daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #3081
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

neah, you cannot see it in movement. and brightness isn't the prove. actually, thermoplastic marks always seem to be yellowish, while normal sprayed colour is white as snow while it is new.
i agree about thermoplastic marks at places with large traffic, but otherwise there is no need for them

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #3082
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

It depents, Thermoplast markings are yellowish, when they are dirty. When they are new, they are also snow white. They do not glow as much as fasade paint, but still glow a lot when reflected. Look at new Struma motorway pics, definatly thermoplast markings, but they were white. And for me IMO Thermplast markigns are a must on every road. Bulgaria does not use them everywhere but at most places and IMO they are white when new aswell. Only when some dirt comes on them they get yellow. But in each country it is different. I doubt Albania used normal markings on motorways, if they did, that is very wrong, on raods with high speed such markings do not have to be used, just like Macedonia. Latest motorways with fasade paint markings, this is substandart and dumb. Hungary uses Thermoplast acustic markings, just as germany and I think austria aswell.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 02:43 PM   #3083
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Thermoplast markings are never so shiny as normal markings even when new. They are used for durability and not for excellent shine. And as Albania obviously uses Italian codes for road construction I doubt they use them as Italy does not use thermoplast markings.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #3084
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

3:10-3:20 Durres-Rrogozhine motorway

KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #3085
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Thermoplast markings are never so shiny as normal markings even when new. They are used for durability and not for excellent shine. And as Albania obviously uses Italian codes for road construction I doubt they use them as Italy does not use thermoplast markings.
I see, no problem, then I was wrong.
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #3086
tip top

Likes (Received): 0

Hello guys,

I know this is not the proper place to ask this but I am really short on time. I need to go to Corfu from Podgorica urgently and my car is broken down, so I'll have to use the buses. I've been searching internet but I wasn't able to find any info on buses leaving from Shkoder to Greece (Athens). I would step down in Ioannina and then continue to Igoumenitsa.

Could anybody tell me if there is any info available on the net about buses that are leaving from Shkoder? Also those from Greece to Tirana or Shkoder?

I've travelled through Albania many times (more than 40), either to go to Macedonia, Greece or Turkey, but every time with my car, and I know Albanian (main) roads pretty well. I've been following this thread with great attention and I must admit you are doing a good job to keep it as much detailed as possible.
tip top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #3087
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by tip top View Post
Hello guys,

I know this is not the proper place to ask this but I am really short on time. I need to go to Corfu from Podgorica urgently and my car is broken down, so I'll have to use the buses. I've been searching internet but I wasn't able to find any info on buses leaving from Shkoder to Greece (Athens). I would step down in Ioannina and then continue to Igoumenitsa.

Could anybody tell me if there is any info available on the net about buses that are leaving from Shkoder? Also those from Greece to Tirana or Shkoder?

I've travelled through Albania many times (more than 40), either to go to Macedonia, Greece or Turkey, but every time with my car, and I know Albanian (main) roads pretty well. I've been following this thread with great attention and I must admit you are doing a good job to keep it as much detailed as possible.
My advice would be to go to Tirana , and take one of the buses that go from Tirana to athens ( the agencies are close to the main square of Tirana ) , and ask from the Driver to leave you in Ioanina . Ask around there the locals and they will provide you with more information of how to get to Corfu .

From shkoder to Tirana , there are many buses and mini-buses that come and go on a daily basis . I cannot provide though any more information about that . But i am sure is not gonna be hard to find one .

P.S the buses from Tirana to greece are departing in the afternoon around 4-5 o clock . And the bus needs 5-6 hours to get to ioanina .

Last edited by Illyrian_Patriot; October 5th, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Illyrian_Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #3088
tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyrian_Patriot View Post
My advice would be to go to Tirana , and take one of the buses that go from Tirana to athens ( the agencies are close to the main square of Tirana ) , and ask from the Driver to leave you in Ioanina . Ask around there the locals and they will provide you with more information of how to get to Corfu .

From shkoder to Tirana , there are many buses and mini-buses that come and go on a daily basis . I cannot provide though any more information about that . But i am sure is not gonna be hard to find one .

P.S the buses from Tirana to greece are departing in the afternoon around 4-5 o clock . And the bus needs 5-6 hours to get to ioanina .
Thank you very much Illyrian Patriot. It's gonna be easier to get from Ioannina to Igoumenitsa with KTEL and then with ferry to Corfu. The bus routes through Albania were unknown to me.
Most probably I'll do as you have suggested. Many thanks.
tip top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #3089
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Durrės-Plepa(Rrogozhinė)

when did they instal the lights ?!
Illyrian_Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #3090
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Anyone knows what road is this?

Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #3091
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post

It depents, Thermoplast markings are yellowish, when they are dirty. When they are new, they are also snow white. They do not glow as much as fasade paint, but still glow a lot when reflected. Look at new Struma motorway pics, definatly thermoplast markings, but they were white. And for me IMO Thermplast markigns are a must on every road. Bulgaria does not use them everywhere but at most places and IMO they are white when new aswell. Only when some dirt comes on them they get yellow. But in each country it is different. I doubt Albania used normal markings on motorways, if they did, that is very wrong, on raods with high speed such markings do not have to be used, just like Macedonia. Latest motorways with fasade paint markings, this is substandart and dumb. Hungary uses Thermoplast acustic markings, just as germany and I think austria aswell.
Austria doesn't use them.
Substandard, are you serious?!
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #3092
FijuBriju

Likes (Received): 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
Anyone knows what road is this?
It's the bypass of Kukes in the north of Albania close to Kosovar border. Immediately after that brigde in the end of the footage is the highway Kukes - Durres.

However, its an old footage, nowdays that ring road has crashbarriers in the middle and on the sides although bridges are not all completed and are still just two lanes one for each direction.

http://www.wix.com/aranow/aranow

Animal Medical Care Foundation

http://www.animalmedicalcarefoundation.com/kosovo.html

Last edited by FijuBriju; October 15th, 2011 at 01:48 PM.
FijuBriju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #3093
Tirana Transplant

Tirana Ring Road Alignment

Looks to me like those maps of the ring road alignment are not correct in the Sauk area. The road is currently cutting directly from the artificial lake to the intersection near TEG. There will be no direct connection to Rruga Elbasan near the National Cemetery. The work is moving along nicely though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Tirana outer ring road is largest investment(After A1 and A2) in road infrastructure of Albania.

AFAIK,the contractor is Albanian.

The first map is from the road network of Tirana.The red line is the outer ring road.

These two shows the section of the ring road that will be connected with Tirane-Elbasan motorway.

Tirana Transplant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #3094
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Looks like it will run through densely-populated areas.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #3095
StevenNL

Likes (Received): 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirana Transplant View Post
Looks to me like those maps of the ring road alignment are not correct in the Sauk area. The road is currently cutting directly from the artificial lake to the intersection near TEG. There will be no direct connection to Rruga Elbasan near the National Cemetery. The work is moving along nicely though!
I think it cuts Sauk in the middle. Probably going to make a roundabout there.
StevenNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #3096
liza betir

Likes (Received): 6

Very strange
liza betir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #3097
Kulla
BANNED

Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanPOLIMI View Post