daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 2nd, 2015, 10:45 AM   #4501
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

This is posted in the website of Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport of Republic of Albania

Quote:
China: Minister Haxhinasto signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the possibility of building Corridor Blue

Suzhou, China

Memorandum of Cooperation was signed between Albania, Montenegro and Chinese Private Company Pacific, for the possibility of building the Adriatic-Ionian Corridor.

For the Albanian side present was Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Edmond Haxhinasto who signed the agreement, together with Montenegrin counterpart Ivan Brajovic and President of the Pacific, Yan Jiehe.

The agreement was signed in the presence of Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama.

Minister Edmond Haxhinasto also signed another Memorandum of Cooperation with the President of the Company "Pacific", known in the field of construction, the possibility of developing road segments Thumanė - Peza - Mullet and Peza - Dushk.
http://www.transporti.gov.al/al/news...korridorit-blu

Google translated.

lastsamurai, Kumanovari, Seagull liked this post
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:24 PM   #4502
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Ah, okay, I didn't know that.

From Nudo in Montenegro (border to BiH) to Milot in Albania it would be about 160 to 180 km. Maybe that's the first part.

From there you have a motorway more or less till Fier. From Fier to the Greek border at Kakavia there is a good road, nearly expressway. That stretch is about 120 km. But that road was just finished last year and traffic is too low for an upgrade to motorway (and it would be difficult). And building a new motorway there would be waste of money in my opinion.

But maybe the second part would be Elbasan-Berat-Tepelene. That part is long planned and it's about 100 km. It's a missing link in Albania.

That would make sense and both parts would be about 280 km together.

But there's something: Adriatic-Ionian motorway in Montenegro make no real sense west of Podgorica. Without the part in BiH, there is no proper connection. Okay, you have the new road Risan-Zabljak there as a connector, but I doubt traffic would justify a motorway in the middle of nowhere
What about connection with A1 in Croatia? That will make sense after all. Unfortunately few odds in Montenegro for the project, but I think sooner will come Croatia then BiH to border of MNE. Anyway no sooner than 2025

Seagull liked this post
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 08:41 PM   #4503
Ulpiana

It seems that we will have disagrees between Albania and Montenegro about the Adriatic-Ionian motorway route.

According to this article, in Brussels in April 2015, Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama and Montenegrin President Djukanovic have agreed that the route of Adriatic-Ionian motorway will pass by Ulcinj and enter in Albania at Velipoje, to continue in Albania by the coastline.

Now, we have news that Rama and Djukanovic have had conflict in Beijing regarding the route, if the route should go by Ulcinj, and to enter in Albania at Velipoje, or to go by Podgorica and to enter in Albania at Hani i Hotit.

Quote:
"Blue Corridor" Rama crashes in Beijing with Djukanovic for the sake of Ulcinj

Highways Montenegro Albania "Blue Corridor" Rama crashes in Beijing with Djukanovic for the sake of Ulcinj. Blue Corridor is the road to be built next year and will connect Croatia with Greece, passing by Montenegro and Albania. During the summit that was held two days ago in China, the Beijing government agreed to fund a feasibility study by a Chinese company, to provide then all the big construction tender.

But even after the signing of the Memorandum between Albania, Montenegro and the Chinese company "Pacific", they have launched the clash between the governments of Albania and Montenegro for determining the points where the highway will pass. Montenegrin Government requires Blue Corridor pass through the current axis Podgorica highway, which leads the way to Han Hoti passing from the Highland Kingdom.

But Rama has opposed this route, insisting over from Ulcinj. As taught Rama said that it is not nationalism but no way justified the coastal corridor, after passing from the shoreline, Ulcinj-Velipojė then Shėngjin-Patok and so on. While version of Podgorica makes mountain highway.

This detail is important because it will be decided now by Chinese Kopania "Pacific" which will make a feasibility study.
This battle is taking place between the governments of Albania and Montenegro is very important for the city of Ulcinj, which is left in the pocket all of its highway connecting with the Dalmatian coast of the Adriatic Ulcinj and Bojana river spill.

Podgorica intends not to transfer to Ulcinj road is expected to pour in the Albanian city a large number of tourists who flock now only in Budva, while providing big city Montenegrin staggering figure profits from the tourism industry. Until now there has been no mobilization on this issue by the Albanian political parties in Montenegro, especially those of Ulcinj because they are caught up in the clash between himself and quarreling for the elevator to the castle.
https://translate.google.com/?hl=en#...n%C3%AB%20kala.

Google translated
Old December 5th, 2015, 12:35 AM   #4504
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Hmm... The original plan was Podgorica - Han i Hotit i Montenegro, see https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._motorways.JPG and http://www.mek.gov.me/files/1216637502.pdf (page 161 and 149). It's a lot easier terrain in Montenegro on that route for a motorway.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2015, 12:57 PM   #4505
Ulpiana

Yes. That's true.

But/but, we have that info from that Ulcinj's (town in Montenegro) News Portal, that Prime Minister of Albania and President of Montenegro agreed motorway to pass by Ulcinj. But, both of them are politicians, and politicians are keen in changing their plans.

In the other hand, we also know that Montenegro has planed to build a motorway in the route Bosna border from Trebinje - Niksic - Podgorica - Hani i Hotit (Albania border from Shkodra).

Also, we all know that Montenegro has planned to build an expressway 2X2 along the coastal line, passing by all the seaside towns in Montenegro.

Now, supposing that the Chinese Company or some Chinese bank is ready to pay all the cost for the motorway and in back to collect road tolls, Chinese might be interested to build motorway by the seaside. This way the motorway would collect all the traffic of Adriatic - Ionian motorway, as well as the local traffic between the Montenegrin seaside towns (which has pretty high AADT, especially during the summer).

If the motorway is going to be build by the seaside, then Montenegro would not have to spend more money on motorways, besides the Bar - Boljare. Unless they are planning to connect Podgorica with Sarajevo.
Old December 5th, 2015, 03:36 PM   #4506
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Surely the most common sense route is to build the motorway by the seaside? An inland route wouldn't do much to change the terribly slow going coastal route, nor would it be particularly well used.

I'm pretty sure that for instance, a bypass of Herceg-Novi could easily take 2 Euro/car to avoid the long, long drive through. Add in another 4 (or whatever the current ferry price is) Euro for Most Verige and another 2 for the run to Tivat, and you've got a high summer toll that should also attract a considerable amount of drivers. People would pay 8 Euro to be able to get to Kotor/Tivat without problems, and another 4 Euro for the relatively easy (terrain wise) run to Budva also wouldn't bother most tourists.

Beyond Budva is the question mark - I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay tolls to get from Buda to Ulcinj and beyond.

Still, right now for Montenegro, I'd say that the most important thing is to try and get some bypasses in place. Budva needs one badly - a 2x2 bypass as far as Sveti Stefan would be the best place to start.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2015, 07:34 PM   #4507
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

...interesting presentation...
...Montenegro and Albania are united in one state ???
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #4508
stickedy

It's very difficult to build a coastal motorway in Montenegro. It's not only the mountainous terrain and the various settlements but also aspects of landscape protection. Not to speak about the costs for all those needed tunnels and bridges.

Croatia decided against a coastal motorway because of these matters, so it won't be a good idea for Montenegro.
Old December 25th, 2015, 07:28 PM   #4509
InterestingStuff

Likes (Received): 1

[AL] Albania | road infrastructure • Rrugėt dhe Autoudhat shqiptare

Any info on the Tirana - Elbasan motorway? Also is there a current motorway planned to go from Tirana to Vlore or Saranda?

roaddor liked this post
InterestingStuff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 07:04 PM   #4510
piotr71

As far as I know, SH20 road is going to be hard paved all the way to Montengro's border, this year. Do you know, when exact completion date is set up?
Old February 8th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #4511
stickedy

Afaik works haven't started yet for the remaining sections. So completing the road this year is impossible.

If I remeber correct, there were some basic works already done last year from Tamara in direction of Selce. But the whole part from Selce to the border is in the state as last years. And it's still not clear if all works are really starting this year. I guess it won't be finished as soon as 2018.
Old February 8th, 2016, 07:41 PM   #4512
piotr71

Thanks. Anyway, border crossing on its end is in operation, isn't it? And SH 20 from Tamare is passable for non 4x4 vehicles, even it is quite demanding, am I right?
Old February 8th, 2016, 07:47 PM   #4513
stickedy

Yes, the border crossing is in operation at least for 10 years. No problem there. However, I'm not sure if it's open 24 hours, but there's no problem during daylight.

I didn't drove there yet (I'm planning it for this year), but everything I saw about the road, it's unpaved but rather good. So it's okay to drive with a normal car. But it shouldn't be a lowered one

But with every unpaved road, conditions could change if it's raining.

piotr71 liked this post
Old April 1st, 2016, 05:11 PM   #4514
tdejan

Likes (Received): 3

Hi all

checked the albanian language forum but there is no news: any updates on the Fier bypass?
Will at least 1 track be opened during the summer holidays?

thanks
tdejan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 10:06 PM   #4515
helloween 1

Likes (Received): 1855

Rrogozhine bypass

http://www.citynews.al/2016/05/fotot...batuar-nga-2t/

ChrisZwolle, Festin, Luki_SL, Seagull liked this post
helloween 1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2016, 02:37 AM   #4516
helloween 1

Panoramic rural road in southern Albania

AlexisMD liked this post
Old May 25th, 2016, 01:12 PM   #4517
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1564

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloween 1 View Post
Panoramic rural road in southern Albania
isn't that SH71?
BL2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:02 PM   #4518
helloween 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
isn't that SH71?
Yes,you are right. It is the SH 71 but i said rural as there are only a few villages along that route with just a few hundred inhabitants. The reason it is being upgraded is the new Hydropower plant being built in Moglice.
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:04 AM   #4519
helloween 1

Mountain road in Kruje, central Albania

Old May 28th, 2016, 06:18 PM   #4520
instantmalbin

Likes (Received): 1894

Vlore - Llongara ( Albanian riviera )

-The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10)

-Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin ( Romans 3.20 )

AlexisMD, roaddor liked this post
instantmalbin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane