daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2013, 01:57 PM   #3941
Seagull
Fight multinazism!

Likes (Received): 443

So the works are in progress, but slowly.
Seagull no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:01 PM   #3942
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Yeah, but only in the part before the new bridge (coming from Fier), there seem to be no works between the bridge and Tepelena. They were started there years ago, but never really progressed well and were stopped completly sometime. So that part is bad since several years and it's getting worser from day to day...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:02 PM   #3943
KingGenti
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Passable... Indeed that it is. But that's true for many bad roads in Albania (and other countries as well)
Where are these many bad roads?.AFAIK,the onliest main bad road is Fier-Vlorė,but it won't stay like that 4ever as with the new large bypass of Fier,the road will pass near the sea toward A2 in Vlorė,it will avoid the actual road.

Quote:
My father drove there a few weeks ago. It may be ok if it's dry - at least not worse than other bad roads in Albania - but it's really, really bad if it's rainig since you can't see how deep the countless pot holes are...
I dont know in which part did your father drove,but not in SH5.

Quote:
That part you wrote about in you following posting. About 6 km between Memaliaj and Tepelenė, the part were the new road isn't built yet and the old road is in a terrible condition.
Its just an small part,very soon it will be paved and to look like the rest of the Levan-Tepelenė.
KingGenti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:12 PM   #3944
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Slowly bcz the previous government started a lot of roads to be build at the same time.(Lack of $$)
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:17 PM   #3945
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGenti View Post
Where are these many bad roads?.AFAIK,the onliest main bad road is Fier-Vlorė,but it won't stay like that 4ever as with the new large bypass of Fier,the road will pass near the sea toward A2 in Vlorė,it will avoid the actual road.
Ah, first of all I don't count only main roads. Besides, what is a main road? Only single numbered SH roads?

Second, you forgot to mention SH3 around lake Ohrid - as always: https://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=40...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

And third: I hope that none of all these bad roads stay in that condition for ever. But that changes not that there are still many, many of them...

Quote:
I dont know in which part did your father drove,but not in SH5.
Nobody did that ever claim!

Quote:
Its just an small part,very soon it will be paved and to look like the rest of the Levan-Tepelenė.
It's 6 km you can only drive about 20 km/h if you aren't totally crazy. And then you need at least 20 minutes for that part.

And yes, it will be paved, but not soon since there needs to be a road constructed first...
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:05 PM   #3946
ka__zet
yet another transit geek

Likes (Received): 599

Quote:
It's 6 km you can only drive about 20 km/h if you aren't totally crazy.
Or local. I drove through Albania only once so far (north-south), but in my observation locals did not seem to be overly concerned by such details as quality of road surface.

Ermir liked this post
ka__zet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:30 PM   #3947
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka__zet View Post
Or local. I drove through Albania only once so far (north-south), but in my observation locals did not seem to be overly concerned by such details as quality of road surface.
Your observation,like u did any poll.We are talking for an small non finished section not what one or another think about this and that.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #3948
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
Ah, first of all I don't count only main roads. Besides, what is a main road? Only single numbered SH roads?
You know nothing about albanian roads,better stay on this or to the other thread in our forum about roads.Read more,talk less.

Quote:

Second, you forgot to mention SH3 around lake Ohrid - as always: https://maps.google.de/maps?saddr=40...ra=ls&t=m&z=12
Qafė Thanė-Pogradec or entrance in the city of Pogradec when you came from Librazhd?

Quote:
And third: I hope that none of all these bad roads stay in that condition for ever. But that changes not that there are still many, many of them...
Fortunately they won't.

Quote:
Nobody did that ever claim!
You said

Quote:
It's 6 km you can only drive about 20 km/h if you aren't totally crazy. And then you need at least 20 minutes for that part.
20 minutes are exaggerated.

Quote:
And yes, it will be paved, but not soon since there needs to be a road constructed first...
Those 7+1 km are not problem at all,the majority of the road is build up and the same will happen to those 8 bad km.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:43 PM   #3949
KingGenti
BANNED

stickedy,SH9 or from Fyromian border(AL:Qafė Thanė) to Pogradec is already paved.

Old October 31st, 2013, 03:53 PM   #3950
stickedy

Quote:
stickedy,SH9 or from Fyromian border(AL:Qafė Thanė) to Pogradec is already paved.
No! Those picture show the mountain pass. The road was paved several years ago until Lin. The remaining part isn't rebuilt yet.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:54 PM   #3951
ka__zet
yet another transit geek

Quote:
Your observation,like u did any poll.
If I did any poll, I would say "I did some polling", it was a (one-time, as I wrote) observation. You don't need to be so defensive, I'm not even saying that is a bad thing.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:56 PM   #3952
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
No! Those picture show the mountain pass. The road was paved several years ago until Lin. The remaining part isn't rebuilt yet.
Some years ago?.See how it was on May 2013 and compare it with now.

Old October 31st, 2013, 03:58 PM   #3953
stickedy

Quote:
You know nothing about albanian roads,better stay on this or to the other thread in our forum about roads.Read more,talk less.
I know a lot about Albanian roads. You didn't answer my question? Is SH52 a main road? And what about SH5?

Quote:
Qafė Thanė-Pogradec or entrance in the city of Pogradec when you came from Librazhd?
You mean Korce not Librazhd? Both parts. Look at the linked map.

Quote:
Fortunately they won't.
Yeah! But it will need some more time...

Quote:
You said
No! I said that this part of SH4 was damaged by the construction vehicles like SH5 was damaged back when A1 was built. Nothing else.

Quote:
20 minutes are exaggerated.
I you can only drive 20 km/h then it last this time.

Quote:
Those 7+1 km are not problem at all,the majority of the road is build up and the same will happen to those 8 bad km.
It's a problem! It not a big problem compared to the situation a few years ago, but it's still a problem.
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:03 PM   #3954
KingGenti
BANNED

Quote:
I know a lot about Albanian roads. You didn't answer my question? Is SH52 a main road? And what about SH5?
You may know,but your google translator doesn't give you the proper translation.

SH52 afaik is Vorė-Fushė Krujė.

image hosted on flickr

Quote:
You mean Korce not Librazhd? Both parts. Look at the linked map.
If you want to reach Pogradec from SH3 that mean that you have to pass through Librazhd.

Quote:
Yeah! But it will need some more time...
You dont know that.

Quote:
No! I said that this part of SH4 was damaged by the construction vehicles like SH5 was damaged back when A1 was built. Nothing else.
You are mixing things and not understanding what you are writing.

Quote:
It's a problem! It not a big problem compared to the situation a few years ago, but it's still a problem.
That is just 3% of the road.
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:58 PM   #3955
Impera
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
May i ask when did you pass from there ?! It is of great importance given the fact that in the last 5-6 years , there has been a complete transformation of the road network of albania in general ( with the ups and downs that come from an impulsive even somehow violent transformation )

Furthemore what you claim is totally not true , and maybe it can be concidered a bit provocative , because there is no logical basis to get to that conclusion .
Impera no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:06 PM   #3956
Impera
BANNED

Quote:
if it's rainig since you can't see how deep the countless pot holes are...

That part you wrote about in you following posting. About 6 km between Memaliaj and Tepelenė, the part were the new road isn't built yet and the old road is in a terrible condition.
Buddy it is about 6 kms all in all , you are confirming it yourself .

Those kms are soon to be finished also . I can confirm that works are en progress , and even that strech including the new bridge is being constructed as we speak .

The reason was that the greek company that was initially contracted , did get bankrupt ... thus the works did halt , and now another company has been contracted .

This explains why , the first strech is totally constructed ( because that strech was being constructed by an italian one ) , while the second half by a greek one is delayed .
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:14 PM   #3957
ka__zet
yet another transit geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impera View Post
May i ask when did you pass from there ?!
Summer 2012. And as I follow that forum thread, much of road stretches that I traversed are already upgraded since then.

Quote:
Furthemore what you claim is totally not true , and maybe it can be concidered a bit provocative , because there is no logical basis to get to that conclusion .
Just to clear that up: dry observation here is "local cars drove on poor quality roads faster than foreign cars". I do not mean my interpretation of this fact to be directed against Albanian drivers, OK?
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:24 PM   #3958
Impera
BANNED

Quote:
Summer 2012. And as I follow that forum thread, much of road stretches that I traversed are already upgraded since then.

Just to clear that up: dry observation here is "local cars drove on poor quality roads faster than foreign cars". I do not mean my interpretation of this fact to be directed against Albanian drivers, OK?
Well given the fact that on the past , the roads were so bad , locals are more used to any bad road condition that it might be , thus they drive more fast than what you would expect them to drive .

That however does not mean , that they are not demanding better standarts .

There are many kms of motorways/expressways and national roads u/c .

But all of them are in the final stages of completion .

KingGenti liked this post
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3959
ka__zet
yet another transit geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impera View Post
That however does not mean , that they are not demanding better standarts .
Aaah, there's misunderstanding, my bad. By lack of concern I meant exactly that they seem to used to bad conditions, not that they are happy with those bad conditions.

Impera liked this post
Old November 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM   #3960
stickedy

Quote:
SH52 afaik is Vorė-Fushė Krujė.
I know that. And I know the road itself. I just wanted to know from you whats your definition of a "main road" That's all.

Quote:
If you want to reach Pogradec from SH3 that mean that you have to pass through Librazhd.
No, only if you drive from direction Elbasan. If you come from Korce, you don't have to go to Librazhd first. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that the stretch along lake Ohrid - and I gave you the map which shows the part - is not finished yet.

Quote:
You are mixing things and not understanding what you are writing.
Are you nuts? Here is my posting, it's absolutely clear what I wrote about:

"The problem is, that it's not untouched at all. Works had already started but they didn't advance much, but it was enough that road surface is now heavily damaged. Most likely also because of the heavy constrcuction vehicles. Was the same with SH5 when building A1 ... That part is currently terrible!"

Quote:
That is just 3% of the road.
And? I just said that it's a terrible part. Nothing more

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane