daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 21st, 2012, 12:28 AM   #3261
tias

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
There are basically three possibilities:
1. Podgorica - Shkodra - Fushe-Kruje - Vore - Durres - Rrogozhine - Elbasan - Struga - Kicevo - Gostivar - Tetovo - Skopje (ca. 510 km)
2. Podgorica - Shkodra - Tirana - Elbasan - Struga - Kicevo - Gostivar - Tetovo - Skopje (ca. 480 km)
3. Podgorica - Shkodra - Milot - Burrel - Debar - Gostivar - Tetovo - Skopje (ca. 380 km)

As you can see, version 1 is the longest way, but you have better streets and you don't have to drive through Tirana. So, in spite of being 30 km longer, it will be faster than number 2.
The shortest way would be number 3, but you have to drive some not so good roads in Albania, e.g. from Milot to Burrel. The road further to Dibar was at least partly rebuild, but I guess you can't drive as fast as on number 1. But since it's 100 km shorter, it could be more or less take the same time.

So, it's your choice!
E pse jo Podgorice-Shkoder-Milot -Kukes-Prizren- Ferizaj-Shkup
tias no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:35 AM   #3262
tonylondon

Likes (Received): 31

se sja ka idene>>>>>>>>
tonylondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM   #3263
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

3rd option
I wouldn't suggest road Debar-Gostivar from Macedonian side is also in bad shape.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM   #3264
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by tias View Post
E pse jo Podgorice-Shkoder-Milot -Kukes-Prizren- Ferizaj-Shkup
Kjo duket me e drejte.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:43 AM   #3265
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skodilak View Post
Hi guys,

I need little help ,

Which road you recommend for Podgorica - Skopje across Albania ?

Kind regards
Going through Kosovo would be much faster.... Podgorice- Rozaj - Peje - Prishtine - Skopje.

Half of the Peje - Prishtine highway is dual-carriageway so you will be travelling at 100km/h. Prishtine - Skopje is about 80-90 km long.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:49 AM   #3266
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
3rd option
I wouldn't suggest road Debar-Gostivar from Macedonian side is also in bad shape.
That road was already rebuild in 2008! So no problems there I guess...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:52 AM   #3267
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Going through Kosovo would be much faster.... Podgorice- Rozaj - Peje - Prishtine - Skopje.

Half of the Peje - Prishtine highway is dual-carriageway so you will be travelling at 100km/h. Prishtine - Skopje is about 80-90 km long.
But sadly the Green card still isn't valid in Kosovo - so you have to buy an car insurance at the border for much money. And I doubt that this will pay off...
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:12 PM   #3268
shpirtkosova
BANNED

I think the insurance is about 50 Euros for 3 months, I'm not sure if they sell any shorter preniums for transit vehicles.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3269
stickedy

No, they don't
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:45 PM   #3270
shpirtkosova
BANNED

We have a very silly government. Now that Kosovo plans to connect Albania with Serbia and Macedonia with the R6 and R7 motorways such insurance scheme is really needed, at least offer transit drivers a 2 day insurance plan for people willing to pass through Kosovo. It can only bring more revenue than in the current situation. Anyway we'll leave it at this as we are now going off-topic.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM   #3271
stickedy

That's not a government problem, it's a problem of the insurance companies that sell those insurances... But the real problem lies deeper, the green card won't get valid until Kosovo gains UN recognition and that won't happen before things got cleared with Serbia because Russia and China would veto an attempt
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #3272
shpirtkosova
BANNED

I think Kosovo was already planning the Green Card membership process... Im pretty sure its not linked to a country having to be a UN member.
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #3273
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

European insurers are generally slow with processing changes. 2012 was the first time Montenegro was listed as a separate country on my green card while they have been independent since 2006.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #3274
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
I think Kosovo was already planning the Green Card membership process... Im pretty sure its not linked to a country having to be a UN member.
In Theorie not, since membership is in the responsibility of the CbC, but the CbC itself has the rule that only UN members are allowed.

Look here: http://cobx.org/en/index-module-orki...ew-id-301.html

And Montenegro became a member of CbC in 2012, so it wasn't written on the Green Card before. But there was a special agreement with Serbia that the Green Card for Serbia was also valid in Montenegro.

I guess, it could be possible that Kosovo could make an agreement with another country, too, but I also guess that no one really wants to offend Serbia and so... Another possibility would be an mulitnatioal agreement based on the vehicle registration number plates so that the green card would be unnecessary (Croatia has such an agreement with the EU), but since not all EU members recognize Kosovo, this is also doubtful...
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #3275
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

I think this is more matter of conflict of interests (corruption in Kosovo)..

As a matter of fact, insurance companies (and politicians behind these companies) earn good money by charging 50 EUR vehicles with foreign plates in the border... And the number of such vehicles is not small at all. Drivers are almost exclusively Kosovars working abroad (in Europe).

BTW, Albania would be more than willing to offer coverage of Green Card to Kosovo, without bothering if Serbia feels offended (recognition of Kosovo was much bigger reason for Serbia to be offended..)

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #3276
Maxxy

Any news with Hani i Hotit - Shkodra road? I travel this road last summer, and it was in terrible condition. Is it any changes? Is it open for traffic? thanks!
Maxxy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #3277
stickedy

Yes, it is open for traffic, but it's not completely finished yet. So there are ongoing works and most likely some bad signed building sites. But I doubt that it's worse than on other Albanian construction sites
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #3278
Arbenit

Likes (Received): 372

From Albanian forum, on 2 July 2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rene1234 View Post
Kalova dje nga kjo rruge, dhe pervec nje pjese te fillimit nga dogana e Hanit te Hotit nja 500m dhe nje pjese lidhese po ashtu nja 200m e gjithe rruga eshte shtruar dhe ka dal shume bukur
Google translation:

"I passed yesterday by the road, and besides a part of the start of Hani i Hoti customs about 500m and a connecting portion is also all about 200m of road is paved and it turned out very nice."

Brilliant minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
Arbenit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #3279
rene1234
Carpe Diem

Likes (Received): 1473

The road Hani i Hotit-Shkoder is almost finished and paved (there is only a small segment unpaved 500-600m)..the only thing missing last time I passed were the side borders and the road's markings..

p.s. Thanks Arbenit
rene1234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #3280
Maxxy

Nice! I will go in one week, if I have time maybe I will make few pics and post here!

Thanks for information guys!!!
Maxxy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane