daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #401
Treasure

Likes (Received): 0

is that towards Tuzi or Ulqin?
Treasure no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #402
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Does this mean that there is a (regular) trainconnection between Albania and Montenegro?
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #403
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
is that towards Tuzi or Ulqin?
The road yes ...is toward Ulqin...but the train no...as far as i know ,we dont have yet an railway connection with MonteNegro.
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #404
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqiptario View Post
This is the road to Montenegro border..it is paved and is not too much bad at all.
Is“t it normal that a major road is paved, eh? A major road to a major destination msut not be unpaved. I have not seen realy good looking roads in Algania. The roads you“ve shown are way better than people would expect. But you say good roads, if you show me new roads they must look like new, new roads who last long look very impressive and I am not talking abou 4 laned highways. I am talking about the quality of them, I guess the markings will fade out after 1 year on most of the roads posted here. The asphalt is not dark and I guess it iwll not look very good after a year.
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #405
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Radi, can't you accept that Albania is just a developed country like Bulgaria is? Btw, I also have never seen good roads in Algania
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #406
Justme78783
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Is“t it normal that a major road is paved, eh? A major road to a major destination msut not be unpaved. I have not seen realy good looking roads in Algania. The roads you“ve shown are way better than people would expect. But you say good roads, if you show me new roads they must look like new, new roads who last long look very impressive and I am not talking abou 4 laned highways. I am talking about the quality of them, I guess the markings will fade out after 1 year on most of the roads posted here. The asphalt is not dark and I guess it iwll not look very good after a year.

I just notice some feeling of jealousy here ...! But listen to me i do not think that your country Bulgaria would invest 1,1 billion dollars in a road project .... !

And thats how much , this road costs ... ! Let me tell you that the quality in the new roads is simply excellent .... !

I ve been to those roads this summer and let me know smth more than you ... !

Albania is a huge construction zone , many projects are being built there , and you ll see that the results will be shown in about 5 years when you ll realize that albania is more advanced than many balkan countries ... !

In about 3-4 years experts say that albania will have all its roads by western standarts ...! And i strongly believe this ....
Justme78783 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #407
Justme78783
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

and no it is not normal because the albanian goverment will start the construction of a new road there ... so we d expect this road not to be in a good shape ...
Justme78783 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #408
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19408

Please do not turn this nice thread into a country vs country situation.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #409
lastsamurai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4176

Quote:
last time that i was in Bulgaria(it happen to go there often) ..u even didnt have at last paved roads.Those who were "paved" were dirty and this kind of roads are so typical for Bulgaria.such an shame for an country that is in EU.
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #410
lastsamurai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4176

@shqiptario

flm per kontributin tend ketu ,fotot jane vertet mbreslenese dhe shqiperia po ecen me hapa te shpejte.
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #411
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsamurai View Post
last time that i was in Bulgaria(it happen to go there often) ..u even didnt have at last paved roads.Those who were "paved" were dirty and this kind of roads are so typical for Bulgaria.such an shame for an country that is in EU.
maybe some shit villageroads are not paved, but all major roads are paved. What roads are dirty, quit being silly and talking bollox. Bulgaria nationalroads are in most cases in very good condition.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5018/67eufyefj7.jpg Do you think this road is of good quality, to me it doesn“t seem to be of good quality.

But really, Bulgaria is not the country you want to compare with, it is rather an example how not to construct roads and which types of asphalt better to avoid.
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #412
mati162c

del

Last edited by mati162c; October 18th, 2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: a
mati162c no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #413
Timon91
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsamurai View Post
@shqiptario

flm per kontributin tend ketu ,fotot jane vertet mbreslenese dhe shqiperia po ecen me hapa te shpejte.
Please keep it in English over here. We don't all speak Albanian
So another piece of translation over here. 'flm' looks like an abbreviation of falemderit, meaning thanks. Together with "per kontributin" this makes "Thanks for contributing....". Fotot means pics and shqiperia is Albania. 'hapa' means sth like open. That is as far as I get. So I would say that it means: "Thanks for sharing your pics of just opened motorways with us". Am I completely wrong?
Dude, I have to practise my Albanian. It's damn difficult
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #414
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqiptario View Post
The road yes ...is toward Ulqin...but the train no...as far as i know ,we dont have yet an railway connection with MonteNegro.
the road to ulqin is quite good indeed but i was reffering to the road from skoder to han i hotit and podgorica, which is really bad for an international road.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #415
radi6404

you have a lot of knowledge, Timon, you even know Albanian
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #416
Timon91
Error

Oh yeah, I'm smart
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #417
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Please keep it in English over here. We don't all speak Albanian
So another piece of translation over here. 'flm' looks like an abbreviation of falemderit, meaning thanks. Together with "per kontributin" this makes "Thanks for contributing....". Fotot means pics and shqiperia is Albania. 'hapa' means sth like open. That is as far as I get. So I would say that it means: "Thanks for sharing your pics of just opened motorways with us". Am I completely wrong?
Dude, I have to practise my Albanian. It's damn difficult
You're not completely wrong - you're actually quite close. Hapa can mean both "I opened [something]" or "Steps." In Albanian it's quite common to say that something is improving fast by saying "po perparon me hapa te shpejte..." - meaning, quite literally, "It's advancing with big steps..."
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 02:29 AM   #418
Albaneren
BANNED

Hey my name is Sulejman Qemali, and I am from Shkodra. Nice to meet you guys. Mirė dita. I have a question, when is the highway from Durrės to Morinė finished?
Albaneren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #419
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaneren View Post
Hey my name is Sulejman Qemali, and I am from Shkodra. Nice to meet you guys. Mirė dita. I have a question, when is the highway from Durrės to Morinė finished?
welcome to the forum

http://www.mpptt.gov.al/rruga.php
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #420
juli80

entry/exit fee

In response to Panda80, sorry it is late but is good enough for govt work, each of you guys should have paid 10$ to get in Albania and each gotten a coupon (i still have mine that i got at the airport a few years back). Now what border cops do is not give you a coupon so that they can pocket the money, that's why they let you in by paying 10$ for the entire car and yes that is corruption but it hurts Albania more than you. And yes there is an exit tax too.
Personally i think they should just have an exit tax everyone gladly will pay that to get out . Polish people always show up drunk so there is no way to get money from them anyway, as for Slovakia the govt is still trying to figure out if the country exists.
juli80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane