daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #3761
RolexAL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGenti View Post
Tunnels of A3 motorway

[IMG]http://www.km.gov.al/galeri/May-9-16-53-3tuneli13.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.km.gov.al/galeri/May-9-16-52-26tuneli12.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.km.gov.al/galeri/May-9-16-48-26tuneli10.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i42.************/255n8er.jpg[/IMG]

KingGenti liked this post
RolexAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #3762
pepes1gr

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladjack View Post
If anyone interested I can provide info about the current state of the roads. I took the following route Podgorica - Tirana - Elbasan - Ohrid - Bitola - Kozani - Ioannina - Parga - Konispol - Gjirokaster - Levan - Durres - Shkodra - Podgorica.
I think the return of my future trips to follow the route Podgorica-Tirana-Elbasan-Pogradec-Korce-Kastoria etc
the route around the lake of Ohrid I make it a few months ago.
because he has not finished the new road Tirana - Elbasan will have to follow the old. Difficult route.Info please.thanks

Last edited by pepes1gr; May 11th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
pepes1gr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #3763
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

The actual road Tirane-Elbasan is in pretty good conditions.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #3764
dmirstek

Likes (Received): 1

Will A3 Elbasan-Tirane be opened at early august?
dmirstek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #3765
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Berisha is talking about June...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #3766
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmirstek View Post
Will A3 Elbasan-Tirane be opened at early august?
Tunnels this June and i think that only the part of Tirana might be ready for this summer.
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:17 AM   #3767
vladjack

Likes (Received): 3

for pepes: Tirana-Elbasan

Sorry, I was out for couple of days.
Tirana - Elbasan is a typical serpantine, two narrow lanes, very curvy and going quite high. The pavement is ok, but it is difficult to drive. Also, this route includes travelling through the city Tirana, you can get lost there.
I think this road is constructed by fascist Italy in 1940's, correct me if I am wrong.
The alternative is to bypass Tirana: Shkodra-Vore-Durres-Rrogozhine-Elbasan. It is easier road, but much longer (about 50 km).

I didn't try the route Qafa e Thanes - Pogradec - Korce - Greece. From the photos of King Genti, I understood that this section in completed now and very nice. But am not sure.
vladjack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #3768
stickedy

No, the section along Lake Ohrid is not finished yet!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM   #3769
stickedy

Quote:
Tunnels this June and i think that only the part of Tirana might be ready for this summer.
But what's about the part from the tunnels to Elbasan? Opening the tunnels wouldn't make much sense since you can't drive from the east portal to Elbasan. I think we didn't see any pictures of this part yet. (perhaps most likely because there is no street you can drive to the construction works)

The part from Tirana to the tunnels is not that critical because the old road could be used instead. That shouldn't be a problem...
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #3770
KingGenti
BANNED

We don't know it yet,let's wait and see what will happen.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM   #3771
Gaben

Likes (Received): 0

route plan

Hello Everyone,

I tried to get as many informations as possible about the road system in Albania. As there are plenty of posts here and I see the road system is improving day by day for me it is still hard to see the actual status.

I need your kind help about a route plan. We will travel across Albania at the end of July. We will cross the border from Montenegro and will travel to Greece.

My plan is to reach Albania from Podgorica using SH1, follow SH1 next to Tirane and take SH2. From Durres follow SH4, pass Gjirokaster and reach Greek border.

Do you think we can take this route? We prefer the "fastest average speed route" than "route with good sights" and we would like the avoid the possible jams near crowded cities.

Thank you for any help
Gaben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #3772
vladjack

Likes (Received): 3

Dear Gaben,
We have been just discussing the route you mention and several other routes. If you travel from Podgorica to Greece, your route through Albania should depend on where exactly you want to get in Greece. As I understood, you plan to get to border crossing Kakavie (near the greek town of Ioannina).
Well, if that's what you ask, here is the situation:
1. Podgorica - Shkodra (65 km): very good simple road 1+1 lane. You can drive it about 80 km/h.
2. Shkodra - Vore (100 km): pretty good road, mostly 1+1 lane or wider. However, a bit crowdy and requires more carefull drive. You can drive it also 80 km/h.
3. Vore - Durres (20 km): short strip of highway. However, I don't like this highway, because it is not completely in standards and is quite crowdy. I drive it about 90 km/h and quite carefully.
4. Durees - Fier (100 km): exspressway 2+2 lanes. It requires carefull drive, quite difficult. I drive it about 80 km/h and also carefully.
5. Fier-Levan (10 km): bypass around city of Fier is not ready yet, so it looks quite bad at the moment. Many open potholes, crazy traffic, requires maximal care. This is driving on city streets, so average speed would be 30 km/h.
6. Fier-Dames (40 km): excellent new road 1+1 lane. Very nice drive through interesting area, pleasure. Average: 80 km/h.
7. Dames-Tepelene (35 km): terrible. Mostly without pavement, dusty, with big holes. You can drive it about 30 km/h.
8. After Tepelene (10km): 1+1 but narrow road, you must drive it slowly. However, pavement is ok and no significant problems. You can drive it about 50 km/h.
9. Further to Gjirokaster and Greece (65 km): mostly nice 1+1 road, good to drive. Should be done with average speed 80 km/h.

As you can see, there are two critical sections: Fier-Levan and Dames-Tepelene. The rest is ok/good, but requires a bit more carefull drive when you go near populated places. Shouldn't be problems with directions, the pointers are quite good now.
Hope this helps.

Gaben liked this post
vladjack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM   #3773
KingGenti
BANNED

The actual road between Fier and Levan was paved last week for an temporary time till the new section(motorway) between towns of Fier and Vlore will be ready.

[IMG]http://i41.************/34e6cg5.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM   #3774
KingGenti
BANNED

This is the map of Levan-Tepelene road.The green part is finished,the yellow one is u/c

vasil miho
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:29 PM   #3775
KingGenti
BANNED

A3 motorway

Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:54 PM   #3776
Mad-Vampire-10
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6135

Quote:

The actual road between Fier and Levan was paved last week for an temporary time till the new section(motorway) between towns of Fier and Vlore will be ready.
Did you know when that is going to happen?. I heard that the new road project has been approved (unlike the first one that passed over an archeological area) but don't know yet when and how? which are the areas where the new motorway will pass, and the most important thing, did they have already found the funds that will be used to build it, anything like that. Thanks in advance
Mad-Vampire-10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM   #3777
KingGenti
BANNED

Fieri will be linked with A2 by its bypass and an extention highway near at the sea.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #3778
Gaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladjack View Post
As I understood, you plan to get to border crossing Kakavie (near the greek town of Ioannina).
First of all thank you for the answer. Our trip starts from Kotor bay Montenegro to Igoumenitsa and Corfu Island.

I just planned with SH4 road because I am not sure that the Albanian-Greek border in the west near the coast is better (road SH97?).

I have driven really a lot before so paying attention because of heavy traffic won't be a problem I just want to avoid wasting time because of traffic jam or holes in the road or because lack of pavement.

What about Fier-Vlore-SH8-Sharande-SH99-SH4?

Last edited by Gaben; May 24th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #3779
stickedy

The southern route to Greece over Sarande will be no Problem.

Take this route: http://goo.gl/maps/gPll3

Or as an alternative to avoid traffic jams on Adriatic coast in Montenegro: http://goo.gl/maps/4x7LZ

If you want to avoid the coastal road in Albania (will cost you about 1 hour with a normal car, but that depends also on the construction works on SH4), then go from Fier/Levan over Tepelena to Saranda. Ioaninna is too far east if you want go fast to Igoumenitsa.

You can calculate with about 10 hours.

It's important that you choose the SH52 in Fushe Kruje to SH2 (Vora). So you can avoid Tirana and a possible traffic jam. It's also faster But be careful, the interchange is a bit "hidden"

Gaben liked this post
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #3780
Gaben

Thanks a lot guys

I was a bit afarid of border near Konispol. But if you said there is no problem with it I will take it.

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane