AIR distance and each country has 20 kilometeres each..
20 kilometres of road for each and a tunnel maximum 5 kilometres long (2.5 kilometres each country) would be very positive to connect Skopje closer to adriatic and Monte Negro but the government of Fyrom and Kosovo are more Pover then the Albanian economy so it will be still to wait a few more years until we see any of this projects done..
For Kosovo is Excuse because the High Way from Albanian border until Serbian border will cost minimum 700 million of Euros, while Fyrom has NO project at all, so they should have started already the work for Tetovo-Prizren road with Tunnel or Gostivar-Diber...
Albanian government it is corrupted but they are spending money on High Ways while Monte Negro and Macedonia, also corrupted have done NOTHING the last 5 years for new High Ways!!
As you said the facts speak them selfs.. Albania will soon pass the economy of it's Northern and Eastern neighboroughs......
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:19 AM   #2465
Angelos

Likes (Received): 448

Montenegro has started building BAR-Belgrade Motorways and a new 2-3 km tunnel opened between bar and podgorica. On the other hand as you said FYROM hasnt done anything these years, i havent see any economic improvement or any infrastracture projects.
Albania has improved A LOT these years so its a matter of time to surpass your neighborouhs
Angelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:59 AM   #2466
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Macedonia completed the Skopje bypass recently. Besides that, MK already had a relatively extensive motorway network compared to Bosnia, Montenegro or Albania.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM   #2467
darko06

Likes (Received): 149

And now, the question is, when you're opening the GoogleEarth, there is no highlighted motorways in Macedonia or Albania, so you can't get the real picture of the Macedonian motorway network. (On contrary, GoogleEarth highlights whole 10th corridor stretch in Serbia, even the half-motorway sections NoviSad-Horgoš, Leskovac-Kumanovo or Niš-Pirot! Why? Do Serbs have a spy in the Google HQ?)
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM   #2468
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by albania2010 View Post
It has changed because we are small country, same size as Belgium, don't need much time to recover but is all about politicians...
Oh yeah...it needs a lot of time....Its been 20 years till fall of communism and we are in this situation.Despite dhe progress that we have achieved....we need aslo other 20 years to meet western standards.

Quote:
The access with Adriatic sea will give a lot of Development to North albania and NOT only because of Kosovo, the FYROM state will use the High Way to get links with Monte Negro and Dubrovnik as well, also Bulgarian going to Monte Negro and Dubrovnik and opposite, will use this High Way Albania-Kosovo
A1 motorway is just for Kosovo(I guess that everyone knows the importance of this road for the newest country in Europe).In FyrMacedonia interest is the port of Durrės and not northern Albania's ports.They are using Durrės port since the times of Greek embargo.Most of Macedonian trucks pass through Albanian roads.Tiranė-Durrės-Rrogozhinė-Elbasan-Pogradec-Ohrid.

Last edited by RolexAL; July 2nd, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM   #2469
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
it is for sure it will pass many balkan countries and FYROM is one of them...
FyrMacedonia has one of the best road network in the region.But something positive for Al is that...all roads of Albania/finished an u/c are new..and maybe after some axles in Albania will finish ...then we can talk for comparison.

Quote:
The ARBER road it's on the way to be done, Tirana-Debar while Fyrom government has done NOTHING to extend the road from Diber (Debar) to Gostivar city..
Its in Albania's interest to build roads in part of the Balkans where Albanians live..not in theirs.

Quote:
Also Kosovo and Fyrom should have started already the discussion about connecting TETOVO and PRIZREN towns with a new road, with Tunnel, same one as Kukes tunnel..
Since the A1 is finished not an single Albanian from Kosovo pass anymore through FyrMKD to reach Albania.The same for Albanians in Ilirida...they will use "Arbėri" highway to reach Albania and from this road they can use A1 to reach Kosovo.

Quote:

Albanian government it is corrupted but they are spending money on High Ways while Monte Negro and Macedonia, also corrupted have done NOTHING the last 5 years for new High Ways!!
I don't know for MNE ..but FyrMacedonia has all main axes completed.And it was not necessary for them to spend that much for the roads,instead of us......'cuz they inherited from Yugoslavia better roads than Hoxha left to Albania.

Quote:
As you said the facts speak them selfs.. Albania will soon pass the economy of it's Northern and Eastern neighboroughs.....
Po,po.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM   #2470
RolexAL
BANNED

A1

Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:15 PM   #2471
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Nice videos,Rolex.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:22 PM   #2472
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Enver Hoxha
E.H leave to Albania only tanks,bunkers and Ak-47.40 years of dictactorship were more than enough to bring country back to the time of turk invaders.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM   #2473
albania2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post

Since the A1 is finished not an single Albanian from Kosovo pass anymore through FyrMKD to reach Albania.The same for Albanians in Ilirida...they will use "Arbėri" highway to reach Albania and from this road they can use A1 to reach Kosovo.

You are WRONG!!!!

Tetovo-Prizren road will be MORE then needed for the Kosovars of Prizren, Peja and Gjakova cities, also for Albanians of FYROM in Tetovo, Gostivar and Kerēova city...
You meant the Kosovars in Prishtina maybe or of Gjilan that will not need this road but for people of Prizren, Peja, Gjakova, Tetovo, Gostivar and Kerēova this road PRIZREN-TETOVO will be more then needed...

Also Skopje will use it to get closer to Adriatic sea.... The border in Qaf Thana is usefull for cities of Struga, Ohrid, Kerēova and maybe Gostivar but for Tetovo and Skopje this road will be very needed... it will be needed also for Bulgaria for Sofia to use this link, Sofia-Kumanovo-Skopje-Tetovo-Prizren (through a new tunnel) and then from Kukes linking to Durres and Monte Negro...

But instead of this projects the Government of FYROM keeps fighting on the name pf it's country instead working for the economy.. At least if they don't have the money to build these High Ways AT LEAST to make projects, so next government that will come will have everything ready to start work...
Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:05 PM   #2474
albania2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Macedonia completed the Skopje bypass recently. Besides that, MK already had a relatively extensive motorway network compared to Bosnia, Montenegro or Albania.

By pass of Skopje?????? You mean something like 20-30 kilometres road??
Do you call this a good Project work?????

This is NOTHING at all...
It's Immediately to make the projects of Tetovo-Prizren road with tunnel, it's gonna be ONLY 40 damn kilometres, where 20 kilometres will be for FYROM and 20 kilometres for KOSOVO.. Beside Gostivar-Debar road another link must be KUMANOVO until the Bulgarian Border, to make it a real proper High Way...

I have seen FYROM motorways, from Gostivar to Tetovo I paid double times 1 Euro and also from Tetovo to Skopje I paid again double time 1 euro...
Tetovo-Skopje road was OK but Gostivar-Tetovo was not in good conditions..

Albanian High Ways Tirana-Durres, Durres-Fier etc are are FREE of charge, nothing to pay...
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:40 PM   #2475
albania2010

Quote:
Montenegro has started building BAR-Belgrade Motorways and a new 2-3 km tunnel opened between bar and podgorica. On the other hand as you said FYROM hasnt done anything these years, i havent see any economic improvement or any infrastracture projects.
Albania has improved A LOT these years so its a matter of time to surpass your neighborouhs

Bar-Podgorica tunnel has been exsisted, They just made it more modern, with a new system, but still, is ONLY 1 tunnel with 1 line each, not Double tunnels like Albania, Greece and Croatia have builded recently...

And from Podgorica till Belgrade the exsisiting road is a REAL NIGHTMARE, VERY VERY tinny, no (pockets) to park, you can fall down with the car, and in the other side is ALL Rock.. At winter time you have small stones, falling in the road (the most bad in your car or glass)...
I did it a few year ago Podgorica until Serbian border, a real nightmare, big trucks driving all the way, keeping the Traffic in a horrible situation because there is NO place where to Pass the trucks..
CHECK on GOOGLE EARTH the photos of this road...

Even in Serbia road is very small to drive to CACAK till all way to belgrade..
So 400 kilometres Podgorica-Belgrade is gonna take Many Many years, i bet over 6-7 years to be finished, If they start this year...
Old July 4th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #2476
czerwony_bo_szybszy

Likes (Received): 2

Exactly, by bus I was travelling whole ne day from Moraca Manastir (MNE not so far from Podgorica) to Lazarevac
anyway building motorway in such conditions is a very touch challenge, so respect for Balkan constructors
czerwony_bo_szybszy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 02:53 PM   #2477
mmmartin

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Bar-Podgorica tunnel has been exsisted, They just made it more modern, with a new system
Not true!

Only the railway tunnel Sozina existed, since I think the 1970's, while the tunnel Sozina for vehicules opened in 2005.
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #2478
albania2010

Last edited by albania2010; July 5th, 2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #2479
albania2010

Quote:

Old July 6th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #2480
KingGenti
BANNED

Any update for Fier-Vlore highway?