daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM   #1461
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Yeah a lot of tourists from neighbouring countries are discovering southern Albania. Few years ago it was off limit. Biggest summer destinations are Durres, Vlore and Sarande. Too bad the north does not have something similar(it once did have Ulqin :P). Although the Bay of Shengjin between Shkodra & Lezhe has potential for development.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM   #1462
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
So its serious that from September this year, I can simply hop on the highway from Serbia's border with Albania and reach Drac in what, two and a half hours drive?
Unfortunately it will be longer than 2 and half hours from Serbian border....U have to pass through Republic of Kosova and then to Albania's border.Nearby. 6-7 hours.
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM   #1463
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqiptario View Post
Drac? is that an Mongrel name?

Maybe he meant Dracula.
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:21 AM   #1464
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMs View Post
You may find this funny. But our politicians in Albania are involved in the music industry. Especially during this election campaign.

Edi Rama(SP) made a hip-hop song. This is the counter response by Sali Berisha (DP).

It has some aerial videos of motorway Durres-Kukes.

Very good video ...thnx for sharing Dan.

Ps: Kjo kėnga ta shpif
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM   #1465
montesky
is Loading! Please wait..

Likes (Received): 236

albania is making an excellent progress with this highway. nowadays people are not avoiding albania and its roads any longer as they used to.
i have a question...are there any indications when the adriatic - ioninan highway section that goes through albania is going to start? there has been some rumours and articles in newspapers that construction of section of that highway through montenegro will start within one year or so, nevertheless it wont be fully functional until albania does not finish its part of the road.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM   #1466
zezi
is out there

Likes (Received): 2450

Quote:
What is Drac? Sounds like a Pita...
Serbian (and Croatian also) translation of town names
Drač - Durres
Tirana - Tirane
Skadar - Shkodėr

Last edited by zezi; June 22nd, 2009 at 11:54 AM.
zezi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM   #1467
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqiptario View Post
Unfortunately it will be longer than 2 and half hours from Serbian border....U have to pass through Republic of Kosova and then to Albania's border.Nearby. 6-7 hours.
Hehe, good one Shqiptario. CrazySerb is justifying his nickname once more.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 05:26 PM   #1468
Albaneren
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
What is Drac? Sounds like a Pita...
Drac eshte emri Durresit ne gjuhen sllave.
Albaneren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 05:38 PM   #1469
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesky View Post
albania is making an excellent progress with this highway. nowadays people are not avoiding albania and its roads any longer as they used to.
i have a question...are there any indications when the adriatic - ioninan highway section that goes through albania is going to start? there has been some rumours and articles in newspapers that construction of section of that highway through montenegro will start within one year or so, nevertheless it wont be fully functional until albania does not finish its part of the road.
I guess you're talking about the North - South Corridor which is 405 km in length and runs from the border point of Kakavijė (Gjirokastėr) all the way up to the border point of Hani i Hotit (Shkodėr).
There are only 2 segments left to complete the whole corridor. Levan - Tepelenė (70 km) started construction in May, and Shkodėr - Hani i Hotit (39 km) that starts construction very soon. The contract has already been signed and work should begin in the coming weeks.

Last edited by 7t; June 23rd, 2009 at 12:20 AM.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM   #1470
dpp33

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
It won't start for at least 6-7 years, Montenegro is building the motorway to Serbian border first.
dpp33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM   #1471
dpp33

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
I guess you're talking about the North - South Corridor which is 405 km in length and runs from the border point of Kakavijė (Gjirokastėr) all the way up to the border point of Hani i Hotit (Shkodėr).
There are only 2 segments left to complete the whole corridor. Levan - Tepelenė (70 km) started construction in May, and Shkodėr - Hani i Hotit (39 km) that starts construction very soon. The contract has already been signed and work should begin in the coming weeks.

[img]http://i39.************/8xqzjn.png[/img]
And from Shkoder to Milot (four lanes)? I think there is a lot of confusion here about what is a motorway. It has to have at least four lanes (preferably with a shoulder). Therefore, the road from Shkoder to Milot (or wherever it connects to Durres-Kukes motorway) is not a motorway. When people talk about the Adriatic-Ionian corridor they usually mean four lane motorway. I also think the Shkoder-Hani i Hotit segment will not be a motorway.
dpp33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 08:57 PM   #1472
ea1969
R21

Likes (Received): 188

Albania has made great steps into building a modern road network. The north - south project is indeed very useful as it will provide part of the link of the Croatian A1 with Greek A5.

However, I feel annoyed when looking the coloring on the map. Am I right to ask if those lighter shades indicate a "Greater Albania"? And why are those "border lines" within Greece? I hope that it is only an idea of me...
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM   #1473
montesky

the same thing came up to my mind as well.
you must admit that they are quite modest. montenegrin and macedonian capitals, half of serbia, macedonia, greece and montenegro hilarious!
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:45 PM   #1474
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
the same thing came up to my mind as well.
you must admit that they are quite modest. montenegrin and macedonian capitals, half of serbia, macedonia, greece and montenegro hilarious!
What's hilarious are your cheap little "jokes" here without knowing the facts; the coloring refers to the traffic that would potentialy choose Albania should that road be built. It has nothing to do with "Greater Albania" or anything of the sort. Go heal your frustrations elsewhere.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:51 PM   #1475
montesky

please pay attention to the map and tell me what lighter gray color represents?
i do think that i'm right and that i can speak on the behalf of ea1969 as well
perhaps we should give 7t a chance to explain himself
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:52 PM   #1476
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
please pay attention to the map and tell me what lighter gray color represents?
The color is green, and as you can tell, there are shades of light green in northern Albania as well. Maybe Albania is trying to annex its own territory...
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM   #1477
Justme78783
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

HE JUST DID ... THATS WHAT THE COLORING REFERS TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
What's hilarious are your cheap little "jokes" here without knowing the facts; the coloring refers to the traffic that would potentialy choose Albania should that road be built. It has nothing to do with "Greater Albania" or anything of the sort. Go heal your frustrations elsewhere.
Justme78783 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:56 PM   #1478
montesky

whatever...give me a brake
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:56 PM   #1479
ea1969
R21

Likes (Received): 188

I hope so. But I am still puzzled with the border lines within Greece as well.

And also would anybody explain how this corridor might serve Southern Serbia rather than the E75?
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:58 PM   #1480
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea1969 View Post
I hope so. But I am still puzzled with the border lines within Greece as well.

And also would anybody explain how this corridor might serve Southern Serbia rather than the E75?
You know, there's always the possibility that someone was making up potential traffic volumes just to justify the road. Not everything needs to be some big conspiracy against Greece.

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane