daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:30 AM   #1141
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Durres beach is not that good because its pretty crowed. But it's nice for mass accomodation from neighboring countries. Plus a lot of hotels are building their own pools. People will start using that instead of the sea more often and the latter will clean itself. Plus the fact that its a sandy beach its not going to be as clean as rocky beach. Durres has a bright future ahead and with some careful planning it will be a good tourist destination.

What other country offers both rocky and big sandy beach in the Balkans?

Last edited by DanMs; April 2nd, 2009 at 02:41 AM.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:41 AM   #1142
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

i really dislike beaches like the one shown in video. Too big and too crowded.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:03 AM   #1143
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

That's what im saying. If you want nightlife go to Durres. If you want privacy, go south.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:29 AM   #1144
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
You know very well the answer to that question.
No, I don't. Can you enlighten me?
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:54 PM   #1145
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
You know, I know, but the average German/Dutchmen/Swedish doesn't know that. They don't even know what it looks like in the first place.
you are right, chris, the people perception is really bad about balkan countries, and that's a non-realistic view.when i visited balkans last summer(serbia,bosnia,croatia,montenegro,albania) almost all of my friends told me 'are you crazy?' and when i come back they asked how many bullets i have in my head.if that's the general opinion in romania, i can only imagine what's the general opinion about balkan countries in western europe.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:33 AM   #1146
Treasure

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Same goes for other countries as well. Not all of France's coastline offers great beaches. Some parts are pretty average.
When you say that you don't recommend Durrės to anyone that shows how much you actually know about our coastline. For your information, there's a total of over 40km of coastline in that district. The best beach is located north of it in Lalėzi Bay where foreign investors are building luxury resorts as we speak. Southwards, you have Plepat bordering Golem. That's a pretty good quality beach except for all the construction activity.
90% of tourists when i was there in 2006 were Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia and they visit it because the resort is Albanian aswell as trying to be patriotic. For other tourists Durres would be the common holiday resort you find in most of Europe, nothing special.
Treasure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:18 AM   #1147
superalbanian
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
90% of tourists when i was there in 2006 were Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia and they visit it because the resort is Albanian aswell as trying to be patriotic. For other tourists Durres would be the common holiday resort you find in most of Europe, nothing special.

I disagree, Albanian culture is VERY SPECIAL!!! I am from Kosovo and have never been to the current day internationally recognise state of Albania yet but I still hope to visit it very soon! Not because I am Albanian but because of the culture and the people. You will find like no other culture in Europe than Albanian culture, we are very individual because we have kept our ancient culture and have many great things coming through our works of arts through history. Albania is also itself very special isince it is STILL NOT discovered by other European nations! Kosovo, different story, anyway this is not about tourism but roads and motorways so please lets continue this aim.
superalbanian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #1148
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
I never said it was special. You said that you would not recommend anyone to ever go there.
But you have only visited a very small chunk of the 40 km stretch Durrės Coast is made up of. You have no clue where "Kepi i Rodonit" or "Bishti i Pallės" are and what the beaches there look like. So please inform yourself better next time before making hasty suppositions.
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #1149
Treasure

So because you know two good places in the 40 km of coastline that Durres has, it makes it good? No i dont think so and like i said i know well enough and i have seen enough that you would not know about and i will make suggestions because i am well informed, if you like Durres its not my problem but i did not like it and like i said before i certainly will not recommend it.
Treasure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #1150
Dardani6

there are a lot of secret beautiful places that a lot of people do not know about especially near shengjin and veipoje that most locals know of and others do not and hopefully will never know of.
Dardani6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #1151
Albaneren
BANNED

Kosovo wants the motorway to be named "Ibrahim Rugova", how do you think about that? I love the idea.
Albaneren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #1152
7t

Why would Albania want to name its most important road project after Ibrahim Rugova?
Besides, he was disliked in Albania and didn't step foot in the country for many years.
Old April 5th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #1153
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaneren View Post
Kosovo wants the motorway to be named "Ibrahim Rugova", how do you think about that? I love the idea.
The Kosovo part of the road or the Albanian one?
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #1154
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

I am sure Albania is beautiful but what bugs me is that southern part of Balkan is transforming their beaches into concrete jungles. Richer tourists which spend a lot of money on holidays usually don't like that kind of mass tourism. I woud not like to see Albania following Montenegro tourism model.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #1155
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
I never said it was special. You said that you would not recommend anyone to ever go there.
But you have only visited a very small chunk of the 40 km stretch Durrės Coast is made up of. You have no clue where "Kepi i Rodonit" or "Bishti i Pallės" are and what the beaches there look like. So please inform yourself better next time before making hasty suppositions.
do you have any photos or infos about those nice beaches that you are mentioning?
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM   #1156
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
I am sure Albania is beautiful but what bugs me is that southern part of Balkan is transforming their beaches into concrete jungles. Richer tourists which spend a lot of money on holidays usually don't like that kind of mass tourism. I woud not like to see Albania following Montenegro tourism model.
and what is MNE model?
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:31 AM   #1157
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Just build as much as you can around the beach without any serious planning.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:03 AM   #1158
Shqiptario
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
do you have any photos or infos about those nice beaches that you are mentioning?
Some shots of "Cape Rodon"/" Kepi i Rodonit"...Located in northern part of Durrės

Old April 6th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #1159
Shqiptario
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
Just build as much as you can around the beach without any serious planning.
Only Durrės is like that.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #1160
Shqiptario
BANNED

The real paradise is in southern part of Albania...

Vlora

Ksamil islands,Sarandė

image hosted on flickr

Dhermi,Vlora

Between Vlorė&Sarandė

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane