daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 2nd, 2013, 03:39 PM   #3981
suvi genije

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mars1444 View Post
We have to wait January for news on roads.
What is Arberi road? Is this a road from Tirana to Debar?
What is the current status of construction? Are some stretches completed? Any map of that future road? Is it going to be 1+1 (like Levan- Tepelena)?
Sorry for so much questions
suvi genije no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #3982
Man.Utd

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi genije View Post
What is the current status of construction? Are some stretches completed? Any map of that future road? Is it going to be 1+1 (like Levan- Tepelena)?

Yes, current status is not as we all expected cause it's big mountain region and it's an hard work. the road will be 1x1 and most probably with 80km/h speed limit. cause it's not a expressway but just a simple 1x1 quality road.
Man.Utd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #3983
suvi genije

Хвала пуно!
Faliminderit!

That road could be good alternative solution for tourists from Serbia to Durres or Saranda (if they choose to avoid fastest way via Pristina)...
And closest way for Macedonians/people from FYROM.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #3984
Man.Utd

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Хвала пуно!
Faliminderit!

That road could be good alternative solution for tourists from Serbia to Durres or Saranda (if they choose to avoid fastest way via Pristina)...
Indeed, but still the road Mavrovo-Debar is a real bad road. There is around 55 km in this road but it's a bad and a dangerous one. Still very beautiful if you are not hurry.

For the moment serbs comming in Albania by avoiding Kosovo use the road
Skopje-Tetovo-Gostivar-Kicevo-Struga-Elbasan-Tirana. I have seen alot in this road.

but obviously if the Arėberi road open, it would be much faster for everyone
Man.Utd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #3985
2mars1444
BANNED

Likes (Received): 197

Quote:
'Arbėr' and 'Arbėria' was the medieval name for Albanians and Albania(Prinicipality of Arbanon as the first albanian state).As for the road it links Tirana with Dibėr.(Albanian part of Dibėr).

This is an photo of one of the finished sections.

igli pustina

It's been left a lot of work to be done,not even half has finished.
2mars1444 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #3986
2mars1444
BANNED

Quote:
Хвала пуно!
Faliminderit!

Most of the serbs are massing mostly the southern beaches,ionian riviera.Majority of them enter from Montenegro as with the newly section Hani I Hotit-Shkodėr builded has changed the situation of the road infrastructure in north-western Albania.
Old December 4th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #3987
suvi genije

Quote:
Most of the serbs are massing mostly the southern beaches,ionian riviera.Majority of them enter from Montenegro as with the newly section Hani I Hotit-Shkodėr builded has changed the situation of the road infrastructure in north-western Albania.
No way I would go via Podgorica, it won't be easy to drive 15 hours mostly on mountanious 1+1 roads. Best way is via Pristina, only heavy sections are Nis-Merdare and SH8.
Btw, feel free to use capital "S"
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #3988
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

I would not advise serbs to go through Nis- Merdare road. The part from Prokuplje to Merdare is in appalling conditions.... Nis to the start of the R7 motorway in Kosovo is a good 4 hours drive due to poor road condition. Merdare to the border with Albania takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #3989
omnipotent

Likes (Received): 139

Why would Serbs drive to Albania through Podgorica instead of Kosovo?! It doesn't make any sense!
Anyway, Nis-Prishtina is not 4, but rather a 2 hour drive (assuming there isn't heavy traffic at the Merdare border point). It is a 1X1, only 120km distance with av speed of 70km/h.

My best timing is Prishtina-Horgosh (5.5hrs), and Pristina-Vienna 10hrs :-D

However, I wouldn't recommend this route to Albanians from Albania unless theyre using EU ID's or have a Serbian stamp from a non-Kosovo border point. Iv witnessed many cases where they were denied entry to Serbia claiming they're entering 'illegally'.
omnipotent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #3990
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnipotent View Post
My best timing is Prishtina-Horgosh (5.5hrs), and Pristina-Vienna 10hrs :-D

However, I wouldn't recommend this route to Albanians from Albania unless theyre using EU ID's or have a Serbian stamp from a non-Kosovo border point. Iv witnessed many cases where they were denied entry to Serbia claiming they're entering 'illegally'.
I suppose it is not too bad if you travel to Serbia, Hungary or Austria. If you want to travel from Priština to Dalmatia, you will have to take the road through Albania and Montenegro, or just Montenegro.

When I was in Priština this year, it took me 13 hours of straight driving to reach Zadar (Priština-Prizren-Kukes-Albanian A1-Shkoder-Bar-Budva-Kotor-Herceg Novi-Dubrovnik-Neum-Vrgorac-Croatian A1-Zadar). Terrible never-ending drive.

Priština-Shkoder took around 4 1/2 hours
Shkoder-Kotor a little over 3 hours
Kotor-Zaton Doli/Neum border around 3 hours
Croatian border police at Zaton Doli (upon entering BiH!) screwed us for no reason for like an hour, I suppose because of the Kosovo and Albania stamps in the passport
Zaton Doli/Neum-Zadar around 2h45min

Interestingly enough, it was no problem to get through Albania, except for some really big potholes, but Montenegro took forever due to curvy roads, ridiculous speed limits at some points and partly bad road conditions (especially Sukobin/Muriqan border to Bar).
Old December 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #3991
2mars1444
BANNED

Quote:
No way I would go via Podgorica, it won't be easy to drive 15 hours mostly on mountanious 1+1 roads. Best way is via Pristina, only heavy sections are Nis-Merdare and SH8.
Btw, feel free to use capital "S"
Serbian citizens with serbian car plates which enter in ALB are recorded as mostly from MNE border.

'S' for what?.Serbs?
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #3992
2mars1444
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post

Priština-Shkoder took around 4 1/2 hours
Shkoder-Kotor a little over 3 hours
Kotor-Zaton Doli/Neum border around 3 hours
I don't know for Shkodėr-Kotorr but Prishtinė-Shkodėr no way near at 5h as you say.

Quote:
Interestingly enough, it was no problem to get through Albania, except for some really big potholes
Which parts were bad?
Quote:
but Montenegro took forever due to curvy roads, ridiculous speed limits at some points and partly bad road conditions (especially Sukobin/Muriqan border to Bar).
Montenegro doesn't have roads tbh.
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #3993
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Montenegrin roads have been greatly improved in the aspects of safety... They have now built quite a few tunnels which greatly reduces travel time. They have about 5500km of paved highways... How can you say they have no roads? Their terrain is rough with a small economy and population.... You cannot expect motorways throughout Montenegro.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #3994
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
I don't know for Shkodėr-Kotorr but Prishtinė-Shkodėr no way near at 5h as you say.
Well, the border crossing took quite some time and there was a big traffic jam / chaos at the roundabout at Milot (where SH30 branches off SH1) which at that time (April 2013) was unpaved with huge potholes, so cars coming from all directions brought this thing to a standstill. I suppose without the border RKS/ALB and that construction site I could have made it in 4 hours without problems.

I was impressed how well A1 looks for the most part. I do feel that R7 in Kosovo has a better standard.

Regarding Shkoder-Kotor: This was also because of a short delay at the border Sukobin/Muriqan and construction behind the border in Montenegro.

The road conditions - well, there are dark, unlit tunnels north of Budva, the road from Sukobin border to Bar was in terrible shape, and there were some bad stretches. On the whole, it was not too bad. The thing is, if you drive through MNE at night, it feels less comfortable than during the day. Not intending to offend anyone, I know that MNE lacks money for better roads and don't blame them, just noticed how the situation looks like.
Old December 18th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #3995
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Lin - Pogradec isn't finished yet, in fact the road conditions seems to be very bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7P_UppHk88
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #3996
niskogradnja
Used Register

Likes (Received): 627

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowIntheSun View Post
Part of A1 , Rreshen/Kalimash .

Length of tunnel 6 km
At the begining of the video there is a shop beside the hard shoulder. Few meters ahead a person s rearranging stuff in the car trunk? Why do you Albanians love such chaotic situations?

Branko Ćopić (1915 – 1984)
niskogradnja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2014, 10:49 PM   #3997
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

When will the uc sections of the A3 be finished?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #3998
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Originally Posted by niskogradnja View Post
Why do you Albanians love such chaotic situations?
Don't you think that this claim of yours is to brave, claiming such a thing for one whole nation?
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #3999
helloween 1

Likes (Received): 1855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
When will the uc sections of the A3 be finished?
The deadline is june of this year...so less than 6 months
helloween 1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #4000
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Which motorways or expressways are currently u/c in Albania?

A3: Tirana – Elbasan 12 31.2km (April 2011 to June 2014) – ? – map
SH4: Mbrostar Ura – Levan 1 22km (2013 to ?) – ? – map

As far as I know the u/c Fier bypass will feature 2 lanes only but it is planned to add a 2nd carriageway and sign it A2 in (remote) future, isn't it?
When will the 1st carriageway be completed?

Kumanovari liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane