daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #1101
Albaneren
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

About the Road Lushnje - Fier
Albaneren no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #1102
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaneren View Post
About the Road Lushnje - Fier
..i love the asphalt too!!

This video is about the road

http://www.top-channel.tv/new/video.php?id=4567
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #1103
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Is that motorway/expressway (Lushnje - Fier) already opened or still waiting to open?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #1104
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Regarding the picture on the previous page I'd say it is (partly) opened
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #1105
Albaniaaan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Tepelenė-Gjirokastėr

[IMG]http://s5.************/2ijqaef.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://s5.************/16jew02.jpg[/IMG]

Thx to shqiptario
Albaniaaan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #1106
Albaniaaan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Gjirokaster - Tepelene

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Albaniaaan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #1107
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

What a beautiful crash barriers!
Old March 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #1108
7t

Don't look shiny enough to me
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #1109
superalbanian
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Whats with crash barrier obsession dissorder CBOD? Come on guys, its just a crash barrier... Not much interesting about it, They're all the same and have existed forever almost.
superalbanian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #1110
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

The road looks very good, but yeah, the crashbarriers aren“t shiny enough at all.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:29 AM   #1111
Seagull
Fight multinazism!

Likes (Received): 443

Let's make a little historical and geopolitical analysis. The Adriatic-Ionian motorway is in my opinion mostly of touristic interest. The Adriatic-Aegean corridor is more important to Croatia. Greece has its own interest there. Italians are more interested in the Corridor VIII through Macedonia and Bulgaria to the Black Sea. Macedonia and Bulgaria are late with the realization, so Greece, it seems, takes the opportunity to bypass Macedonia and to prevent it from gaining greater geopolitical importance. In the picture below you can see that the Roman Egnatia road ran from Durres via Ohrid and FYR Macedonia to Turkey. Rome is no longer the center of the world.
The Croatian coastal motorway (A1) has the real chance to overtake at least a part of the ferry traffic on the route Igoumenitsa (GR) - Italy (Brinidisi, Ancona). The transit towards Central Europe, which now goes through Macedonia, Belgrade and the A3 in Croatia, could go via the Croatian A1 to Zagreb or Triest, Northern Italy or Central Europe.
Greeks, with the intention to bypass Macedonia via Kastoria towards Tirana and Durres are also giving a chance to us.
The Greek Egnatia motorway and the Corridor VIII through Macedonia and Bulgaria (the "Italian" corridor or the "parallel Egnatia" via Skopje and Sofia) are in competition (see below). The Croatian coastal motroway is also in competition with the Macedonian and Serbian motorways (to Belgrade).

As a conclusion: Croatia, Montenegro and Albania are gaining importance in the region. USA is supporting Albania (USA are even building a motorway to Kosovo) and Croatia. Both countries are now in the NATO. Montenegro is also willing to play a role in the Western world, but Russians are also investing in Montenegro.

Roman Via Egnatia:

Long live the Adriatic-Aegean motorway!
Seagull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 05:11 AM   #1112
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Right, but Montenegro is a tough route to build a motorway in so you have to factor that in.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 05:42 AM   #1113
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

will be nice routing from Brindisi to Istanbul
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:55 AM   #1114
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Right, but Montenegro is a tough route to build a motorway in so you have to factor that in.
No Montenegro is not that tough, maybe only one part.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM   #1115
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post

As a conclusion: Croatia, Montenegro and Albania are gaining importance in the region. USA is supporting Albania (USA are even building a motorway to Kosovo) and Croatia.
which one?
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:13 PM   #1116
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Nah, southern Montenegro shouldn't be as problematic as northern Montenegro (such as the Beograd - Bar motorway).

I personally think many people will consider Albania a no-go country for a long time, even if it might be not true, it's just the image the country has after those years of isolation (although that ended long ago). If I talk about Poland, people find it strange that I want to visit such a country.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:43 PM   #1117
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nah, southern Montenegro shouldn't be as problematic as northern Montenegro (such as the Beograd - Bar motorway).

I personally think many people will consider Albania a no-go country for a long time, even if it might be not true, it's just the image the country has after those years of isolation (although that ended long ago). If I talk about Poland, people find it strange that I want to visit such a country.
Statistics tell a different story.
Last year more than 2.5 million visitors came to Albania according to official data from the Ministry of Tourism. I don't know who these "many people" you're referring to but since you seem to doubt it yourself by saying "even if it might be not true" then it seems to me that you're just giving an opinion without any factual basis.

Sure, many people might think twice about visiting the country. This is due to many factors such as: prejudice, stereotype, lack of information... etc
But, I wouldn't go as far as to say "many people will consider it a no-go country for a long time". It's just speculative hypothesis imo.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1118
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Well, how many of those 2.5 million are from outside the Balkans? If you're used to go to France or Spain, you're really not going that easy to a country like Albania.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM   #1119
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Statistics tell a different story.
Last year more than 2.5 million visitors came to Albania according to official data from the Ministry of Tourism. I don't know who these "many people" you're referring to but since you seem to doubt it yourself by saying "even if it might be not true" then it seems to me that you're just giving an opinion without any factual basis.

Sure, many people might think twice about visiting the country. This is due to many factors such as: prejudice, stereotype, lack of information... etc
But, I wouldn't go as far as to say "many people will consider it a no-go country for a long time". It's just speculative hypothesis imo.
Albania would be an interesting country for me to visit, but if I know that people will hate me when I go to vacation, I don“t want to visit it. As far as I know Albanians have something against many nations and that is not good. Many people say Albanians are very violent etc.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM   #1120
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

i have been there and haven“t felt like that.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane