daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 25th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #161
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
No problem! One of the things Hungarian nationalists (and even some Hungarian history books) say is that we Romanians left Transylvania, migrated into Albania, established a cultural identity there and then returned, but they found that the "empty land" was already settled by Hungarians. Most Romanians would vehemently disagree, I thought you were testing my attention . I usually take history issues & disagreements like these very lightly.
Well,as I learned,the core was hungarian from our "incoming",with very mixed population,and only the border area that the Carpathians form were captured,and were entirely romanian. but this is history,no point arguing about that. It is like the french claiming elsachse(did I wrote correctly?)...clearly german architecture,still,they insisted on that there are mainly french residents...same here...it can not be decided,both of us were there.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #162
RawLee

what do you think about albanian roads? (just for the sake of staying on topic)

Last edited by RawLee; August 25th, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #163
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
how come you have construction pics about albanian stuff?
The credit for the posting here goes to 7t, I only posted stuff on the Romanian thread, you can check it out also if you like.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #164
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
The credit for the posting here goes to 7t, I only posted stuff on the Romanian thread, you can check it out also if you like.
Believe me or not,I read almost all EE/balkans thread usually. I'm interested especially in the Transylvanian motorway. There are more activity in your part of SSC,than in CE,mostly because czechs and slovaks dont really use english.
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #165
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post

but lets keep at least half of our discussion on topic...how many tunnels will be on the route shown above(whith the tunnel)?
Only 1 tunnel, approximately 5.65 km long.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #166
kucksi
nemtudom

Likes (Received): 0

well well, this thread seems to turn out to be a hungarian language course or what ? lol
Old August 26th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #167
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucksi View Post
well well, this thread seems to turn out to be a hungarian language course or what ? lol
I tried not to hijack it entirely and I dont have the intention to do so.
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #168
7t

Just to give an overall summary of what's happening and what will take place in the future. There are a total of 7 highways currently under construction. There are an additional 6 highways expected to start construction within the next 12 months. 4 of them will most likely be concession highways. Most notably Berat - Tepelenë segment and Milot - Rrogozhinë. The latter has important significance and there are plans to make it a 6 lane highway. It would connect Durrës - Morinë segment with Fier - Vlorë highway down south. So, it would be the linking route for 2 of Albania's future most important highways.
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #169
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9428

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Just to give an overall summary of what's happening and what will take place in the future. There are a total of 7 highways currently under construction. There are an additional 6 highways expected to start construction within the next 12 months. 4 of them will most likely be concession highways. Most notably Berat - Tepelenë segment and Milot - Rrogozhinë. The latter has important significance and there are plans to make it a 6 lane highway. It would connect Durrës - Morinë segment with Fier - Vlorë highway down south. So, it would be the linking route for 2 of Albania's future most important highways.
What will be the total length of the Albanian Motorway/highway system when finished? I mean the first stage. Not about 30 years from now...

Could You please post a map... (I haven't read the earlier pages, so if there is a map there, don't be angry...)

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #170
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Are there any plans of extending the highway system towards the boarder with Montenegro through Shkodër?

If yes, when is it going to be finished?

II. János Pál pápa
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #171
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
What will be the total length of the Albanian Motorway/highway system when finished? I mean the first stage. Not about 30 years from now...

Could You please post a map... (I haven't read the earlier pages, so if there is a map there, don't be angry...)
I dont have the map but calculating all the projects we have for now it totals to over 400 km of highway easily.
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #172
7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Are there any plans of extending the highway system towards the boarder with Montenegro through Shkodër?

If yes, when is it going to be finished?
Shkodër - Han i Hotit segment is already on the works

Old August 27th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #173
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
I dont have the map but calculating all the projects we have for now it totals to over 400 km of highway easily.
It seems, Albania is doin' a hell of a job... Although its sad You have a shortage on pics...

II. János Pál pápa
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #174
7t

Albanian road renovations to spur economic growth, tourism

Albania has become a construction site. The Balkan country is making a major push to improve its road infrastructure, after decades of isolation and a long period of transition. The former communist regime left it with a poor road and highway system. In the 17 years since democracy was restored, the infrastructure still not has been brought up to European standards. With the country aspiring to join the EU, this has to change.

In all, Albania has roughly 18,000km of road, of which 3,636km are national roads. Over the last several years, the government has invested in national highways running east-west and north-south. According to Finance Minister Ridvan Bode, of the $800m earmarked for public investments next year, the majority will go towards improving roads.

One of the main projects that is currently under way is the construction of the Durres-Kukes-Morine Highway. It starts in Durres -- the main Albanian port, 35km from Tirana -- and ends in Morine, more than 200km northeast of the capital. The project, which also includes a 7km-tunnel, is being implemented by the Turkish-US consortium Bechtel-Enka.

Currently, it takes up to six hours to reach Kukes from Durres. The new, 170km road will be a connection point with Kosovo. After it is completed, the estimated travel time will be only two hours.

"The objective is to improve traffic flow, reduce transport costs and contribute to a reduction in the rate of accidents," transport ministry sources say.

In September, however, the project found itself at the centre of a heated political debate, as several high officials connected to it were arrested on corruption charges. Deputy Transport Minister Nikolin Jaka, Director General of Roads Bashkim Kamberi and junior officials at the transport ministry stand accused of rigging tenders.

Most of those arrested belong to the Christian Democratic Party, a junior member of Prime Minister Sali Berisha's ruling coalition. With prosecutors saying they also wish to question Foreign Minister Lulzim Basha -- whose former post was at the transport ministry -- the scandal could reach the highest levels of the current administration.

The scandal hasn't halted construction, and the highway is still expected to be finished by 2009.

Early this month, Berisha was in the United States, where he received fresh pledges of World Bank support. In particular, the Bank has promised to back an upcoming secondary roads scheme, as well as the Durres-Morine Highway.

"We see this project [Durres-Morine] as very important both for Albania and Kosovo," the World Bank Director of the Southeast Europe Country Unit, Orsalia Kalantzopoulos, said.

Another priority item is Albania's section of Corridor 8, one of ten Trans-European Corridors intended to facilitate the exchange of goods, people, oil and other energy supplies among the EU, the Balkan states and central Asia. In addition to promoting economic and commercial development, it is hoped that these Corridors will help improve stability in a region that has long been troubled.

Corridor 8 connects the Adriatic and Black seas. It starts at the Italian ports of Bari and Brindisi and ends in Burgas and Varna in Bulgaria. Along the way, it passes through Durres, Tirana, Skopje and Sofia. Three sections are now under construction in Albania -- Librazhd-Qafe Thane, Lushnje-Fier and Levan-Vlore.

The government is also intent on moving ahead with a north-south highway. Sometimes referred to as the Adriatic-Ionian highway, it will form part of a larger regional highway connecting Croatia with Greece, via the coast. Albania is constructing three segments: Levan-Tepelene, Tepelene-Gjirokaster and Shkoder-Han i Hotit.

"These are the segments which will get the main funds from the budget. With a new strategy we aim to speed up the investment's rhythm for the period 2007-2008," Bode said.

Officials say the major projects -- Durres-Morine, Corridor 8 and the Adriatic-Ionian -- should be largely complete by 2010. At that point, Albania will have an estimated 759km of highway linking it with its neighbours.

Besides the World Bank, international donors involved in the rehabilitation of Albania's road network include the EU, the EBRD, the Central European Initiative, the Italian, American, Albanian and Greek governments, the European Investment Bank and the Bank of Kuwait.

Roads are not the only major infrastructural issue Albania has to deal with. Albanians would like to see it become a tourist destination and capitalize on its potential as one of the undiscovered countries of Europe. However, this requires an upgrade in facilities. Electricity is shifty and hotels are in short supply.

Visitors to the country do, at least, receive an impressive welcome. A completely redesigned Tirana International Airport was finished in March. The new terminal, with its sophisticated architectural design, has the capacity to process more than a million passengers annually. The terminal not only sets a new standard in terms of performance and functionality, but also in terms of architecture in Albania, and represents a special contribution to the urban renewal of the city.

Kukes airport is expected to open in early 2008, making it the second civilian airport in Albania. Earlier this year the Italian government promised that it would help rebuild the airport in Gjirkoastra. The airport will function in both a civilian and military capacity.

Currently, there are two feasibility studies being conducted for airports in Vlora and Korca. A plan for an airport at Saranda has been completed, but so far there is no known investor willing to put in money.

According to Toronto's Globe and Mail, Albania currently accounts for only 0.1% of tourism in Europe. It may be years before the country can significantly improve that figure, though the needed steps are finally being taken. Meanwhile, those who do come are getting a glimpse of treasures that someday may be more widely known.

http://www.balkantimes.com/cocoon/se...5/reportage-01
Old October 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #175
Zanovijetalo

Quote:
[B]

The government is also intent on moving ahead with a north-south highway. Sometimes referred to as the Adriatic-Ionian highway, it will form part of a larger regional highway connecting Croatia with Greece, via the coast. Albania is constructing three segments: Levan-Tepelene, Tepelene-Gjirokaster and Shkoder-Han i Hotit.
Next year the Croatian part of A-I motorway will reach Ploče (100km north of Dubrovnik), so it appears in a few years or so (perhaps 5?) the motorway could become a reality. It will remodel a whole region, connecting Greece, Albania, Montenegro, parts of Bosnia, Croatia with the rest of Europe.

[IMG]http://i24.************/qn6ywy.jpg[/IMG]
Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #176
7t

Croatian company Konstruktor Engineering could be the likely candidate to built the 65 km Milot - Rrogozhinë segment.
Like i mentioned earlier, it would be a concession highway which would obviously include tolls. The cost of the project would total 350 million euros and if everything goes as planned construction could start by spring of next year.
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #177
BanLuka
BANNED

Sarande-Tirane

Pics from another thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by vari karin View Post

BanLuka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #178
BanLuka
BANNED

from another thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by vari karin View Post

Old October 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #179
BanLuka
BANNED

Old October 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #180
hercegovac_nin0
stress op sommige hier

Likes (Received): 3

omg:O
In de avond gaan we verder een feest is wat je ziet dus,Alle pappies en alle mammies bouncen op de beat en,in de avond gaan we verder een feest is wat je ziet dus,Alle pappies en alle mammies, iedereen geniet.
Den Haag on SCC
hercegovac_nin0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, balkan, highway, iliria-shqipëria, illyria, motorways, road, tirane