daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #4061
grykaerugoves
In the brig
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 638
Likes (Received): 172

Completely unrelated and unnecessary.
grykaerugoves está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2014, 05:35 PM   #4062
Dukljanka
Montenegrina
 
Dukljanka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Podgorica
Posts: 1,605
Likes (Received): 3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo land View Post
Best route to take is the one you just mention last struge-librazhd- elbasan- tirane- than shkoder-Podgorica Albanian side will is about 5-6 hours drive generally good road condition,
The other route is way to bad condition and will take you longer even the distance is much shorter my opinion anyway.
Please, tell me the best road from Podgorica to Igoumenitsa.
Dukljanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 07:22 PM   #4063
pepes1gr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arta
Posts: 25
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukljanka View Post
Please, tell me the best road from Podgorica to Igoumenitsa.
I think the most beautiful route is Podgorica-Vore-Vlore-Himare-sarande-Igoymenitsa.
The most convenient route for me is Podgorica-Tirana-Elbassan-Pogradec-Kastoria-Igoumenitsa because Egnatia road.260Km in autostrada.
__________________

Dukljanka liked this post
pepes1gr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 07:29 PM   #4064
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,260
Likes (Received): 18313

Something from my travels through Albania, road Pogradec-Tushemisht is very bad, it's in renovation, has no asphalt. I think it will be great after they finish
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:28 PM   #4065
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Something from my travels through Albania, road Pogradec-Tushemisht is very bad, it's in renovation, has no asphalt. I think it will be great after they finish
So all in all , how was your experience in albania ? Just out of curiosity , i remember that you were a bit stressed with passing so many countries in a single trip , so thought to ask . Any photos ?


Last edited by instantmalbin; June 3rd, 2014 at 08:44 PM.
instantmalbin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 09:38 PM   #4066
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukljanka View Post
Please, tell me the best road from Podgorica to Igoumenitsa.
What do you mean with "best"? The fastest one or the most beautiful one?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:22 PM   #4067
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,260
Likes (Received): 18313

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantmalbin View Post
So all in all , how was your experience in albania ? Just out of curiosity , i remember that you were a bit stressed with passing so many countries in a single trip , so thought to ask . Any photos ?

The experience was really great.

The driving in Albania is very chaotic compared to the other places I have been so far. For me, it was a little stressful, especially in Tirana at the big roundabout where cars were coming from everywhere and I had some difficulties exiting it from the left lane (lane just as a word, because nobody cared about those lines ).
Funny story was before I got to enter the roundabout, there was a police officer that directed the traffic. As he stopped the cars from one way and went to wave others through, people from the stopped part started driving inside. He nervously waved them back, some simply ignored him . Then drivers from other places started driving in, the policeman was a full package of nerves, but in the end he gave up and started chatting with someone, and then the chaos began

But outside of cities, it was ok, I liked that the lanes were wide and I felt comfortable on them.

We were stopped once by the police somewhere between Elbasan and Pogradec. First I thought I will get a ticket because I was overspeeding a little (like almost everybody else ). But they only asked for our documents, and when they saw we are Romanian, he asked me if "Parlare Italiano?". I answered "Un pocco", then he asked where I am driving to, I said Ohrid. Then he wished us "Bona giornata" and that was it.

I also have pictures, and I will post them, but I'm still in Romania now, and the computer I am on is slow, and I still have to sort the pictures out.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:31 PM   #4068
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1894

Thank you for taking time to reply then . Wish you a safe and enjoyable rest of the trip , and when you get some time after , dont forget to post some pics . Regards ,
__________________

cinxxx liked this post
instantmalbin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #4069
Dukljanka
Montenegrina
 
Dukljanka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Podgorica
Posts: 1,605
Likes (Received): 3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepes1gr View Post
I think the most beautiful route is Podgorica-Vore-Vlore-Himare-sarande-Igoymenitsa.
The most convenient route for me is Podgorica-Tirana-Elbassan-Pogradec-Kastoria-Igoumenitsa because Egnatia road.260Km in autostrada.
Thank you very much.
[IMG]http://oi60.************/r0pcnk.jpg[/IMG]
__________________

pepes1gr liked this post
Dukljanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #4070
Dukljanka
Montenegrina
 
Dukljanka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Podgorica
Posts: 1,605
Likes (Received): 3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
The experience was really great.

The driving in Albania is very chaotic compared to the other places I have been so far. For me, it was a little stressful, especially in Tirana at the big roundabout where cars were coming from everywhere and I had some difficulties exiting it from the left lane (lane just as a word, because nobody cared about those lines ).
Funny story was before I got to enter the roundabout, there was a police officer that directed the traffic. As he stopped the cars from one way and went to wave others through, people from the stopped part started driving inside. He nervously waved them back, some simply ignored him . Then drivers from other places started driving in, the policeman was a full package of nerves, but in the end he gave up and started chatting with someone, and then the chaos began

But outside of cities, it was ok, I liked that the lanes were wide and I felt comfortable on them.

We were stopped once by the police somewhere between Elbasan and Pogradec. First I thought I will get a ticket because I was overspeeding a little (like almost everybody else ). But they only asked for our documents, and when they saw we are Romanian, he asked me if "Parlare Italiano?". I answered "Un pocco", then he asked where I am driving to, I said Ohrid. Then he wished us "Bona giornata" and that was it.

I also have pictures, and I will post them, but I'm still in Romania now, and the computer I am on is slow, and I still have to sort the pictures out.
Go to Napoli, Campania. The same.

@stickedy, the best means the least dangerous road.
Dukljanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #4071
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Really dangerous are none of the three possibilities (coast, middle or north), there are just differences in road quality and distance.

Because you want to reach Igoumenitsa, I would suggest these three possibilities:
1. https://goo.gl/maps/pz4Pt
2. https://goo.gl/maps/02bwB
3. https://goo.gl/maps/rluwo

I would choose the middle or coast possibility because you want to go Igoumenitsa, so Kastoria is a bit to far away in the north. That would be the route for Thessaloniki, Larissa, Trikala or Lamia.

And forget that 5:48 h of your Google Maps route: There are construction works between Tirana and Elbasan (the motorway isn't finished yet) and around lake Ohrid. And you have to go through Tirana. So 7 to 8 hours will be more realistic for reaching Kastoria.

In version 1 and 2 there are only construction works just before Tepelena and on version 3 there aren't any big things.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #4072
tasosGR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: IOANNINA.GREECE
Posts: 46
Likes (Received): 14

he is right!the best choise is the 3rd.no construction works!
tasosGR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 07:40 AM   #4073
pepes1gr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arta
Posts: 25
Likes (Received): 1

We have some updated information on road conditions Tepelene-Memaliaj. Is still uc.
pepes1gr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #4074
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Sadly that's not really a surprise (as well as Lim-Pogradec) How bad is the road condition?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #4075
tasosGR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: IOANNINA.GREECE
Posts: 46
Likes (Received): 14

i am going to travel from Ioannina to Sarajevo next month by motorbike and i am interested to have some information on the condition of this part.
tasosGR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 11:19 AM   #4076
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1894

Tirana to Durres expressway

__________________

Dukljanka liked this post
instantmalbin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #4077
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1894

Lin Pogradec will be completed in 8 months from now due to re concept of project

The project was upgraded compared to the original one . A promenade and bicycle lane has been added as well , so the works will need some more time .



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanPOLIMI View Post
instantmalbin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #4078
Dukljanka
Montenegrina
 
Dukljanka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Podgorica
Posts: 1,605
Likes (Received): 3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Really dangerous are none of the three possibilities (coast, middle or north), there are just differences in road quality and distance.

Because you want to reach Igoumenitsa, I would suggest these three possibilities:
1. https://goo.gl/maps/pz4Pt
2. https://goo.gl/maps/02bwB
3. https://goo.gl/maps/rluwo

I would choose the middle or coast possibility because you want to go Igoumenitsa, so Kastoria is a bit to far away in the north. That would be the route for Thessaloniki, Larissa, Trikala or Lamia.

And forget that 5:48 h of your Google Maps route: There are construction works between Tirana and Elbasan (the motorway isn't finished yet) and around lake Ohrid. And you have to go through Tirana. So 7 to 8 hours will be more realistic for reaching Kastoria.

In version 1 and 2 there are only construction works just before Tepelena and on version 3 there aren't any big things.
I.ve changed my plans (because I'm only a woman ) and we will go to Lefkada not to Corfu.
Google maps suggests this road:


Thank you people, you are great.


3. https://goo.gl/maps/rluwo - Is this road dangerous?

Vlorė - Sarandė, Albania Oh, my God, I feel dizzy.

Last edited by Dukljanka; October 15th, 2015 at 05:33 PM.
Dukljanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #4079
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukljanka View Post
I.ve changed my plans (because I'm only a woman ) and we will go to Lefkada not to Corfu.
Google maps suggests this road:
[IMG]http://oi62.************/6sw1z9.jpg[/IMG]
That route is perfect!

One thing to consider, the tunnel in Preveza costs some money (not sure how much), if you want to avoid that, you can drive around Ambracian Gulf: https://goo.gl/maps/uaikT

I'm not sure if it's worth the detour.


Quote:
3. https://goo.gl/maps/rluwo - Is this road dangerous?
It's not dangerous at all, but it's very curvy between Vlora and Saranda like a typical coastal road as you can see on the video. It's a bit comparable to the Jadranska Magistrala in Montenegro, but more curves and steeper grades. But it's very beautiful! Between Saranda and Igoumenitsa (and vice versa), it's sometimes hard to find the right road because signing isn't the favourite thing of Albanians and Greeks

If you want to drive fast and safe, choose the other option you made that screenshot of. Perhaps the costal road it's an alternative for your back journey?
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #4080
pepes1gr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arta
Posts: 25
Likes (Received): 1

the tunnel in Preveza costs 3 euro for the cars and 0.70 euro for the motorbikes.

A few days ago started working google street view for Greece.

The tunnel
https://www.google.gr/maps/@38.94897...BJkQ!2e0?hl=el
pepes1gr no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium