daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:01 AM   #1061
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Yea we've made fun of that reporter over at Albania forum. The way he talks like a robot. Also he has a silly tie.
The road Vlora-Sarande is going to be narrow since it is a mountainous road by the coast.

Its part of this road in Vlora so its probably going to be the same. I visited it in 2006 and finally they are fixing it up. Scenary is beautiful only human potential was missing.

Last edited by DanMs; March 22nd, 2009 at 03:17 AM.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:22 AM   #1062
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

i will wait until the whole raod from Macedonia (Struga) to Saranda finished it, until i visit it. I wanted to visit this town because of the beaches and the see. Does anyone know when this could happen?
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:45 PM   #1063
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
i will wait until the whole raod from Macedonia (Struga) to Saranda finished it, until i visit it. I wanted to visit this town because of the beaches and the see. Does anyone know when this could happen?
There's no such road or a future project in place for it.
The government's priority in relation to the roads connecting through Macedonia remains "Rruga e Arbėrit" (Arbėr Road) which is already u/c. It connects Tirana with Macedonia's district of Debar (Dibėr). Once Durrės - Morinė is complete, the next major project which is already on the works is the "Tiranė - Berat - Tepelenė" motorway also known as the Southern Axis.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:26 PM   #1064
Ban.BL
BANNED

well it doesn“t have to be direct link. I mean when the road from Struga to Saranda will be finished? (trough Elbesan or whatever)
Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:59 PM   #1065
7t

What road are you talking about?
You have to drive through several districts to get to Saranda. There's no easy way of getting there, that's for sure.
Korēė - Qafė Plloēė segment that's u/c does not reach that far down. So getting to Saranda from Macedonia's border will continue to be a hassle. The other problem is that we have very distant economic ties with Macedonia even though we're neighbours. There's no urgent need to have to borrow loans in order to improve the eastern road network at this point.
The idea of the Korēė - Qafė Plloēė segment is to develop a better and easier access of the south-eastern region with the border point of Kapshticė on the greek border, a high traffic area for the transportation of goods.

Last edited by 7t; March 22nd, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM   #1066
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
What road are you talking about?
You have to drive through several districts to get to Saranda. There's no easy way of getting there, that's for sure.
Korēė - Qafė Plloēė segment that's u/c does not reach that far down. So getting to Saranda from Macedonia's border will continue to be a hassle. The other problem is that we have very distant economic ties with Macedonia even though we're neighbours. There's no urgent need to have to borrow loans in order to improve the eastern road network at this point.
The idea of the Korēė - Qafė Plloēė segment is to develop a better and easier access of the south-eastern region with the border point of Kapshticė on the greek border, a high traffic area for the transportation of goods.
so there is no easy way to come from Macedonia to Albania, Saranda?
I am asking this coz i wanted to visit Saranda and i don“t know what is the best way to drive on?
What route should i take and when there will be decent road to Saranda from Macedonia, it doesn“t have to be motorway, just normal highway?
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:51 PM   #1067
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaneren View Post
I am wondering, how is the border crossing between Albania and Kosovo going to look like?
with other words..u mean?
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:12 PM   #1068
DanMs
BANNED

Quote:
I am asking this coz i wanted to visit Saranda and i don“t know what is the best way to drive on?
What route should i take and when there will be decent road to Saranda from Macedonia, it doesn“t have to be motorway, just normal highway?
http://www.albcampers.org/en/uploads...nia%20copy.jpg

Here is a map. It seems like there are two ways. You could go to Tirana and then head south or through Korca. There is really no easy way to get there for the moment.
I also don't know of any plans to link to directly link Vlora or Saranda with Macedonia.

I did encounter some Macedonian tourists in Dhermi in 2006. They were speaking Slavic so i assumed they were Macedonian.

Last edited by DanMs; March 22nd, 2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:45 AM   #1069
Ban.BL
BANNED

so it is real adventure. and road from Dures to Sarande how is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMs View Post
http://www.albcampers.org/en/uploads...nia%20copy.jpg

Here is a map. It seems like there are two ways. You could go to Tirana and then head south or through Korca. There is really no easy way to get there for the moment.
I also don't know of any plans to link to directly link Vlora or Saranda with Macedonia.

I did encounter some Macedonian tourists in Dhermi in 2006. They were speaking Slavic so i assumed they were Macedonian.
the friend of mine was there last summer.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:13 AM   #1070
DanMs
BANNED

A year from now you will be able to go from Durres-Sarande with no problems. Certain parts are still under construction.

Last edited by DanMs; March 23rd, 2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:41 AM   #1071
DanMs
BANNED

An Introduction to Albanian Roads History

Part 1

Part 2

Part3
Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:50 AM   #1072
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMs View Post

A year from now you will be able to go from Durres-Sarande with no problems. Certain parts are still under construction.
thnx for info, so i will wait until it is finished.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:47 AM   #1073
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Great videos! Here's part 4.

Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:08 AM   #1074
7t

Very interesting video documentary
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:09 PM   #1075
7t

Quote:
Nope, at least for now.
Why do you wanna visit Saranda from Macedonia though?
Wouldn't it be better if you came through Tirana? That way you get to explore more of the country. Besides, Saranda is rather boring compared to Durrės. The only fun you'll have there is if you go on the weekends.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:57 PM   #1076
Ban.BL
BANNED

Trough Tirana from where?
Dures is not that interesting to me. It is too crowded and apparently beaches are nicer in Saranda region. And fun in sense of going out is not on my to do list, i am more into exploring country and sightseeing.
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #1077
7t

Quote:
Trough Tirana from where?
Dures is not that interesting to me. It is too crowded and apparently beaches are nicer in Saranda region. And fun in sense of going out is not on my to do list, i am more into exploring country and sightseeing.
Ok then, Vlora-Saranda coast is worth a visit. You'll have lots of privacy there and enjoy great quality beaches.
I would also recommend you check out the mountain regions of Thethi and Valbona, both national parks and big tourist attractions. You haven't seen Albania unless you travel through her mountains.
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #1078
Ban.BL
BANNED

I have traveled between Elbasan and Tirana
What is tho road like Vlora-Saranda?
And what is it like form Pogradec to Saranda?
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #1079
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Haven't you been there already?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #1080
Ban.BL
BANNED

No only Tirana