daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:45 AM   #1501
tamarrsha

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Milo was also present at the ceremony.
This common border point is the first of its kind by the way. Similar transit stations will be constructed for the other 11 border points between Albania and her neighbours.

All this zeal to cut that piece of red tape into pieces! They remind me of my 1 year old nephew!
tamarrsha no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM   #1502
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
New border point between Albania and Montenegro was recently inaugurated. Murriqan - Sukobinė links Shkodėr with the coastal town of Ulqin:

[IMG]http://i40.************/awyn4n.jpg[/IMG]
Nice
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM   #1503
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
New border point between Albania and Montenegro was recently inaugurated. Murriqan - Sukobinė links Shkodėr with the coastal town of Ulqin:

[IMG]http://i40.************/awyn4n.jpg[/IMG]
Very good; it looked horrible last year. I hope that Montenegro also rebuilt their part.
snupix está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:00 AM   #1504
Shqiptario
BANNED

Bridges of Kukės-Morinė segment(Near at Kosova's border)

Last edited by Shqiptario; June 23rd, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:09 PM   #1505
Uhepper
freelance

Hi guys,

I've been reading these posts (a lot of them off topic unfortunately) but didn't find any useful info about status of the roads in Northern parts. I'm planning to visit beautiful Albania this summer and I would like to go for some mountaneering. Does anybody know how good is the road to Valbone valley in the North (from Fierze thru Bajram Curri-Dragobi to Valbona)? Where can I find info about ferry boat from Koman - Fierze (timetable, prices,...). Is it possible to go by road from Koman to Fierze?
And from Valbona - is there a passage (road for normal car not 4x4) over the hills to Thethi valley? Any info or even better - pictures - would be nice.

And finally are there any camping places all over Albania?

Thanks in advance for your comments or suggestions.

Br, Uhepper
Uhepper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM   #1506
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhepper View Post
Hi guys,

I've been reading these posts (a lot of them off topic unfortunately) but didn't find any useful info about status of the roads in Northern parts. I'm planning to visit beautiful Albania this summer and I would like to go for some mountaneering. Does anybody know how good is the road to Valbone valley in the North (from Fierze thru Bajram Curri-Dragobi to Valbona)? Where can I find info about ferry boat from Koman - Fierze (timetable, prices,...). Is it possible to go by road from Koman to Fierze?
And from Valbona - is there a passage (road for normal car not 4x4) over the hills to Thethi valley? Any info or even better - pictures - would be nice.

Br, Uhepper
Hi there,

The road that leads to the beautiful Valbona Valley was recently finished. It links Bajram Curri with Margjegaj:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Unfortunately there are no direct road links that connect Valbonė with Theth and Koman with Fierzė. At least not at the moment.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM   #1507
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

What's the road between Shkodėr and Kukės like?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM   #1508
DanMs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Hi guys,

Br, Uhepper

How long is this newly constructed road to Valbona? The north is not that easily accessible by car. But things are changing for the better.Also, it seems to me that a lot of people take the little ferry from Koman to Fierze.

I dont know how reliable this data is:

The car ferry from Koman departs daily at 09:30, arriving in Fierze at 11:30. Tickets are 400 lek per person and 1200 lek per square metre of car. The ferry from Fierze to Koman departs at 06:30, arriving at 08:30 – which means there's no option to return the same day unless you drive across the good but winding mountain roads to Fushe-Arrez and then either back to Shkodra or on to Tirana, arriving in the late afternoon. There are also private passenger boats making the crossing, departing from Koman at 09:00 and 09:15 (arriving in Fierze at respectively 11:00 and 11:15); the Fierze-Koman trips are at 06:30 and 06:45 (arriving in Koman at respectively 08:30 and 08:45). Tickets are 300 lek. These private boats can also be rented out for shorter return trips.
To get to Koman by bus, take a furgon from the crossing of Rruga Skenderbeg and Rruga Marin Barleti; departures are at 06:30, 07:00 and 07:30 (all arriving in time for the ferry), and 12:00 and 13:30. The ride takes 1hr 15mins and costs 300 lek. Furgons go back to Shkodra at 08:00, 09:00 and 09:30.
http://www.inyourpocket.com/albania/...man_ferry.html
DanMs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:13 PM   #1509
Uhepper
freelance

Tnx 7t and DanMs. Is there some web info (albanian page) for Koman - Fierze ferryboat?

Br, Uhepper
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:23 PM   #1510
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Funny, I've never heard of a ferry where you had to pay for the number of m² of your car. Mostly the price is determined by the weight of your car.
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #1511
7t

I just did a checkup on the Ministry of Transportation website and it looks like they've already announced the open tender for the construction of the Koman - Fierzė segment.

[IMG]http://i42.************/2yzd7rb.png[/IMG]
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #1512
Shqiptario
BANNED

"Arbėri" road....Tiranė-Dibėr-Skopje

[IMG]http://i41.************/2mcg64j.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.************/nvp1xg.jpg[/IMG]
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #1513
Uhepper
freelance

@7T : I cannot find the place Margjegaj?? Is it in Valbona valley (N from Bajram Curri), or before (from Fierze to Bajram Curri)?

Br, Uhepper
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #1514
Uhepper
freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Funny, I've never heard of a ferry where you had to pay for the number of m² of your car. Mostly the price is determined by the weight of your car.
Probably becasue of limited space on ferry. Btw, is there a reservation needed for this ferry (end of July/begin of August) and where to book? Or it's not so crowdy and is just "plug'n'play"

Br, Uhepper
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #1515
Uhepper
freelance

Someone posted this picture (as link):
http://www.albcampers.org/en/uploads...nia%20copy.jpg

Anybody knows how many km would that be altogether?

Br, Uhepper
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #1516
7t

Quote:
@7T : I cannot find the place Margjegaj?? Is it in Valbona valley (N from Bajram Curri), or before (from Fierze to Bajram Curri)?

Br, Uhepper
Sorry mate, wrong typo. It's the municipality of Margegaj.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margegaj
This segment is 13 km long and is part of the road segment that links Bajram Curri with Valbona and its surrounding villages.
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #1517
7t

What a view

image hosted on flickr
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #1518
dpp33

Likes (Received): 68

So to recapitulate: All the motorways (four lanes) that will be in traffic in Albania at the beginning of next year are:

Milot-somewhere before Kukes
Durres-Tirane
Durres-Vlore

Am I right?
dpp33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #1519
Justme78783
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpp33 View Post
So to recapitulate: All the motorways (four lanes) that will be in traffic in Albania at the beginning of next year are:

Milot-somewhere before Kukes
Durres-Tirane
Durres-Vlore

Am I right?
It is Millot-kallimash
Tirana-durres ( it was repaved this year)
Durres- Lushnje
Lushnje-Fier ( all these 2x2 are already in traffic and durres kukes will be inagurated tomorrow .. so basically you do not have to w8 the beginning of the new year )

Fier - Levan ( Vlore ) and Levan ( Vlore ) - Tepelene works have started but i do not know when they will be finished !

Then from tepelene to gjirokaster there is a very modern and comfortable 1x2 ( i know it cause i am from there )

And from gjirokaster to sarande a 2x2 is buing built right now .. !

It is worth mentioning ... that exept tirana durres all the other roads that i mentioned above have started in the last 2 years .. !

So in 1 year max 2 from now you will have the oportunity to go e.g from kosova to sarande in less than 6 hours ... ! Which is very very good

OR from kosova to durres in about 3 hours max ...

Justme78783 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #1520
Justme78783
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

And btw they are many more projects in albania that are under construction this year ... but their importance is not as huge as of the ones mentioned above

E.g the Coastal road between saranda and vlora has been reconstructed and works stoped 2 days ago ( i mean it comletely finished 2 days ago )

I ve gotta say that the rulling party of Albania ( PD ) has done a tremendous work in road / motorway construction these 2 last years ...
Justme78783 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipėria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane