daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 7th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #4621
instantmalbin

Likes (Received): 1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
The first looks south to one of the two missing parts of Tirana/Elbasan-Motorway.

The second looks east, to something that might once be an eastern ring.
The videos are not made at the same place . The second video is showing the current progress of the eastern segment of the ring road , and he is located 5-6 kms away from the first video .

While in the first video , he is located in Tirana East Gate ( as you also noticed ) , where a roundabout exists connecting the western ring road , with the Tirane-Elbasan motorway.

The western part of the ring road is almost complete , and it will connect the Tirane-Elbasan motorway with the Tirane-Durres expressway
-The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10)

-Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin ( Romans 3.20 )
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:47 AM   #4622
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantmalbin View Post
The videos are not made at the same place . The second video is showing the current progress of the eastern segment of the ring road , and he is located 5-6 kms away from the first video .

While in the first video , he is located in Tirana East Gate ( as you also noticed ) , where a roundabout exists connecting the western ring road , with the Tirane-Elbasan motorway.

The western part of the ring road is almost complete , and it will connect the Tirane-Elbasan motorway with the Tirane-Durres expressway
Its hard to abtain useful information from albania. But the planning map i saw, did show the western ring road project ending in Sauk (I/C Tirane Quender).

But except for the roundabout at TEG you mentioned, there is no difference, the road is labeled E852 and A3 all the way. So that's why i told, that it's maybe an academic question.

In the west the mountain is the cause for the ring road to be so much inside of the city. In the east are more and higher mountains, but they are farer away. So it makes sense to start the eastern ring there.

A Roundabout is not such an good idea to connect this maybe most important motorways/expressways of Albania. How roundabouts could be one can see at Suare of Karl Topia and Eagle square (I Drove there ). The finished western ring road would maybe at least relieve the first.

Will the roundabout at TEG stay like it is?
If you have any documents about the western or eastern ring road, i would be happy.

I you think of a ring, it makes sense to think that the western and eastern segment meet at TEG, Even as they are very different. But thats just definition. If there is ans officioal definition its often hard to find it out. So if you have any information....

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #4623
instantmalbin

Likes (Received): 1893

I fail to see the reason of your confusion , because this matter is simple in nature . The Tirane- Elbasan motorway is connected to Tirana's ring road , which is u/c, of which the western part of the ring road is almost complete , and the eastern part of it ( relative to the Tirane-Elbasan motorway ) is u/c .

The first video is showing the Tirane-Elbasan motorway , and more specifically exactly where it ends .

While the second video is showing the eastern part of the ring road ( relative to the motorway ) .
-The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10)

-Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin ( Romans 3.20 )
instantmalbin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 07:56 PM   #4624
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
But except for the roundabout at TEG you mentioned, there is no difference, the road is labeled E852 and A3 all the way. So that's why i told, that it's maybe an academic question.
These are, I presume, the first E road signs in Albania? Albania, of course, not having any E Roads officially defined as running inside its borders (though the E851 has two border points).

Quite why it is E852, rather than E86 running all the way to Tirane and Durres, beats me - why have a more-important 2-digit road end on a 3-digit road that then goes to the nations' capital?

Personally, if I was Albania, I'd have the following as a start
E86: Durres - Tirane - Elbasan - Lin - Korce - Kristallopigi (Greece border): SH2-A3-SH3
E762: Hani I Hotit (Montenegro border) - Shkoder - Lac - Tirana: SH1
E851: Dodaj (Montenegro border) - Shkoder - Lac - Vermice (Kosovo border): SH41-SH1-A1-SH5
E852: Kjafasan (Macedonia border) - Lin: SH9
E853: Durres - Fier - Kakavia (Greece border): SH4

And if you wanted, the E852 could go to Vlore via SH3/E86, Elbasan, SH7, SH4/E853 and the A2.

And ideally, E851 would be a rerouted E80 with Montenegro and Kosovo agreeing to that, and Greece agreed to putting the E55 on their A5 (rather than their coast road), SH4 can be part of E55, rather than E853.
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 11:10 PM   #4625
SuCuki

Likes (Received): 1

Is a motorway or a motorway part of this year finished? Or is this year also a new highway built / expanded?
SuCuki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 12:53 AM   #4626
helloween 1

Likes (Received): 1855

SH 2
helloween 1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 01:00 AM   #4627
helloween 1

SH 1 - E762

Old April 9th, 2017, 01:09 AM   #4628
helloween 1

E 762

Luki_SL, Corvinus liked this post

Last edited by helloween 1; April 9th, 2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old April 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM   #4629
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

That's a helluva long stretch of straight road in the first half!

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 07:16 PM   #4630
helloween 1

SH78 & SH 99

Kumanovari liked this post

Last edited by helloween 1; April 9th, 2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old April 14th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #4631
helloween 1

SH 20

Old April 24th, 2017, 03:42 AM   #4632
helloween 1

SH 4 - E 853

Old April 26th, 2017, 02:24 AM   #4633
helloween 1

SH 21

Kumanovari liked this post
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:05 PM   #4634
SuCuki

How far are they at the construction work on the A2 (bypass of Fier) and the A3 (Tirana-Elbasan) ?
Old May 4th, 2017, 06:18 PM   #4635
helloween 1

On A3 work is progressing slowly. On A2 and Vlore by-pass work has stopped completely. The government has terminated the contract with Serenissima as it owes 17 million euros to the Albanian subcontractors. Soon a new tender will take place to pick a new company for the continuation of work on those two segments.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:24 AM   #4636
helloween 1

E 853

Last edited by helloween 1; May 29th, 2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:58 AM   #4637
helloween 1

E 851

Stavros86, Kumanovari liked this post
Old July 19th, 2017, 12:31 PM   #4638
placek13

Likes (Received): 632

What is the current condition of SH20 - which parts has asphalt and which not? Is it possible to go through it by normal car?

According to it:
http://balkanyrudej.pl/trasa-sh20-ro...jonie-kelmend/

It should be completed now (100% of asphalt) but I am not sure.
placek13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:07 PM   #4639
SuCuki

Are the bridges between Kalimash and Morina (A1) and the motorway cross at Fushe Milot finished? And when start expanding the part between Milot and Kalimash four-lane? And is now the A3 (Elbasan-Tirana) completely four-lane passable?
Old August 1st, 2017, 08:06 PM   #4640
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCuki View Post
Are the bridges between Kalimash and Morina (A1) and the motorway cross at Fushe Milot finished?
No and no. The first ones are not even started afaik. I don't know what the problem with the interchange is at all.

Quote:
And when start expanding the part between Milot and Kalimash four-lane?
There's not even a plan for it in the last years. I don't think that you will see something there soon.

Quote:
And is now the A3 (Elbasan-Tirana) completely four-lane passable?
No! A short part is expected to open sometime soon or maybe was already opened. However, the gap before the tunnel will remain.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane