daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 14th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #3861
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexAL View Post
Tiranė-Elbasan u/c maybe till november,big bypass of Fier has started construction a couple of weeks ago,Rrėshen-Milot is already finished and in south of Thumana only a little left to do.Till september when new govern will came in power,i dont think that we will have new news.
Fljmndrt!
So there is a motorway from Rreshen to Milot? All the way from Kalimash to Thumana?
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #3862
pepes1gr

Likes (Received): 1

eventually know if it paved the way Lin - Pogradec
had paved gravel. last month.
pepes1gr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #3863
rene1234
Carpe Diem

Likes (Received): 1471

Still u/c

pepes1gr liked this post
rene1234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #3864
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
Fljmndrt!
So there is a motorway from Rreshen to Milot? All the way from Kalimash to Thumana?
From Morine at RKS border till in Thumanė is A1
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #3865
KingGenti
BANNED

Its faleminderit..Nder=honour and falem=pray,in other words it mean 'i pray to your honour'.interesting to see an friendly serb.
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #3866
suvi genije

I know, I just made it shorter, like ''thx''. There is no need to be hostile to unknown people, I am friendly to all good-thinking people as well. And I don't like ''internet brave warriors'', if you know what I mean

I'm not sure that there is full motorway profile on sections arround Kukes and Rreshen-Milot?
And I read yesterday that there was a robbery on A1 near Rreshen, that robbers with AK47 had blocked whole motorway in one direction with tyres, is that really happened?
Old July 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #3867
KingGenti
BANNED

Where did you read that?Your media isnt that realistic at all about us,not that we care but this type of news are pretty low.
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #3868
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGenti View Post
From Morine at RKS border till in Thumanė is A1
That is simply not true! Neither is the part from Morine to Kukes a motorway nor is it signed as A1. And that's the the same for the part from Rubik to Milot and especially the interchange with SH1.

Edit: I'm not sure about signage as A1 north of Kukes, but it's not a motorway. You can describe it as expressway.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3869
tonylondon

Likes (Received): 31

thats true but its a very good expressway from morine to kalimash and also from rubik to milot very good condition road..
tonylondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #3870
suvi genije

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGenti View Post
Where did you read that?Your media isnt that realistic at all about us,not that we care but this type of news are pretty low.
Some yellow newspaper, never mind, forget it...

S there's no motorway between Rreshen and Milot? I'm surprised, that after finishing Rreshen-Kalimash motorway in 2010, there was no progress to Milot and to Morine, and there's no full motorway to Tirana
Old July 19th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #3871
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
thats true but its a very good expressway from morine to kalimash and also from rubik to milot very good condition road..
Yeah, of course! But that's not the point, suvi genije asked about motorway and not about a good road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
S there's no motorway between Rreshen and Milot? I'm surprised, that after finishing Rreshen-Kalimash motorway in 2010, there was no progress to Milot and to Morine, and there's no full motorway to Tirana
The road between Milot and Rreshen is a new built expressway (together built with Rreshen-Kalimash). It's a good road, so it's sufficent. In Milot the interchange with SH1 is under construction. Perhaps the road will be upgraded after finishing the interchange.

The road between Kalimash and Morena has mostly four lanes, just the bridges are only two lanes. But there are a lot of non-standard entrances on that part (you can compare it with SH4 Rrogozhina-Fier). But that part will be upgraded to full motorway standard. At least the government searched for a company to do that, I don't know the current state, perhaps some parts are already u/c.

Last edited by stickedy; July 19th, 2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #3872
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Expressway SH30 / SH5

Kalimash - Kosovo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanPOLIMI View Post

RolexAL, javimix19, MichiH, KingGenti, Seagull liked this post
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #3873
suvi genije

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
The road between Milot and Rreshen is a new built expressway (together built with Rreshen-Kalimash). It's a good road, so it's sufficent. In Milot the interchange with SH1 is under construction. Perhaps the road will be upgraded after finishing the interchange.
I saw that it's still 1+1 road, maybe it is sufficient at the moment, but if you have good A1 motorway (with all 4 "sufficient'' lanes), isn't it natural to extend it all the way to Tirana?

Mad-Vampire-10 liked this post
Old July 20th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #3874
stickedy

Albania has limited funds and currently A3 Tirana-Elbasan is u/c and more important than that short stretch. Overall traffic isn't so high on it that 4 lanes are immediately necessary. But I guess it will be upgraded to motorway standard in the future. But it shouldn't hava a high priority. Elbasan - Tepelena is also more important. I guess we will see that road before the upgrade.
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #3875
tip top

Likes (Received): 0

Hi guys,

I posted this in Albainan speaking part of the forum, I will also ask here;

is the tunnel between Tirane and Elbasan finished and put in use?
Also, is the road from Elbasan to Pogradec and after Pogradec to Greece in good shape?
I know that road from Elbasan to Macedonian border is in good shape, just don't know condition of the road when you turn to Pogradec.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tip top; July 25th, 2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Typo
tip top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #3876
stickedy

The road along Lake Ohrid to Pogradec is currently under construction and/or in bad condition. From Pogradec the part uphill to the plateau of Korca is also in bad condition (like the old road from Tepelena to Fier). From that point on, everything is fine to the border.

It's not that fatal since it's only about 25 km in all. But count with about an hour for it to be safe

This is the bad part: https://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=41...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

The motorway tunnel seems to be in service, the motorway on the side of Tirana apparently not, but the one direction Elbasan seems to be open. Opening the tunnel wouldn't make any sense else...

Last edited by stickedy; July 27th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old July 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #3877
tip top

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
The road along Lake Ohrid to Pogradec is currently under construction and/or in bad condition. From Pogradec the part uphill to the plateau of Korca is also in bad condition (like the old road from Tepelena to Fier). From that point on, everything is fine to the border.

It's not that fatal since it's only about 25 km in all. But count with about an hour for it to be safe

This is the bad part: https://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=41...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

The motorway tunnel seems to be in service, the motorway on the side of Tirana apparently not, but the one side of Elbasan. Opening the tunnel wouldn't make any sense...
Thank you very much, Stickedy. Very useful info
tip top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #3878
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tip top View Post
Thank you very much, Stickedy. Very useful info
No problem, but I had an error in my post and corrected it now. I hope you didn't get the wrong idea?
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #3879
threo2k

Likes (Received): 23

Hi, sorry, this may have been answered before, but i havent been on this forum for long time, so I just have 2 questions want to ask.

- Are the segments on A1 near kukes to KS border going to be upgraded to full motorway in near future? if so, when?

- Are the section from milot to A1 going to be built as a motorway? when?
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #3880
Seagull
Fight multinazism!

Likes (Received): 443

What“s the progress on the remaining parts of the Levan-Tepelene road? Three months ago some 30 km were missing, for example Memaliaj-Tepelene.
Seagull no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane