daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #761
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-KS View Post
It“s supposed to finish in the first months of 2009
I see. Quite some work left to do.

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #762
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Levan(Fier)-Vlorė
Construction of Levan–Vlore Section of Pan European Corridor VIII Underway

Project description
and objectives:
:The proposed project will support the construction of a 24km road section from Levan to Vlore, part of the north-south corridor, and Trans-European Corridor VIII.

Civil works will be co-financed with the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the Government of Albania. Donor funds from the Italian Development Cooperation have been provided for the preparation of detailed design and tender documents and supervision consultants.
Total project cost::Estimated EUR 61.2 million
Environmental impact:The project involves construction of a new 24.2 km road with 4-lanes from Levan to Vlore crossing the River Vjosa valley and along the edge of the Narta Lagoon. In accordance with EBRD Environmental Policy, the construction of a new road of four or more lanes, where such new road would be 10 km or more in a continuous length is classified in environmental category A. Moreover, the project is required to be classified as A category because it is to be carried out in a sensitive location within Vjosa-Narta Landscape Protected Area. For the above reasons, the project requires an Environmental Impact Assessment (“EIA”) and public consultation in accordance with the EBRD’s Category A project requirements.

new photos not yet...
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #763
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

I assume these "4 lane roads" are grade-separated?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #764
Shqiptario
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I assume these "4 lane roads" are grade-separated?
well ...the above information does not explain very clear how much lanes this new road will have, but i think it will be an 2x2(2 x 3.75 m).

Last edited by Shqiptario; November 17th, 2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old November 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #765
Shqiptario
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaneren View Post
Does anyone have a picture of how the Levan - Vlorė motorway will be?
its in Albanian .....
http://www.mpptt.gov.al/arkiva/gusht10.php
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #766
Albaneren
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I know I`ve asked this question before and I know that it will get on peoples mind, but will they put emergency lanes and barriere? Please answer gently!
Albaneren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #767
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Great, keep asking, it“s funny, you want to be very sure that they want to add emergency lanes.
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #768
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
I know I`ve asked this question before and I know that it will get on peoples mind, but will they put emergency lanes and barriere? Please answer gently!
I'm curious too, but apparantly nobody knows the answer after asking a dozen times, so you might as well stop asking for it for a while.
Old November 17th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #769
Albaneren
BANNED

Because you see, I want Albania to have European Standard Motorways. I know at least that Durrės - Kukės - Prishtinė will have barriere and emergency lanes, but whats make me curious is the other motorways they are building. We cant call a 4-laned way without emergency lanes and barriere a MOTORWAY. Thats what I want to say. Now I have made my point clear.
Old November 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #770
AL-KS

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Because you see, I want Albania to have European Standard Motorways. I know at least that Durrės - Kukės - Prishtinė will have barriere and emergency lanes, but whats make me curious is the other motorways they are building. We cant call a 4-laned way without emergency lanes and barriere a MOTORWAY. Thats what I want to say. Now I have made my point clear.

I think it will have emercency lanes because the basement is wide like the most of the new european motorways that are being built now...
AL-KS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #771
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
We cant call a 4-laned way without emergency lanes and barriere a MOTORWAY. Thats what I want to say. Now I have made my point clear.
That's true, but any improvement to the existing road infrastructure is a good and welcome step.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #772
Shqiptario
BANNED

Quote:
YES!
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #773
Timon91
Error

Very gently indeed
Old November 18th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #774
SADOSI

Likes (Received):

Quote:
It's not what you asked, its how youve asked it before, was wrong. Barriers and emergency lanes depend on a few different factors. Emergency lanes are good but barriers arent, imo. I prefer a ditch in the middle to a barrier, for emergency services and police and also the wildlife.
Old November 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #775
enschede-er
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

i have seen some pictures of germany autobahns (mtorways) a few also doesn't have emrgencency lanes but they're normal autobahns.
enschede-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #776
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That's correct, but they're mostly relics from the 3rd Reich time and are over 70 years old, and their lack of shoulders as well as their alignement are seen as undesired. Most of these Autobahns get shoulders while they are being reconstructed.
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #777
Timon91
Error

Some newer ones lack shoulders as well, right? A21 or A23 for example. They're quite new AFAIK.
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #778
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The A21 lacks shoulders at times but is a reconstructed Bundesstraße. I however have to agree with the earlier postings that a road could only be considered a "motorway" if it has shoulders where possible. That would mean a motorway of 20 kilometers lacking shoulders shouldn't be really counted as a motorway-grade road, but say, the lack of shoulders in expensive objects like in tunnels shouldn't disqualify a motorway from being a "motorway".

So in the Albanian case, if these new roads don't have shoulders at bridges or tunnels, but they do have them elsewhere, it should be counted as a full standard motorway.

Ofcourse, a shoulder is not the only standard of a motorway. Perhaps even more important is if slow or unmotorized traffic is not allowed at all times. So no tractors or mules on the motorway.
Old November 18th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #779
Albaniaaan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

The new 2x2 highway..Korēė-Plloēė ....photos by Plasma(flickr)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Albaniaaan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #780
Albaneren
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by enschede-er View Post
i have seen some pictures of germany autobahns (mtorways) a few also doesn't have emrgencency lanes but they're normal autobahns.
-----------------------------------------
Thats because Germany have 3-lanes on each way.

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane