daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:27 PM   #2801
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

i guess that someone who has an experience with motorways wouldn`t drive 300 and turn around fixing camera and pulling down in tunnel. And record all that and put it on YT.
SO it is more than obvious that they were so excited they are driving good road, so it is "logical" they will drive 300 and record it, put it on YT. So retards, amateurs and no-motorway drivers.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:39 PM   #2802
Kulla
BANNED

Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
i guess that someone who has an experience with motorways wouldn`t drive 300 and turn around fixing camera and pulling down in tunnel. And record all that and put it on YT.
SO it is more than obvious that they were so excited they are driving good road, so it is "logical" they will drive 300 and record it, put it on YT. So retards, amateurs and no-motorway drivers.
Well it might of been an mix of things for example: a good road, no other vehicles and no turns as far as I could see. Those are very important to speedfreaks like them.

Well being excited about a road and driving 300 on it isnt really *logical* at least not to me, but people vary and they are different. I do hope they get caught before they cause an accident. Not that I care about them, but they might kill/injure other people aswell.
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:55 PM   #2803
RolexAL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
haven't they installed some security cameras inside that tunnel?!
Sure,in&out.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4630
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:09 PM   #2804
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3449

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
not that, i am asking about supervising the traffic inside the tunnel, used to prevent anomalies, like speeding, turning, stopping inside the tunnel tube etc.

in our tunnels if you stop from some reason, in 1 minute the security, firetruck or police will arrive to see why have you stopped.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:13 PM   #2805
RolexAL
BANNED

I can't find screenshots from cameras inside the tunnel,but surely they are installed.
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #2806
RolexAL
BANNED

Bridge over river Buna,Shkodėr.

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2807
woutero

Likes (Received): 41

Those 250 km/h guys are crazy and irresponsible. Kind of cool to see so much of the Albanian roads though.

What strikes me is the low standard in which the first part of the first video is built out. Lots of businesses and things with acces directly from the highway. It may be ok now, but if traffic intensities grow, a lot of people are gonna get seriously injured here.

The fully built out freeway parts are really nice though!

The new Buna bridge in Shkoder is a great improvement as well. I used the old one two years ago, and it was quite an experience... Let's hope the Montenegrins are going to do something to upgrade the road to Ulcinj, because that is in a pretty bad state (narrow and curvy).
woutero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2808
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Bridge over river Buna,Shkodėr.

KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #2809
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by woutero View Post
Let's hope the Montenegrins are going to do something to upgrade the road to Ulcinj, because that is in a pretty bad state (narrow and curvy).
I doubt it.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #2810
7t

Cool little bridge and I like the fact that it's mobile and allows boats to sail right through Buna.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #2811
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGenti View Post
Rozafa.
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #2812
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19428

Is that a swing bridge? Those are pretty rare (road swing bridges, rail swing bridges tend to be somewhat more frequent).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:25 AM   #2813
StevenNL

Likes (Received): 542

Yes that's a swing bridge.
StevenNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #2814
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Shkodėr-Hani i Hotit, first km asphalted.

Have begun the first kilometers of asphalted road segment Shkoder-Hani i Hoti, specifically the segment on the outskirts of Koplik, and the by-pass-in Bajza.

Within the next 3 months is expected to be asphalted inherent part of this segment, influencing and improving the traffic in this segment.

Currently we are working across the urban and extra-urban, six bridges and other works of art, part of this segment.

Minister of Public Works, Sokol Olldashi, inspected progress of works in this segment, where present were the Mayor and the Mayor of Shkodra, and the Italian firm executives who are performing the work.

During his speech, Minister Olldashi said that currently pass the most difficult phase of works, namely "underground phase" in the urban part of the route, and expropriation that have often presented specific problems.

Among other things, the minister said that currently is being moved quickly to other phases of construction of the road, filling in the survey, and in some segments and laying of asphalt.

"Inside there will be a lot cheaper traffic," said Minister of Transport, given the tourist season, as is known, significantly increases the traffic of vehicles that come and go to Montenegro from Hani Border Point Hoti.

The construction of this road section with a length of 39 km is a co Italian government and the Albanian government that is worth around 31.5 million euros.
top-channel.tv
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #2815
Uhepper
freelance

Likes (Received): 0

Hello,

I've travelled across Albania in 2009 and it was very nice trip. This summer we'll repeat the trip but only on the coastal area (riviera). As I read these posts from past year a lot is happening regarding road situation...

Still I would need more info for some sections:
1. Entry from Montenegro - as I can see the road from Podgorica-Hani i Hoti-Shkoder is not yet finished. Probably it's better to enter at the Muriqan (Ulcinj-Shkoder) border crossing?
2. There's a new bridge over Buna to Shkoder from Muriqan - nice! Is there a new road from border crossing Muriqan or it's just the bridge that is new?
3. Exit to Greece - cannot find the relevant info about the road from Sarande-Butrint-Konispol-Igoumenitsa (over Qafė Botė border crossing)? Is there a new road? What's the situation on Albanian side and what on Greek side?
4. Roads to Albanian Alps - are there any improvements on the roads from Shkodra toward:
- Boge-Thethi? Can you go there with normal car (no 4WD)?
- Koman-Fierze-Bajram Curri-Dragobi-Valbone valley? In 2009 road to Koman was bad, ferry to Fierze was amazing , we didn't enter Valbona valley because I was in doubt regarding the road condition. Were there any improvements from 2009?

I'll appreciate any info especially from the road condition at Albanian Alps...

Br, Uhepper

Last edited by Uhepper; June 16th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
Uhepper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #2816
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhepper View Post
Hello,

I've travelled across Albania in 2009 and it was very nice trip. This summer we'll repeat the trip but only on the coastal area (riviera). As I read these posts from past year a lot is happening regarding road situation...

1. Entry from Montenegro - as I can see the road from Podgorica-Hani i Hoti-Shkoder is not yet finished. Probably it's better to enter at the Muriqan (Ulcinj-Shkoder) border crossing?
Because of the construction works, the road was in a very bad condition last October, even worser than the years before without construction works. So I guess it's better to enter Albania through Muriqan. However, it depends on when you will make your trip since the is now asphalt being deployed so perhaps in one or two months the whole situation will be better than now or back in October. And finally it depends on your planned route in Montenegro, if you are already in Podgorica it's not worth the extra kilometers to Muriqan.

Quote:
2. There's a new bridge over Buna to Shkoder from Muriqan - nice! Is there a new road from border crossing Muriqan or it's just the bridge that is new?
It's just the bridge and a few meters before and behind it But the Albanian road to Muriqan is ok, the Montenegrin one is far worser!

Quote:
3. Exit to Greece - cannot find the relevant info about the road from Sarande-Butrint-Konispol-Igoumenitsa (over Qafė Botė border crossing)? Is there a new road? What's the situation on Albanian side and what on Greek side?
Yes, there's a new road and it's finished. You can go from Saranda to Konispol directly in the East of Butrint, so no need for the ferry anymore. I don't know the situation in Greece but I expect the road to be fairly good.

Quote:
4. Roads to Albanian Alps - are there any improvements on the roads from Shkodra toward:
- Koman-Fierze-Bajram Curri-Dragobi-Valbone valley? In 2009 road to Koman was bad, ferry to Fierze was amazing , we didn't enter Valbona valley because I was in doubt regarding the road condition. Were there any improvements from 2009?
I don't know it, but I doubt it. I haven't read anything about it yet...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #2817
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Hello,

Shkodėr-Hani I Hotit will be closed also for some months.Yes,its better to enter from Ulqin(Slav:Ulcinj).

Quote:
Yes,there's an new bridge that took over the 100 years old one.The road from Muriqan to Shkodėr is re-paved.There's no plan(till now) for an 4 lanes highway between Shkodėr and Muriqan as the traffic is not that big,also Shkodėr-Hani I Hotit is u/c.

Quote:
I dont know for their part,but Albanian one is ok.New road and new custom-house are constructed.

Quote:

I'll appreciate any info especially from the road condition at Albanian Alps...

Br, Uhepper
AFAIK,they are paved.As result of growing interest in years from foreigners visiting Valbona Valley&Albanian alps.

image hosted on flickr

For more and better answers..you can ask in "Traveling in Albania".

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...269989&page=11
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #2818
RolexAL
BANNED

Uhepper,this is the road situation of Razėm village,Shkodėr..part of Albanian alps.Almost all mountaineous roads are the same type of this.

Old June 16th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #2819
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Wow, cool!
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #2820
RolexAL
BANNED

About Valbona.

http://www.journeytovalbona.com/