daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM   #2841
RolexAL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 904

Above Llogara.Vlorė-Sarandė..riviera section.

RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM   #2842
7t

Llogara is spectacular
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #2843
Kulla
BANNED

Likes (Received): 846

New border crosspoint at Qafė Botės.

Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #2844
SIME

Likes (Received): 0

Hi everyone,I plan to drive from Dubrovnik to Igumenitsa.Which road do you suggest?Thanks
SIME no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #2845
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Dubrovnik - Herceg Novi - ferry to Tivat - Petrovac - Bar - Vladimir - border - Muriqan - Shkodra - SH1 direction Tirana - Fushe Kruje - Vore - SH2 direction Durres - SH4 direction Fier - Fier - SH7 direction Vlora/Sarande - Vlora - Himare - Sarande - Konsipol - border - Igoumenitsa
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #2846
SIME

Thanks STICKEDY, direction Konispol-Saranda-Vlore i passed 2008 the very difficult because road was underconstruction.Is this direction now completly finished or have some part underconstruction.If you could post a roadmap with a little more detail because many people who come to Dubrovnik want to go through Albania to Greece.Do you go through Ksamil or go the other side of the lake Liqeni i Butrintit.
Old July 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #2847
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Is this in Durrės?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #2848
Kulla
BANNED

Yes.
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #2849
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

^ Thanks. Is there (or will be) a motorway/expressway connection between the expressways Durrės-Rrogozhinė and Durrės-Tirana?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #2850
Venelin

Likes (Received): 21

Route suggestions, please

This is my first post, so, please, remove it or place it where it belongs in case I chose the wrong category.
We are planning a road trip across Albania in August and I see in this thread that a lot of construction and road improvement has been taking place in Albania in the last years. That's why I'd like to ask you for some advice about which roads to take, especially in the southern part of the country. We care about travel times mostly, a narrow or curvy road is OK, as long as it's asphalted and saves some time. I know that major roads are quite good, but beautiful Gjirokaster and especially Berat do pose some questions.

We're coming from Bulgaria and entering from Macedonia at Qafasan, then driving towards Elbasan.
From Elbasan, which road to choose towards Berat? Should we take the longer route through Rrogozhine and Lushnje? Or head more to the south via Belesh-Lushnje? Or yet more straight via Belesh-Kucove? Or a bit to the east: Cerrik-Shtepaj-Mollas-Kucove? I assume that the quality of the last two roads would be lower, but what should we expect?
From Berat, what is the best way to get to Gjirokaster? Heading back to Fier and then south? Or cutting south towards Zhitom-Gllave-Kelcyre-Tepelene will be OK?
From Gjirokaster to Vlora, do we exit at Tepelene towards Sinanaj and Amonice? Or do we turn west some 10km after Bejar towards Peshkepi? Or maybe it's best to go all the way north to Fier and then south along the coast?
From Vlore everything seems pretty clear: the main highways to Durres, then Tirana, then Kruje and Lezhe and Shkoder (those are the cities we plan to visit), before going towards Ulqin in Montenegro.

Thanks a lot for your ideas and suggestions.
Venelin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #2851
RolexAL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ Thanks. Is there (or will be) a motorway/expressway connection between the expressways Durrės-Rrogozhinė and Durrės-Tirana?
Durrės is between Rrogozhinė(Part of Kavajė country) and Tirana.The road that links Rrogozhinė with Tirana is currently u/c.From 2 lanes it will be with 4 lanes.One of the first sections of this road is the one of the photos you quoted above.
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #2852
RolexAL
BANNED

Republic of Kosova police in Albania's roads.

Aut.Fier(Levan)-Vlorė u/c

image hosted on flickr

By Roberto Berna
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #2853
RolexAL
BANNED

New road toward Fyromian border in Qafė Thanė.(Pogradec)

Old July 9th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #2854
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Republic of Kosova police in Albania's roads.
How is that possible? Do Kosovo and Albania have an agreement about the police operating in each others country (like Netherlands and Germany do in the border area).
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #2855
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
How is that possible? Do Kosovo and Albania have an agreement about the police operating in each others country (like Netherlands and Germany do in the border area).
Yes, this applies for the tourist season since most tourists in Albania derrive from Kosovo, the work of the Albanian police is overloaded and therefore is backed up by the Kosovo police. Kosovo security forces also entered Albania in aid of the flooding in Shkoder last year I think it was. Albanian police and army have also previously entered Kosovo too. Kosovo and Albania is pretty much 1 nation split by European powers in 1912 at the rise of the independence of Albania.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #2856
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Yes, this applies for the tourist season since most tourists in Albania derrive from Kosovo, the work of the Albanian police is overloaded and therefore is backed up by the Kosovo police. Kosovo security forces also entered Albania in aid of the flooding in Shkoder last year I think it was. Albanian police and army have also previously entered Kosovo too. Kosovo and Albania is pretty much 1 nation split by European powers in 1912 at the rise of the independence of Albania.
Not to mention the fact that high ranked military personal from Kosovo study at the Skanderbeg Military University in Albania.
Old July 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #2857
StevenNL

Likes (Received): 542

Politics out, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
Correct.

Joint traffic police patrolling in Albania.

Last edited by StevenNL; July 9th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
StevenNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #2858
SIME

PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIME View Post
Thanks STICKEDY, direction Konispol-Saranda-Vlore i passed 2008 the very difficult because road was underconstruction.Is this direction now completly finished or have some part underconstruction.If you could post a roadmap with a little more detail because many people who come to Dubrovnik want to go through Albania to Greece.Do you go through Ksamil or go the other side of the lake Liqeni i Butrintit.
PLEASE
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #2859
SIME

Which way is faster and better to drive
Konispol-pllake-Cuke-Clirim or Delvine-Muzine-Gjirokaster-Tepelene-Ballsh-Fier
or
Konispol-Plake-Cuke-Saranda-Himare-Vlore-Fier
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #2860
Ermir

Likes (Received): 2814

Quote:
The other side, look below.

Quote:
Which way is faster and better to drive
Konispol-pllake-Cuke-Clirim or Delvine-Muzine-Gjirokaster-Tepelene-Ballsh-Fier
or
Konispol-Plake-Cuke-Saranda-Himare-Vlore-Fier
I'd say the third one, (Stickedy already responded to you on that) part of it is still u/c, esp near Vlore but still quite driveable

Konispol - Sarande :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi_H View Post

New Road from Greece to Albaina Mavromati/Qafe Botė border.
It is the middle one from Shkallė - Mursia - (lake Butrinti always on your left) Pllakė - Ēukė - Qafė Gjashtė - Saranda.
Very good road especially for bikers.
No traffic at all. The road is yours.

Last edited by Ermir; July 11th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Ermir está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane