daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM   #1121
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Well, how many of those 2.5 million are from outside the Balkans? If you're used to go to France or Spain, you're really not going that easy to a country like Albania.
You are proving my point. How do you know what Albania is like if you've never been there?

I personally would not wanna spend my vacation in the same place over and over again. Albania can be seen as an alternative, a place not many people have been to or know much about. It's a country filled with stunning natural beauty, historical sites, a unique culture and hospitable people. This is the impression most people have when they visit the country.

Then again, I'm not here to try to convince you to go there. To be fair, I could care less.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM   #1122
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
As far as I know Albanians have something against many nations and that is not good. Many people say Albanians are very violent etc.
Do you know that we have thousands of serbian tourists visit our beaches in the summer? Hard to believe right?
I haven't heard of a single instance where they felt unsafe, threatened or looked upon negatively by the locals. I have never heard of tourists that visit the country say that albanians are violent and prejudiced towards foreigners.
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:06 PM   #1123
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Well, how many of those 2.5 million are from outside the Balkans?
Not many I think, since it's quite a drive all the way from western Europe to Albania.
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM   #1124
7t

I don't see what makes beaches in France and Spain superior to those in Albania
I would argue quite the opposite.

image hosted on flickr
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM   #1125
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Albania would be an interesting country for me to visit, but if I know that people will hate me when I go to vacation, I don“t want to visit it. As far as I know Albanians have something against many nations and that is not good. Many people say Albanians are very violent etc.
U guy ..have too much strange things in your head.If u want to be hated..then people hate u!!..Never happened this kind of incidents in Albania(even with Serbs..last year were more than 30.000 Serbs that visited Albania).These "too many nations" that u said above.. are slavs..and if slavs have something against Albanians...then,that is your problem!!

Last edited by Shqiptario; April 1st, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM   #1126
Shqiptario
BANNED

hhhh..If these "too many people" think that Spain is in white list ....then ..they r wrong!!..Albania is an safe country....Unknown for a part of Europe..but that doesnt make Alb. danger to visit or an non go country..like some people above said!
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM   #1127
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
You know, I know, but the average German/Dutchmen/Swedish doesn't know that. They don't even know what it looks like in the first place.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:44 PM   #1128
Shqiptario
BANNED

@Radish2

How its being an Bulgar in Macedonia? Serbia? or Greece?

With all these countries Bulgaria had problems in the past..but never with Albania.So your point for your coment above..was?
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:44 PM   #1129
7t

Quote:
You know, I know, but the average German/Dutchmen/Swedish doesn't know that. They don't even know what it looks like in the first place.

I feel the same way about The Netherlands yet that won't stop me from wanting to go visit
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:54 PM   #1130
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

Quote:
You know very well the answer to that question.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:37 PM   #1131
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Albania would be an interesting country for me to visit, but if I know that people will hate me when I go to vacation, I don“t want to visit it. As far as I know Albanians have something against many nations and that is not good. Many people say Albanians are very violent etc.

DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:46 PM   #1132
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqiptario View Post
@Radish2

How its being an Bulgar in Macedonia? Serbia? or Greece?

With all these countries Bulgaria had problems in the past..but never with Albania.So your point for your coment above..was?
Now Bulgaria doesn“t have problems with these nations and I don“t have any problems with Albanians, if they don“t do bad stuff to me or do bad things in general like beating people up etc. But you should know that many Bulgarians are negative to many nations, including the Roma population in their country aswell, well the Roma nation should be a bit more sozial but I can“t accept that Bulgarians are so much against them. Also Bulgarians are very much against Albanians, not me, but I am telling you about the people I know in Bulgaria. you shoulnd“t care what most Bulgarians say, they are some of the most patriotic nations I know, I just expressed my opinion about visiting Bulgaria but that“s also because I heart stories that it was very dangerous going through Albania and people steal things and so on. If it“s really like that, it is bad. But if it has changed and Albania is now as save as any other country in the Balkans, it“s fine.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:40 PM   #1133
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
The Croatian coastal motroway is also in competition with the Macedonian and Serbian motorways (to Belgrade).
As well as with Croatian A3, which includes Zagreb.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM   #1134
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Who are those 'many nations' Albanians 'have something against'? Who are those people that say 'Albanians are very violent'? That's some pretty deep prejudice right there.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM   #1135
Seagull
Fight multinazism!

Likes (Received): 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMs View Post
It is a propaganda video, but I like it! Nice scenery! The only thing I'd like to say to Albanians is to protect the environment as well as possible! (That's what the man in the video also said!).
Shkova atje!
Seagull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM   #1136
Seagull
Fight multinazism!

Likes (Received): 443

Quote:
image hosted on flickr
This could be in Croatia as well!
Seagull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM   #1137
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
It is a propaganda video, but I like it! Nice scenery! The only thing I'd like to say to Albanians is to protect the environment as well as possible! (That's what the man in the video also said!).
Shkova atje!

It is a realistic video with generally positive things but also highlighting some of its problems.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM   #1138
Albaniaaan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Tiranė-F.Krujė

[IMG]http://i43.************/2zqr48i.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
Albaniaaan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM   #1139
Treasure

Likes (Received): 0

7T overrates the beaches in Albania also, from durres and northwards the coastline is not impressive at all, actually i would never recommend a person to visit Durres for a holiday but from Durres southwards is another story, where the beauty is hidden.
Treasure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:23 AM   #1140
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
7T overrates the beaches in Albania also, from durres and northwards the coastline is not impressive at all, actually i would never recommend a person to visit Durres for a holiday but from Durres southwards is another story, where the beauty is hidden.
Same goes for other countries as well. Not all of France's coastline offers great beaches. Some parts are pretty average.
When you say that you don't recommend Durrės to anyone that shows how much you actually know about our coastline. For your information, there's a total of over 40km of coastline in that district. The best beach is located north of it in Lalėzi Bay where foreign investors are building luxury resorts as we speak. Southwards, you have Plepat bordering Golem. That's a pretty good quality beach except for all the construction activity.

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane