daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2010, 12:04 AM   #2541
RolexAL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran View Post
And what about exit-numbering? Same as Italy (no)? Your signage is absolutely same as in Italy .
.lol

Quote:
Is on the internet some list of Albanian SH-roads? Here I found SH1-9, but on some photos I've seen SH30 or SH40.
Yes.From SH1 to SH9..i dont know for the second.
Quote:
And one more question (): Whats does it mean "RR40" on this road sign? Is it "Rruga rajonale"=Regional road? (according to Google Translator).
"SH" is used for "Shqipėria"(Which mean "Albania"..we identify our country with that name).

"RR" mean "Rruga"(Which in Albanian mean "road").The "RR" is used to divide the main highways from second roads.Or as u said ..regional roads.I can't explain the "30" or "40" number.
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:09 AM   #2542
RolexAL
BANNED

All photos that i posted above are taken from Vasil Miho.
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:09 AM   #2543
RolexAL
BANNED

About exit numbers.

They don't seem to have numbers.

Old July 31st, 2010, 12:24 AM   #2544
RolexAL
BANNED

Vorė-Durrės

Photo by: [email protected]
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:48 AM   #2545
albania2010

Likes (Received): 705

Good News..

Google Earth JUST Updated the last info about Albania...

High Way Milot-Rreshen-KalimashTunnel-Kukes until Border with Kosovo (morine) has been signed on the Map of Google Earth as HIGH WAY, with Heavy Orange Colour..

Also Fushe-Kruje to Milot has been signed as High Way with Heavy Orange colour....
albania2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:33 PM   #2546
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Yes.From SH1 to SH9..i dont know for the second.
Well I found for example SH30, SH40, SH52 or SH85 on Google Earth an OpenStreetMaps.

And what about exits? How many are on section Rrėshen-Morinė? I found only Rrėshen, Reps and Klos.

Also I would like to ask several (maybe stupid ) questions. (I'm working on Slovak Wikipedia on Albanian road system). Info on the Internet are really poor.

So, you have only one motorway A1 Durrėes-Kukės-Morinė.
  • section Durrės-Vorė is built in parameters of "Autostradė" and it's a part of SH2.
  • setion Vorė-Fushė Krujė is a part of SH52 and it is "Superstreadė" and it is being upgraded to "autostradė".
  • section Fushė Krujė-Shullaz - part of SH1 - Superstredė being upgraded to Autostradė.
  • section Shullaz-Rrėshen is Superstradė being upgraded to Autostredė
  • and section Rreshėn-Morinė is a real motorway ("Autostradė").

Section Durrės-Vorė and all superstredė sections are marked with blue signs with SH-numbers. The motorway in NE Albania is marked as A1 with green signs.
Am I correct? Will the superstradė sections after their upgrading to autostradė resigned to green colour and A1-markings?

And what about toll on these superstradė sections after upgrading?

Is there any company in Albania which maintains the roads in country?

Thx for info
Old July 31st, 2010, 04:09 PM   #2547
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Well I found for example SH30, SH40, SH52 or SH85 on Google Earth an OpenStreetMaps.

Quote:
And what about exits? How many are on section Rrėshen-Morinė? I found only Rrėshen, Reps and Klos.
I know only them too.

Quote:
Also I would like to ask several (maybe stupid ) questions. (I'm working on Slovak Wikipedia on Albanian road system). Info on the Internet are really poor.

So, you have only one motorway A1 Durrėes-Kukės-Morinė.
  • section Durrės-Vorė is built in parameters of "Autostradė" and it's a part of SH2.
  • setion Vorė-Fushė Krujė is a part of SH52 and it is "Superstreadė" and it is being upgraded to "autostradė".
  • section Fushė Krujė-Shullaz - part of SH1 - Superstredė being upgraded to Autostradė.
  • section Shullaz-Rrėshen is Superstradė being upgraded to Autostredė
  • and section Rreshėn-Morinė is a real motorway ("Autostradė").
In fact..all 4 lane highways are called "Autostrada".So,except A1 we have Tiranė-Durrės as SH2,Durrės-Rrogozhinė(u/c..it will expanded in 4 lanes)..Rrogozhinė-Lushnjė ,Lushnje-Fier, Fier-Vlorė and Fushė Krujė-Milot which last 2 are u/c.

"Superstradė"=1X1 high speed road.

The old section Fushė krujė-Vorė is rarely being used now after the road of Airport has finished.I mean...most of the drivers use the road of the airport to reach Fushė Krujė.

For what else u wrote above...u'r right.

Quote:
Section Durrės-Vorė and all superstredė sections are marked with blue signs with SH-numbers. The motorway in NE Albania is marked as A1 with green signs.
From what i have seen with the newly builded Autostrada's...the signs colour have being changed..."Green" for Autostrada's and "blue" for roads/superstrada's.I believe that the ministry of transport will change the signage of whole Tiranė-Durrės.As u see in the photo below...they use the "green" for Autostrada Tiranė-Durrės and "blue" for superstrada "Tiranė-Fushė.Krujė"

Quote:
Am I correct? Will the superstradė sections after their upgrading to autostradė resigned to green colour and A1-markings?
When all main autostrada's will finish construction..they will be baptized as "A1 with 4 lanes"(According to ministry of transport site).And their colour will be green.

Quote:
And what about toll on these superstradė sections after upgrading?
Till now..there is no toll autostrade in Albania..its been talked for the new motorway Tiranė-Elbasan..but nothing concrete even for that.

Quote:
Is there any company in Albania which maintains the roads in country?

Thx for info
Bechtel and Enka will mantain A1 motorway for 1 year.Other roads are maintained by Albanian state road direction.
Old July 31st, 2010, 04:17 PM   #2548
RolexAL
BANNED

I agree with you... veteran.Our road signage's is pretty ugly.(Except of A1).I hope to see it changed soon.
Old July 31st, 2010, 04:40 PM   #2549
veteran
www.fotokosice.eu

Likes (Received): 573

Quote:
I agree with you... veteran.Our road signage's is pretty ugly.(Except of A1).I hope to see it changed soon.
Thanks for info.

Maybe it wasn't good idea to have the same signage as in Italy. Watch this

time around 1:30

Quote:
...According to ministry of transport site...
Could you give me the link for this website?
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:10 PM   #2550
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for info.

Maybe it wasn't good idea to have the same signage as in Italy. Watch this

time around 1:30
lol

Quote:
Could you give me the link for this website?
I couldn't find the link at ministry of transport site as the news is almost 2 years old....but..this is from "Shqip" newspaper.

Monitoring the budget published by the Ministry of Finance: Other routes, less than one million dollars

Ministry of Finance has published the first data on the monitoring of the budget for the year 2008, which shows that the level of investment amounts to around 97 percent. By order of the Minister Ridvan Bode, Finance departmental experts began conducting monitoring on how the costs of any central institution. Speaking specifically to the Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Communications, noted that the average costs for the Durres-Kukes road in 2008 they were higher than any other national axis. According to the Ministry of Finance, on the road in question, identified by code "A2 four-lane road, were spent for every kilometer over 15 million dollars. For other axes national transport are spending less, saving even have. Taking the cost base of $ 15 million / km, and road length of about 57 kilometers, the total comes to about U.S. $ 855 million on the investment value of new Rrėshen.

Costs of road

Expenses for the realization of "national road network, representing about 80.3 percent of the total budget of the Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Telecommunications, compared with the plan, result: 96.2 percent of current expenditure and capital expenditure at around 97 percent. Fund total for this budget item in the ministry in 2008 was about $ 300 million. Speaking specifically to the format of the road "A2 to four lanes, the budget monitoring report in 2008 said that actual expenditures are made at about 98.7 percent of the annual forecast, while the predicted 10.1 miles, 10 miles are completed. In these conditions, the actual average cost for one kilometer route of this type result about 5 million lower than forecast. "This group includes mainly road four-lane road type and width 20 m, as Rrėshen of new road, which occupies most of the implementation of the fund and the amount of this group. In this way, resulting in actual costs over 99 percent of planning and physical volume of work was carried out on the move 100 percent ", explains the report the Ministry of Finance. The average cost kilometer totals some $ 15 million (1:42 billion). In this group, following the report, including Kukes-Morine road, lots 1-5, and crossings-Kukes, where tear 1.2 by the end of 2008 shows that expenditures are made provided 93 percent level, thus it Expropriation mainly problems, as well as modifications to the project, which led to a review of the implementation of the contract term.

Other Projects

About the product "road construction type A2 '2x2, pavements and lighting, at the end of 2008 shows that the cost and amount of miles are projected to achieve 100 percent level. Actual average costs for a kilometer route of this type, resulting approximately 1.1 million lower than forecast. This group includes mainly road four-lane road type and width ranging from 24-25 meters, where we can mention the construction of the road transballkanike South Institute Zall Herr Kamėz-turnaround and turnaround Center Kamėz-Zall Herr, street-Durres area Shkozet the swamp, etc..). With the supplementary budget for this group were approved funds to build a road-Porto Romano, Durres (1.2 lots) Street Aleksander Goga "Eagle Milot-field road Krujė (1.2 lots, and 40-10) by pass poplar-Kavajė-Rrogozhinė (1.2 lots), for which contracts are concluded by the end of the year and has started work to mobilize the yard.

Forms and average cost

A2 road '2x2

There are sidewalks and street lighting, where the average cost of one kilometer totals about 4.2 million dollars. This form includes Kamėz-axis turning Zall Herr and Milot-field young.

A2, with four lanes

This group includes mainly road Rrėshen of new, Kukes, Kukes-Morine and crossings. The average cost of these roads is estimated at 15 million kilometers of dollars.

B1, two-lane

Average costs for a kilometer route of this type result about 850 thousand dollars. Here enters ring tear Shkodra 1.2; road-bridge Bulqizė Ēermės; Qafė flag-South.

C2, with two lanes

Actual average costs per kilometer route of this type, there are about 620 thousand dollars. These include parallel street Tirana-Vora, Dhermi-Himara-Qeparo-Saranda, Saranda Vuno.

Bridges and overpasses C2

Dragoti include bridge, the connection of Berat with Permeti way, reconstruction of bridges on the road Velipoja. The cost for each kilometer results in about 35 thousand dollars.

PS:
Durrės-Morinė motorway ..or what is now "A1 motorway" as its first steps of construction was called "A2"..but later they changed it to "A1".
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:45 PM   #2551
RolexAL
BANNED

Road of riviera..Vlorė-Sarandė

Segment Jalė-Himarė

Photos by Vasil Miho

Old July 31st, 2010, 10:46 PM   #2552
RolexAL
BANNED

Veteran,

I found an photo where SH30 is showed.Its the first time that i see it..so i can't give to u an proper explanation.But if someone else will not respond to u here...u'r welcome to ask that question in Albanian forum.)

Old July 31st, 2010, 10:53 PM   #2553
RolexAL
BANNED

Again with road of riviera.

Section of Dhėrmi.

Photos by Vasil Miho

Old August 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM   #2554
Kulla
BANNED

Likes (Received): 846

Ksamil-Butrint

Pics from Vasili

Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:38 PM   #2555
Kulla
BANNED

Kavajė-Golem

Old August 1st, 2010, 05:59 PM   #2556
Kulla
BANNED

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Pics from kodiak23
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #2557
RolexAL
BANNED

Kamėz-Tiranė

Old August 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #2558
RolexAL
BANNED

Shkozet-Plepa (Durrės ring road of the beach).Showed with green in the map.

Old August 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #2559
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
Kamėz-Tiranė

Finally finished.

Why with all those American flags?
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #2560
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGenti View Post
Finally finished.

Why with all those American flags?
Its been a while since it has finished.

American ambassador was visiting the town of Kamzė that day...For an small town..such event is quite big.

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane