daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 1st, 2015, 04:09 PM   #4321
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave64 View Post
Can anyone tell me how much of the SH20 and SH21 has been resurfaced
I have seen photos on recent travel blogs showing new tarmac but not what part of the roads are covered
SH21 ist the road from Koplik to Theth. That road has asphalt from Koplik up to the the summit of the pass Qafa e Thorės. It was completely rebuild from Boge up to the summit last year and asphalting was finished in September. The rest from the summit to Theth is still unpaved and in bad condition.

As for SH20, I don't have as much valid informations since I haven't been there yet, but I read several things about it. The road should be finished from Han i Hotit to Tamara or least short before Timara. The rest of the road is still unpaved and afaik the are currently no ongoing construction works. Only a short part just before the border to Montenegro is paved again.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2015, 06:13 PM   #4322
dave64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
SH21 ist the road from Koplik to Theth. That road has asphalt from Koplik up to the the summit of the pass Qafa e Thorės. It was completely rebuild from Boge up to the summit last year and asphalting was finished in September. The rest from the summit to Theth is still unpaved and in bad condition.

As for SH20, I don't have as much valid informations since I haven't been there yet, but I read several things about it. The road should be finished from Han i Hotit to Tamara or least short before Timara. The rest of the road is still unpaved and afaik the are currently no ongoing construction works. Only a short part just before the border to Montenegro is paved again.
thanks that's very helpful
dave64 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 09:33 PM   #4323
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vladicin Han
Posts: 4,240
Likes (Received): 4063

SH4 Kakavia (GR/AL) - Gjirokastėr, Albania

__________________

instantmalbin, guranflorin liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 11:50 AM   #4324
Gubot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,465
Likes (Received): 2293

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantmalbin View Post
...that Albania is building the Arber Road , which is a 1 x 1 lane national road that includes the tallest bridge in the Balkans and two 2.6 km tunnels ( 1 for each lane )...
Could you, please, give more information about that bridge? Is the road built to be easily expandable to 2x2 in future?
Gubot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 12:45 PM   #4325
adik7swiony
AdikBlond
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chorzów
Posts: 72
Likes (Received): 30

Hello,
I need information on SH6 road from the exit of the A1 motorway to the village Ulez (piece SH46). Is it appropriate for a normal passenger car with no high suspended.

I would be grateful for the information.
adik7swiony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 01:41 PM   #4326
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik7swiony View Post
Hello,
I need information on SH6 road from the exit of the A1 motorway to the village Ulez (piece SH46). Is it appropriate for a normal passenger car with no high suspended.

I would be grateful for the information.
The SH6 is no problem, about the SH46 I have no information, but I found a photo which shows the road a bit: https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/53073856 Looks ok so far.
__________________

adik7swiony liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 01:49 PM   #4327
stickedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kronach
Posts: 762
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubot View Post
Could you, please, give more information about that bridge? Is the road built to be easily expandable to 2x2 in future?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXaB5HefCs

Beginning with 5:25 there are some informations about the road and its bridges.
__________________

instantmalbin, Gubot liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 04:34 PM   #4328
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1889

At 3:14 or so, you can see the tunnels as well
__________________

Gubot liked this post
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 04:41 PM   #4329
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubot View Post
Could you, please, give more information about that bridge? Is the road built to be easily expandable to 2x2 in future?
The bridge will have a height of 160 meters , as for its length i am not exactly sure yet .

For an in depth description of the road and its current status , do the see the video that stickedy did bring . Some small parts have finished already , but the remaining parts will be build by a chinese company with its own funds , and will get the money back by putting tolls .

The terrain that the road passes is extreme so it would cost a lot to get expanded to a 2x2 , however it is doable , and i guess that's why there is going to be one tunnel per direction - so that , in the future , depending on the traffic the road can be expanded-
__________________

Gubot liked this post
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #4330
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1889



Here is a video showing the terrain and a segment of the road of Arber which is under construction .
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 04:59 PM   #4331
Gubot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,465
Likes (Received): 2293

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantmalbin View Post
The bridge will have a height of 160 meters , as for its length i am not exactly sure yet .

For an in depth description of the road and its current status , do the see the video that stickedy did bring . Some small parts have finished already , but the remaining parts will be build by a chinese company with its own funds , and will get the money back by putting tolls .

The terrain that the road passes is extreme so it would cost a lot to get expanded to a 2x2 , however it is doable , and i guess that's why there is going to be one tunnel per direction - so that , in the future , depending on the traffic the road can be expanded-
Thank you very much. It will be a truly spectacular bridge and road.

Last edited by Gubot; February 8th, 2015 at 12:28 AM.
Gubot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:59 PM   #4332
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1889

From Tirana to Montenegro in 15 minutes

The whole route from Tirana to montenegro in just 15 minutes . The video is some months old so the works in the expressway of Tirane Durres had not started . All in all a great video showing more than 200 km of roads in just 15 minutes

__________________

helloween 1 liked this post
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #4333
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1889

Kakavia-Sarande-Ksamil-Sarande-Qeparo-Himare-Dhermi



From the Greek border to Saranda , then to Ksamil , and back to Saranda ... and then via the Albanian ' riviera'

P.S The best part is after the 8th minute or so and it gets progressively better as it goes towards the end , and a bit in the beginning showing the Kakavia-Gjirokaster national road
__________________

helloween 1, celevac liked this post

Last edited by instantmalbin; February 11th, 2015 at 01:16 PM.
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:59 PM   #4334
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1889

A3 motorway Tunnel

]
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:55 PM   #4335
instantmalbin
Registered User
 
instantmalbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,532
Likes (Received): 1889

Berat-Lushnje u/c



A finished segment from the Berat-Lushnje national road , which up until recently had been one of the worst roads in Albania . The whole segment is expected to finish before the summer of this year .

The quality of the video not so great , however it serves its purpose
__________________

Mad-Vampire-10, helloween 1 liked this post

Last edited by instantmalbin; February 11th, 2015 at 01:11 PM.
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 11:08 PM   #4336
kostas97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Athens
Posts: 502
Likes (Received): 102

Hello fellows,
I would like to know some more about the Arber highway.....is it under construction or is it postponed?
And how about its length??
How long is it going to be??

Please let me know
Thanks
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 08:43 AM   #4337
lastsamurai
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rome/Arbanon
Posts: 6,749
Likes (Received): 4176

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
Hello fellows,
I would like to know some more about the Arber highway.....is it under construction or is it postponed?
And how about its length??
How long is it going to be??

Please let me know
Thanks


Things changed a few months ago after a deal reached with a chinese bank(And the chinese are going to build it).The project of this road will be changed and not much related with the old one.The road in most part of it will expanded into 2*2 lanes.Atm,this is all we know.

'Arbėr-i 'highway or the Tiranė-Dibėr section toward fyromian border is 75 km long,it will short with 70 km the length of actual(old)road.

https://translate.google.com/transla...898&edit-text=
__________________

Mad-Vampire-10 liked this post
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 11:12 PM   #4338
kostas97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Athens
Posts: 502
Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsamurai View Post


Things changed a few months ago after a deal reached with a chinese bank(And the chinese are going to build it).The project of this road will be changed and not much related with the old one.The road in most part of it will expanded into 2*2 lanes.Atm,this is all we know.

'Arbėr-i 'highway or the Tiranė-Dibėr section toward fyromian border is 75 km long,it will short with 70 km the length of actual(old)road.

https://translate.google.com/transla...898&edit-text=
Allright then, thanks!
And 2 more questions:
1.Is there a scheduled completion date??
2.And is it built with motorway or expressway standards?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 02:06 PM   #4339
lastsamurai
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rome/Arbanon
Posts: 6,749
Likes (Received): 4176

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
Allright then, thanks!
And 2 more questions:
1.Is there a scheduled completion date??
2.And is it built with motorway or expressway standards?
They called it a motorway,no other specifications.The expansion of the road into a 4 lanes is sure,other details will be public maybe by first week of march.
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2015, 02:08 PM   #4340
lastsamurai
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rome/Arbanon
Posts: 6,749
Likes (Received): 4176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
[youtube]fTzu9uHS4Vg[youtube]
Posting 2-3 years old videos is useless.
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium