daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 20th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #4481
lastsamurai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4176

Quote:
Originally Posted by radko View Post
Hi, when was built motorway Tiranė - Durrės? year ?
Starting of year 2000.

Quote:
I“m interesting in history of roads. According to me albanian road development is better than Serbia, Bulgaria. It“s miracle like Greece, Croatia, Korea.
Dunno about the rest,but better than the greek one ofc.
Quote:
By the way, is China dealing with Albania yet? In the past (80s) I saw pics chinese buses, polish vans too. It“s weird.
Once upon a time yes after the break up with Soviet Union,but since 1990 country is oriented toward west.
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2015, 10:41 PM   #4482
lastsamurai
BANNED

Durrės-Plepa-Rrogozhinė

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsamurai View Post
I bera para nje jave.

Old November 16th, 2015, 10:52 PM   #4483
lastsamurai
BANNED

A part of Tiranė-Durrės @2.56

Llogara pass,Vlorė [email protected]

Gubot liked this post
Old November 16th, 2015, 11:02 PM   #4484
lastsamurai
BANNED

Rep of Albania&Rep of Kosova [email protected] 'Morinė'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi_H View Post
Fotot e mėposhtme pasqyrojnė pamje tė rrugės sė Doganės “Morinė” nė Kukės, e cila ka pak kohė qė ėshtė rikonstruktuar. Projekti konsistoi nė zgjerimin e rrugės hyrėse tė Doganės me gjatėsi 255ml; shtimin e tre korsive tė reja me 6 kalime, si dhe pėrmirėsimin e shtresave tė asfaltit nė pjesėn ekzistuese. Falė kėtij projekti tė zbatuar nga FSHZH me investim tė Qeverisė Shqiptare, lehtėsohet qarkullimi i mjeteve nė tė dy anėt e kufirit.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...78091152287276
Old November 16th, 2015, 11:04 PM   #4485
lastsamurai
BANNED

Works at the big bypass of Fier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky_222000 View Post

Festin liked this post
Old November 18th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #4486
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsamurai View Post
Rep of Albania&Rep of Kosova [email protected] 'Morinė'.
1st photo: What is the word in the upper half of the "Dogana" sign, and in what language?
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 12:14 AM   #4487
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
1st photo: What is the word in the upper half of the "Dogana" sign, and in what language?
That's "NDAL", it's Albanian and translates as "STOP"

Ulpiana, Festin liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 10:00 AM   #4488
grykaerugoves
In the brig

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
That's "NDAL", it's Albanian and translates as "STOP"
Is this your Albanian skills or you used google?

Btw.. I don't think that border should exist. Kosovo only needs 3 borders.
grykaerugoves no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 10:11 AM   #4489
stickedy

Nah, I was in Albania several times, wondered what this word means and my guide book told me (it was my guess, too) However, I think Google would manage it also
Old November 18th, 2015, 11:55 PM   #4490
lastsamurai
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
It's in marsian.
Old November 30th, 2015, 07:46 PM   #4491
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

This is news, even though lacks many basic information..

Quote:
China Pacific Construction signs $1.7 bln Montenegro-Albania highway deal

BEIJING Nov 26
China Pacific Construction Group (CPCG), the country's largest private builder by revenue, signed an 11 billion yuan ($1.72 billion) deal to build an expressway between Montenegro and Albania, the company said on Thursday.

Construction of the 280 kilometre link will begin in the second half of 2016 and complete in 2018, chairman Yan Jiehe told reporters at a briefing in Beijing.

The firm plans to use toll rights as collateral for the project, Yan said. Financing has yet to be finalised, he said.

CPCG's foray into Europe follows Beijing's encouragement of domestic firms to look overseas for business opportunities, the so-called "go out" policy.

The highway deal comes a day after a consortium led by China Railway Group (CRG) said it had been awarded a 10 billion yuan ($1.57 billion) contract to build the Hungarian section of a railway linking Budapest with Belgrade in Serbia, China's first high-speed rail win in the European Union.

Premier Li Keqiang said at a summit with central and eastern European leaders in the eastern Chinese city of Suzhou on Tuesday that China was willing to provide more flexible funding conditions to those countries to upgrade their infrastructure as long as they used Chinese equipment and products. ($1 = 6.3895 Chinese yuan renminbi) (Reporting by Winni Zhou and Nick Heath. Editing by Jane Merriman)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...13L3Q720151126

Kumanovari liked this post
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 11:52 PM   #4492
Ulpiana

Regarding this news, Albanian Media is reporting as well.

Quote:
The Chinese build highway
Montenegro and Albania, begins in July '16

"China Pacific Construction Group", the Chinese company building the largest by revenue, signed a deal worth 1.72 billion dollars for the construction of a highway between Montenegro and Albania, the company announced on Thursday itself.

The construction of this link 280 kilometers will begin in the second half of 2016 and end in 2018, President Yan Jiehe before reporters at a press conference in Beijing.

The firm plans to use as collateral road fees for this project, - See more at: https://translate.googleusercontent.....KO2xJ3SI.dpuf
https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Google Translated
Old December 1st, 2015, 12:00 AM   #4493
stickedy

Any ideas or speculation about the route? 280 km are quite a lot...
Old December 1st, 2015, 12:17 AM   #4494
Ulpiana

Not a single info.

I guess that the Milot - Shkoder - Hani i Hotit will be upgraded to motorway standards (as Milot - Thumane).

Further to the South, Tiranė - Elbasan motorway should be extended to Berat, Tepelenė, Gjirokaster, towards Greek Border - so called "South Axis".

From Thumane to Tirana there are two options so far.
- First one is the existing highway to be upgrade to motorway standard, and in Tirana to be conencted in the Tirana External Ring Road.
- Second option is from Thumane to Tirana South to be build a completely new motorway, in the new route.
Old December 1st, 2015, 12:48 AM   #4495
stickedy

They are speaking of expressway not motorway. Therefore I'm not sure they are speaking of Adriatic-Ionian motorway but rather a coastal expressway in Montenegro (would also make more sense for Montenegro right now).

Therefore I think that not Han i Hotit is the endpoint in Albania but Muriquan (extension to Bar in Monetegro an further to Herzeg Novi). Shkodra - Milot with bypass of Lezhe is also my guess.

Maybe they are including feeder roads in the 280 km?
Old December 1st, 2015, 01:02 AM   #4496
Ulpiana

Well, in the text is said:
Quote:
The firm plans to use toll rights as collateral for the project, Yan said. Financing has yet to be finalized, he said.
Planned tolls made me think that this project is about motorway.

Anyway, there is another project in Albania, so called "Blue Corridor" which would go along the coastal line. It is projected to be 350 km long. Route should be Velipojė-Shėngjin, Shėngjin-Patok, Patok-Durrės, Durrės-Divjakė, Divjakė-Seman, Seman-Vlorė, Vlorė-Dhėrmi, Dhėrmi-Sarandė, Sarandė-Butrint.

Obviously, we will have to wait for more info in the next days.
Old December 1st, 2015, 01:43 AM   #4497
stickedy

Maybe it's the part to Durres then? Herceg Novi - Durres along the sea could be about 280 km. It would be a tourist road and then the tolls would made sense.

But yeah, let's wait for further informations
Old December 1st, 2015, 10:48 AM   #4498
lastsamurai
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpiana View Post
Not a single info.

I guess that the Milot - Shkoder - Hani i Hotit will be upgraded to motorway standards (as Milot - Thumane).

Further to the South, Tiranė - Elbasan motorway should be extended to Berat, Tepelenė, Gjirokaster, towards Greek Border - so called "South Axis".

From Thumane to Tirana there are two options so far.
- First one is the existing highway to be upgrade to motorway standard, and in Tirana to be conencted in the Tirana External Ring Road.
- Second option is from Thumane to Tirana South to be build a completely new motorway, in the new route.
+1
Old December 1st, 2015, 02:58 PM   #4499
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
They are speaking of expressway not motorway. Therefore I'm not sure they are speaking of Adriatic-Ionian motorway but rather a coastal expressway in Montenegro (would also make more sense for Montenegro right now).

Therefore I think that not Han i Hotit is the endpoint in Albania but Muriquan (extension to Bar in Monetegro an further to Herzeg Novi). Shkodra - Milot with bypass of Lezhe is also my guess.

Maybe they are including feeder roads in the 280 km?
It's a Chinese contractor that builds the road, and motorways are called 'expressways' in China (and much of Asia for that matter). The 280 km length could include the entire route in both Montenegro and Albania?

Anyhow, details are fairly scarce on this project. It's a huge investment for these countries.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 11:07 PM   #4500
stickedy

Ah, okay, I didn't know that.

From Nudo in Montenegro (border to BiH) to Milot in Albania it would be about 160 to 180 km. Maybe that's the first part.

From there you have a motorway more or less till Fier. From Fier to the Greek border at Kakavia there is a good road, nearly expressway. That stretch is about 120 km. But that road was just finished last year and traffic is too low for an upgrade to motorway (and it would be difficult). And building a new motorway there would be waste of money in my opinion.

But maybe the second part would be Elbasan-Berat-Tepelene. That part is long planned and it's about 100 km. It's a missing link in Albania.

That would make sense and both parts would be about 280 km together.

But there's something: Adriatic-Ionian motorway in Montenegro make no real sense west of Podgorica. Without the part in BiH, there is no proper connection. Okay, you have the new road Risan-Zabljak there as a connector, but I doubt traffic would justify a motorway in the middle of nowhere

Seagull liked this post

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane