daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #901
Justme78783
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
i know this, but i want to drive in albania next april and that's why i'm interested in % of national roads finished till now.
Hmm ok then , until next april 1) Durres-Kukes will have been finished which is like about 120 kms or more of a very modern highway and connects kosova with Albania ,

2) Shkoder-Tirana finished ( about 90 kms ) it is already finished ( it is a very comfortale modern 1x1 road )

3) Gjirokastra -Tepelene ( 30 kms ) finished last year , a very good road

4) Tirana - Lushnje ( 160 kms ) finished

5) Levan - vlore

6)...

and it goes like that , i d say like about when you ll be there 70 -80 % of our national road system will have been finished .

But of course it depends in what region you will go , pls specify it , so i can say smth more about the roads you ll pass .
Justme78783 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #902
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme78783 View Post
Hmm ok then , until next april 1) Durres-Kukes will have been finished which is like about 120 kms or more of a very modern highway and connects kosova with Albania ,

2) Shkoder-Tirana finished ( about 90 kms ) it is already finished ( it is a very comfortale modern 1x1 road )

3) Gjirokastra -Tepelene ( 30 kms ) finished last year , a very good road

4) Tirana - Lushnje ( 160 kms ) finished

5) Levan - vlore

6)...

and it goes like that , i d say like about when you ll be there 70 -80 % of our national road system will have been finished .

But of course it depends in what region you will go , pls specify it , so i can say smth more about the roads you ll pass .
Thanks for informations.i want to go on the following route:podgradec-librazhd-elbasan-lusnje-fier-vlore.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM   #903
Justme78783
BANNED

I mean in total , last year i d say like 15 % - 20 %
Old December 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #904
Justme78783
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for informations.i want to go on the following route:podgradec-librazhd-elbasan-lusnje-fier-vlore.

Lushnje-fier is finishing in 4 months from now . A 2 x 2
Fier - vlore ( the construction has begun ) but i do not know the deadline .
Pogradec - librazhd ( i think that this road has finished .
as for elbasan- lushnje i do not know .

If is somone here that knows then pls give some information .

Personally i d advise you to and to Tirana since it is like an hour far from Elbasan ... and then from tirana you can go to lushnje-fier-vlore ...

Go and have a coffe there , i think you ll like the modern side of tirana .
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #905
enschede-er
BANNED

Will durres-kukkes have also a few 2x3 lanes ?
enschede-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #906
vlker
VUT Brno in SSC

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:

If is somone here that knows then pls give some information .
Roads by Ohrid lake, especially Struga - Perrenjasi- Librazhd is in very good shape. From Perrenjasi to maceodinian border there is also climbing lane, so the road is comfortable.

But roads by adriatic sea (Lushinje -vlore and vlore - himare - sarrande) are quite dangerous. Sometimes is situation like you must drive reverse a few hundred meters, because you just met a bus and there isnt place for two of you between cliff to sea and a rock above you.
vlker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:06 AM   #907
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

^yea those roads in Vlora are quite narrow.

lushnje-fier is finished in February (3 months) and will turn out pretty good.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:26 AM   #908
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Durrės-Kukės Motorway Progress .....December 2008

Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #909
DanMs
BANNED

^ Beautiful videos. Thanks

Its going to turn out real good.
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #910
Justme78783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlker View Post
But roads by adriatic sea (Lushinje -vlore and vlore - himare - sarrande) are quite dangerous. Sometimes is situation like you must drive reverse a few hundred meters, because you just met a bus and there isnt place for two of you between cliff to sea and a rock above you.
Both roads you mention are under contruction .

Lushnje-fier is finishing in 2-3 months from now , and fier-vlore the construction has begun .

And vlore-himare - sarande the construction begun a last year , and in 6 months from now , it will be perfect .

As you can understand , you are right that these roads were not good , but things have changed . I am from that region near Sarande, so i know , major changes in the road infrastucture there .

The thing i did not know was Librazhd and the road near the macedonian border .

I am glad though that near that those regions have a nice road system too. Good to hear .

My point is that if you take the same route agin in the summer of 2009 then all the roads you ll pass will be ina very good condition .

Thanx for the info dude .
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #911
Albaniaaan
BANNED

Elbasan-Tirana

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Albaniaaan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #912
vlker
VUT Brno in SSC

Quote:
Both roads you mention are under contruction .

Lushnje-fier is finishing in 2-3 months from now , and fier-vlore the construction has begun .

And vlore-himare - sarande the construction begun a last year , and in 6 months from now , it will be perfect .

As you can understand , you are right that these roads were not good , but things have changed . I am from that region near Sarande, so i know , major changes in the road infrastucture there .

The thing i did not know was Librazhd and the road near the macedonian border .

I am glad though that near that those regions have a nice road system too. Good to hear .

My point is that if you take the same route agin in the summer of 2009 then all the roads you ll pass will be ina very good condition .

Thanx for the info dude .
I“m glad to hear it. Albania has great touristic potencial, so improvement of adriatic magistral will be very helpfull. You should also improve infrastructure of electricity. Blackouts are not good visiting card
vlker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #913
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

will durres-morine motorway really finish in spring 2009?from the videos shown it seems there is some work still to be done.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #914
Albaniaaan
BANNED

South Albania,between Vlora&Sarandė

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 10th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #915
Albaniaaan
BANNED

Durrės-Kukės Motorway

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 10th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #916
enschede-er
BANNED

Quote:
will durres-morine motorway really finish in spring 2009?from the videos shown it seems there is some work still to be done.
yes there is , but they have done almost all tunnels and bridges ,

so then comes the asphalt but that doesnt cost al lot a time to do that
enschede-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #917
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaniaaan View Post
South Albania,between Vlora&Sarandė
This looks like Ireland When I was there in August, the colors were totally different...
snupix está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:35 PM   #918
Justme78783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snupix View Post
This looks like Ireland When I was there in August, the colors were totally different...
Yes in summer it is so stunning there . And now that the road has been finished there , you can go evrywhere you want , in a short period of time .
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #919
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

I guess the colors are not that different now since that part of Albania does not get that much rain (I suppose so) even during the winter but the picture is taken in late afternoon or something!!!
GreenAlbanian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #920
DanMs
BANNED

Ok some late news

Quote:
Albania-Kosovo Road Costs 'Over €1 Billion'

The 61 kilometre-long Rreshen-Kalimash section of the Albanian- Kosovo highway is costing Albania €1.027 billion, according to the charges filed against Foreign Minister Lulzim Basha.

However, because the highway is not yet finished, its final cost could rise further. The Rreshen-Kalimash section is only a part of the 170 kilometre highway. Albania’s government has declined to give a clear estimate of the final costs of the road.

Basha, who has been charged with the abuse of power and breaking tender rules relating to the construction project and risks up to 12 years in prison, has denied any wrongdoing and has claimed that the accusations against him are politically motivated and unpatriotic.

The abuse in the case is thought to have cost Albanian taxpayers something in the range of €230 million.

The evaluation was made using the average price of construction material and labour costs in comparison to what Albania is paying to build the road.

The highway, which links the port of Durres with Kosovo and includes a six kilometre-long tunnel, is the country’s biggest public works project in decades.

Almost 89 per cent of Albania’s capital expenditures during the 2008 fiscal year have been spent for the on the highway, data published by Ministry of Finance suggests.

For the nine months ending on September 30, Albania had spent €328 million from its €373 million capital expenditures budget on the road.

About half of this sum was raised in the international market as syndicated commercial loans. Albania will need to invest another €250 million to complete the project, due to be finalised in the summer of 2009.

Prosecutor General Ina Rama has been probing alleged irregularities in the tender for the construction of the highway won by the American-Turkish consortium, Bechtel-Enka for more than 17 months.

The charges relate to the time when Basha was Transport Minister. Basha’s immunity was lifted by parliament at the end of December last year. Apart from the Basha, the former head legal adviser of the minster, Andi Toma has been charged with abuse of power also. Toma has denied the charges against him.
http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/main/news/15464/

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane