daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 9th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #641
enschede-er
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

thankyou 7t for explaining it ti them i have sayed it also but they didn't believe me
enschede-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #642
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Do you even know what that page is about?
This is why ignorant people should refrain from expressing their ignorant opinions. Especially when they don't even understand the albanian language.
Actually yes. It describes biggest motorway project in Albania up-to-date. It is not hard to understand, especially when comparing to Enka and Bechtel pages. There are many other highway project in Albania, but this is, as it looks, currently the only big motorway (autostrada) project in construction.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #643
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Actually yes. It describes biggest motorway project in Albania up-to-date. It is not hard to understand, especially when comparing to Enka and Bechtel pages. There are many other highway project in Albania, but this is, as it looks, currently the only big motorway (autostrada) project in construction.
I agree with the bold part but we also have 3 other motorways currently under construction.
Besides, you won't find many projects of the Durrės - Morinė scale in our region so you aren't saying much.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #644
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

Is there a motorway planned to the Greek A2? It seems that Albania wants to get some tourism, and the best way to do that is to have a good basic infrastructure (not only roads). I would like to visit Albania some day.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #645
enschede-er
BANNED

Yes , from gjirokastra to greece
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #646
enschede-er
BANNED

38 km is already finished
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #647
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is there a motorway planned to the Greek A2? It seems that Albania wants to get some tourism, and the best way to do that is to have a good basic infrastructure (not only roads). I would like to visit Albania some day.
In addition to Durrės - Morinė Corridor there's also:

Corridor VIII (East - West)

Lushnje –Fier 21 km (under construction)
Fier (Levan) –Vlorė 43 km (under construction)
Qafė Thanė – Pogradec – Korēė 64 km

North - South Corridor

Shkodėr – Hani Hotit 39.0 km (will start construction soon)
Fier (Levan) – Tepelenė 71.0 km (will start construction soon)
Tepelenė – Gjirokastėr 23.0 km
Sarandė – Konispol 40.5 km (under construction)

BTW, many dutch tourists visit Albania annually. They prefer the albanian alps valley regions of Theth and Valbona.
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #648
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Really? I've never heard of anyone going there and I've also never seen ads at travel agencies for Albania. It's good to hear though, I'd like to go there as well
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #649
7t

2 million tourists already visited Albania this year
We have countless of travel agencies and tourist sources. We even had advertisement spots on CNN this year.
Also, The New York Times named Albania "The Budget Destination of 2008"
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #650
7t

Not a bad place to go camping

Old November 9th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #651
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Are there campings in Albania?

Quote:
We even had advertisement spots on CNN this year.
Yes, I saw those, looked good.

How's the infrastructure in fuel distribution? I heard some stories that water was/is added to fuels.

Also, I read there's no breakdown service (like ANWB, ADAC, BIHAMK etc)
Old November 9th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #652
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

If that improves, it can be a good holiday destination for a roadtrip. However, I don't think that there are many Dutch driving there (except for freaks like us), the distance is quite big. For a fly destination it is probably already a good destination
Old November 9th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #653
ChrisZwolle
Road user

There are enough older people who like to drive all around Europe with their camper/caravan. Sometimes even to Morocco or Greece. I want to drive to Greece myself in the next few years too.
Old November 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #654
enschede-er
BANNED

Swift European
If You have opted and paid for Swift European, it includes all the same benefits as Swift Roadside, Swift Rescue and Swift Rescue & HomeAssist, plus the following:

We will provide a Breakdown service in a number of European countries where the maximum Duration of any single trip does not exceed 90 days. Please ensure You carry Your V5 registration document with You during Your journey. We will require detailed information from You regarding the location of your Car. We will need to know if You are on an outward or inward journey and details of Your booking arrangements. When We have all the required information We will liase with Our European network. You will be kept updated and therefore, You will be asked to remain at the telephone number You called from. Countries covered for Breakdown within Europe are:

Albania, Andorra, Austria, Balearics, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Isles, Corsica, Croatia, Northern Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Sardinia, Serbia and Montenegro, Sicily, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey (west of Bosphorous) and Vatican City.

Regulations are different when You Breakdown in Europe and help may take longer in arriving. We will require detailed information from You regarding the location of Your Car. We will need to know if You are on an outward or inward journey and details of Your booking arrangements. When We have all the required information We will liaise with Our European network. You will be kept updated and therefore You will be asked to remain at the telephone number You called from.

For assistance in Europe call 00 44 1206 771780.

We will send help to the scene of the Breakdown and arrange to pay call out fees and mileage charges needed to repair or assist with the Car.

If, in the opinion of Our Rescue operator, they are unable to repair the Car at the roadside, We will assist in the following way:

arrange and pay for Your Car, You and up to 6 passengers to be recovered to the nearest garage able to undertake the repair;
if the Car cannot be repaired with in 48 hours or any other time that We can agree, We will arrange for Your Car, You and up to 6 passengers to be transported either to Your home or original destination. During the 48 hours We will pay for the costs of alternative accommodation and alternative transport (to be agreed and authorised by Our Rescue team).
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #655
ChrisZwolle
Road user

According to wikipedia:
Quote:
Many Albanians are also fluent in English, Italian and Greek.
I can believe the Italian claim, but are many Albanians fluent in English? Italians, Spaniards or French don't even speak English very often, not to mention Albanians. But I could be wrong about this one. Would be great for tourism though.
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #656
enschede-er
BANNED

yes they can better speak than italians spanish of portugal people , english. every albanian can speek good english
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #657
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
According to wikipedia:

I can believe the Italian claim, but are many Albanians fluent in English? Italians, Spaniards or French don't even speak English very often, not to mention Albanians. But I could be wrong about this one. Would be great for tourism though.
90% of albanians from albania understand and speak italian...English moslty students ..about greek...is an unknown language.Albania is an italophone republic

If u are interested to know more about Albania,pls visit
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1346
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #658
Albaneren
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Are they going to set in emergency lanes and barriere in the Tirana - Durrės Reconstruction? Lets hope they do so, cause look at that serbian motorway, thats how a motorway got to be.
Albaneren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #659
SADOSI

Likes (Received):

Quote:
According to wikipedia:

It's probably wider known on the coasts and Tirana than inland. But i think its a rule of thumb, the smaller the country the better they will be at foreign languages.
Old November 10th, 2008, 02:17 AM   #660
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqiptario View Post
90% of albanians from albania understand and speak italian...English moslty students ..about greek...is an unknown language.Albania is an italophone republic
Well, I wouldn't say greek is an unknown language because we do have the tiny greek minority in the south but greek is as significant as say chinese.

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane