daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 1st, 2016, 04:08 PM   #4581
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Some news on A1 AKA Road of Nation:

Rruga Kombit me pagese
by Ulpi Ana, on Flickr

http://invest-in-albania.org/nations...ivers-pockets/

helloween 1, Festin, Kumanovari liked this post
Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2016, 08:58 PM   #4582
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpiana View Post
I gladly pay, if it helps to develop this country. I just fear the impact for the huge majority there with small pocket.

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

helloween 1 liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 01:44 AM   #4583
helloween 1

Likes (Received): 1855

SH 89

Arkona14, instantmalbin, belerophon liked this post
helloween 1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2016, 02:25 AM   #4584
belerophon

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloween 1 View Post
SH 89

I am just 3 weeks home from my trip to romania. But there it is again the old fever... the travel bug

Old December 30th, 2016, 11:36 AM   #4585
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A3: Tirana – Mushqeta ~17km (April 2011 to December 2016) – ? – map
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloween 1 View Post
The deadline for A3 is this december but i don`t think it`s realistic. The company is working really slow.
Any estimated opening date for the remaining A3 section?

When is Fier bypass expected to be opened?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:28 AM   #4586
SuCuki

Likes (Received): 1

I have a few questions about the highways in Albania (Excuse me because of my English, I use Google Translator):

A1: Is the section between Kalimash and Morine extended to a highway (build bridges between Kukes and Morine 4-lane, build bridge over the black Drin 4-lane, with green signs)? And if so, when?
When will the expressway between Rreshen and Milot be expanded 4-lane?
When is the motorway crossroad built at Milot? Is the part between Durres and Vore marked with the green signs? Is the part between Vore and Thumane 4-lane extended or even newly built?

A2: When is the bypass of Fier finished? Is then the continuation of the SH2 to Durres also graded to A2? And will there be a continuation of the A2 at Vore to Saranda or even to Greece?

A3: When is the part built between Bradashesh (Elbasan) and the Tirana East Gate? Is the bypass from Tirana still the A3? Are there specific plans for Tepelena, and will there be a continuation to Greece?

SH1: Is it also planned to expand the expressway 4-lane from Thumane to Tirana and from Milot to Shkodra or to Montenegro?

SH2: Is it also planned to expand the express road from Durres to Tirana with green signs?

SH4: Is also planned to expand the expressway 4-lane with green signs (because of the adriatic-ionic highway)?

North-east of the Tirana East Gate, a 4-lane road is being built. Anyone know what?

And are other motorways planned?

I know there are many questions, but I just want to know

Seagull liked this post
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 11:55 PM   #4587
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Any estimated opening date for the remaining A3 section?
June 2017.

Source (in Albanian)

Quote:
When is Fier bypass expected to be opened?
No news on this one. This is today's view:

MichiH, belerophon, Seagull liked this post
ntom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:06 AM   #4588
instantmalbin

Likes (Received): 1894

A3 update

Here are some relatively recent photos showing the progress of the remaining part of the A3 which is u/c .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado. View Post

The road in the left is Tirana's bypass which is also being expanded . Both will finish at the same time , and they will greatly reduce the travelling time due to the fact that it wont be needed to pass through the crazy traffic of Tirana .
-The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10)

-Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin ( Romans 3.20 )

Seagull liked this post
instantmalbin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:18 AM   #4589
instantmalbin

Tirana's bypass ( ring road ) update

This is the segment which is u/c , shown from above . A bad quality photo is better than no photo at all .

Alket Islami - FB

In retrospective it is pretty unbelievable that 20 years ago this part of Tirana had no builldings at all lol
-The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10)

-Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin ( Romans 3.20 )

arctic_carlos, Seagull liked this post
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:33 AM   #4590
instantmalbin

And here is the existing part of Tirana's bypass , driving towards Elbasan

[/QUOTE]

Seagull liked this post

Last edited by instantmalbin; January 3rd, 2017 at 05:21 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:01 AM   #4591
ntom

That's surely a lot of questions in one go, but I'll try to answer with what I know. Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I've said something incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCuki View Post
A1: Is the section between Kalimash and Morine extended to a highway (build bridges between Kukes and Morine 4-lane, build bridge over the black Drin 4-lane, with green signs)? And if so, when?
When will the expressway between Rreshen and Milot be expanded 4-lane?
When is the motorway crossroad built at Milot? Is the part between Durres and Vore marked with the green signs? Is the part between Vore and Thumane 4-lane extended or even newly built?
The Kalimash - Morine segment is signposted and has the characteristics of an expressway. There are a total of 7 bridges missing on the segment which should be built by the government and a new 4 lane bridge and some overpasses are to be built by the new concessionaire of A1 up to Fushe-Milot. No timeframe has been defined as of yet.

The government has to extend the segment Rreshen - Fushe-Milot. No timeframe has been defined yet.

I don't have any news on the Fushe-Milot overpass.

Durres - Vore (Tirana) is not part of A1 (not yet at least) although you will often hear in the news about the "Highway of the Nation" Durres - Tirane - Morine. It's actually the SH2 and it's an expressway signposted in blue.

Last question about A1. I think you mean Fushe-Milot - Thumane segment. And it's a widening of SH1 which has been turned to A1.

Quote:
A2: When is the bypass of Fier finished? Is then the continuation of the SH2 to Durres also graded to A2? And will there be a continuation of the A2 at Vore to Saranda or even to Greece?
No news on the Fier bypass.

A2 for now runs from Vlora to Mbrostar with the Fier bypass still under construction.

If the EU has some spare money, sure. There are discussions going on about the Adriatic-Ionian Highway. Until then, i doubt anything will go past Vlora.

Quote:
A3: When is the part built between Bradashesh (Elbasan) and the Tirana East Gate? Is the bypass from Tirana still the A3? Are there specific plans for Tepelena, and will there be a continuation to Greece?
June 2017.

The bypass will probably be incorporated in A3, at least until the ring road is complete.

I don't know what you mean with the last question but this section is a recently reconstructed road, so I don't expect new invesment in it.

Quote:
SH1: Is it also planned to expand the expressway 4-lane from Thumane to Tirana and from Milot to Shkodra or to Montenegro?
I don't know of any plans. I guess the logical thing to do is to widen it from Thumane to Fushe-Kruje and from Fushe-Kruje to Vore and incorporate it on A1 up to Durres. Then the segment from Vore and Tirana, and continuing to Elbasan, could be A3.

Quote:
SH2: Is it also planned to expand the express road from Durres to Tirana with green signs?
I don't know of any.

Quote:
SH4: Is also planned to expand the expressway 4-lane with green signs (because of the adriatic-ionic highway)?
If the Adriatic-Ionian Highway plans get anywhere, sure.

Quote:
North-east of the Tirana East Gate, a 4-lane road is being built. Anyone know what?
A local road, according to some local forumers. It may be a part of a future wider Tirana ring road.

Quote:
And are other motorways planned?
Albania surely needs a better highway network but I don't know of any near future plans to expand the current one.

Seagull liked this post

Last edited by ntom; January 18th, 2017 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Wrong fact about Rreshen - Fushe-Milot widening
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:42 AM   #4592
instantmalbin

These are the roads which will be (re)constructed during these next 3 years

Fushė-Krujė – Shkodėr (dublication into a motorway )
Rreshen - Milot ( duplication to motorway standards )
Building of Thumanė – Kashar/Vorė motorway
Building of the bypass of Tepelena
Building of the bypass of Lezha
Building of the bypass of Tirana

It has also been reportet that the Arber road will finally start completion in april of the next year , this being possible due to the investment of a private person .

Seagull liked this post

Last edited by instantmalbin; January 3rd, 2017 at 02:01 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:53 AM   #4593
ntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantmalbin View Post
Fushė-Krujė – Shkodėr (dublication into a motorway )

Building of Thumanė – Kashar/Vorė motorway
What's the source on these two?

Quote:
It has also been reportet that the Arber road will finally start completion in april of the next year , this being possible due to the investment of a private person .
Nice one .
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:58 AM   #4594
instantmalbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
What's the source on these two?
http://www.monitor.al/milionat-e-infrastruktures-2/

Quote:
Nice one .
http://lexo.al/ja-kur-fillojne-punim...gen-e-arberit/

Seagull liked this post
Old January 8th, 2017, 11:57 PM   #4595
belerophon

What about the finishing of the Skoder Bypass?

I suppose for Albanias national interest an better road from vlore through telepen to greece is more important than the route of adriatic-inonian-motorway (its southern part), because there are no big settlements and maybe no big ports, if i am not mistaken. Of course the transnational interest is not always the same. But without massive push from Eu i don't see, why Albania should spent money there. SH4 is flatter of course than coastal SH8.

Old January 9th, 2017, 12:07 AM   #4596
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Of course. The route of Adraitic-Ionian motorway is Fier-Tepelena-Gjirokaster-Kakavia-Ioannina

There's no need to get it close to the sea. Look at A1 in Croatia or the planned motorway in Montenegro. Also Greece builds the A5 mostly away from the sea.

Seagull liked this post
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 01:12 AM   #4597
belerophon

Well i did not yet see anything other than ideas. No final plan. Before there could be a plan how to build, in germany we have the discussion which route might be best. (Linienbestimmung). I did'nt hear anything more than political promises.

So of course the route mentioned seems logical. But there are more than a few cases, where not the logical route was taken.

Old January 9th, 2017, 01:17 AM   #4598
stickedy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriatic–Ionian_motorway
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriat...ische_Autobahn

Further, it's nearly impossible to build a motorway along the Albanian riviera. Of course, it's possible, but it would mainly consist of bridges and tunnels, the costs would be astronomic high. Without any benefit at all
Old January 9th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #4599
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5514

I am surprised to see that Albania is reluctant to build an expressway from Elbasan to Kafasan BCP, heading afterwards in the direction of Skopie. On the other hand, this road is to a big extent a constituent part of the major route towards Kristallopigi and Thessaloniki.
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 04:31 PM   #4600
stickedy

There's simply not enough traffic currently.

On the other hand, a new road from Qukės to Leshnicė as bypass of Lake Ohrid, Pogradec and Qafa Thane is being built (at least construction was started, I don't know the current state). That will shorten the route a lot and the rest of the roads are in good condition.

Seagull liked this post

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane