daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #2441
maldini

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMiler View Post
Why do you ask us? I thought you were the expert on CRH3, enough to claim that manufacturer's official speed rating is false and those trains could be sped up to 350 km without compromising safety thanks to the ingenuity of Chinese engineers making necessary modifications?
what an anti-Chinese racist you are? You behavior is beyond reasonable, and should be banned soon. What a loser you are?
China's new technology is causing a lot of jealousy from you, hahaha.
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #2442
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Please ban this troll.
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #2443
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post
what an anti-Chinese racist you are? You behavior is beyond reasonable, and should be banned soon. What a loser you are?
China's new technology is causing a lot of jealousy from you, hahaha.
Leave him alone, he's on a point of no return, and will self-destruct in his own flame of hatred.

By the way it's now official that both a rabid anti-chinese racist and a chinese nationalist firmly convinced that I am an indian with a mission to defame china, both of them want me banned.. just goes to show how hard it is to occupy the neutral position on this forum.
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #2444
HyperMiler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel74 View Post
Leave him alone, he's on a point of no return, and will self-destruct in his own flame of hatred.
Sorry to prove you wrong, since I harbor no hate, only concerns for safety of Chinese product.

Quote:
By the way it's now official that both a rabid anti-chinese racist and a chinese nationalist firmly convinced that I am an indian with a mission to defame china, both of them want me banned..
That proves that you are a world class troll, who manages to inflame both pro-Chinese product and anti-Chinese product crowd.
HyperMiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 05:32 AM   #2445
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
I heard that the firm that bought the E2 technology ("North-Rail"?) was more technically competent than the firm that bought the Velaro technology ("South-Rail"), so that, even though Velaro is newer technology than E2, South-Rail has greater difficulty than North-Rail to digest what they bought and improve upon it. Does that explain why the next generation CRH2 came out while nothing is known yet about the next generation CRH3?
Interesting. Sifang Locomotive (which apparently built this CRH380 prototype) also has the E2 license, so it's quite natural that characteristics of the E2 design will show up on this new unit.

On another forum there was a picture of the rear end of this unit. The carbody has a square profile, showing the shinkansen influence. Scroll down to fourth picture:

http://www.mitbbs.com/article_t/Military/33724615.html
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #2446
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

A mock-up is just a mock-up.
Until they actually start testing, I don't think anything can be said as fact.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:26 AM   #2447
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

It is not a "mock up" tough judging from the pictures.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #2448
SamuraiBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
It is not a "mock up" tough judging from the pictures.
What is it then a paper tiger?
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #2449
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

In my (very ) amateur opinion, it looks more than a mock-up, judging by fittings, but perhaps less than an operating prototype. Need to see a complete trainset. Hopefully more info will be forthcoming with the opening of Expo 2010 starting next month (I assume that's where these pictures were taken).

*Edit- confirm that pictures taken at China Railway Pavilion on Expo Site. Note background building.

http://en.expo2010.cn/c/en_qy_tpl_104.htm#zgld

http://www.echinacities.com/special/...nt.aspx?n=4454

Last edited by k.k.jetcar; April 28th, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #2450
maldini

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMiler View Post
I make the same request to throw Ariel out.

He is making things up with unsubstantiated claims about safety of Chinese high speed rails to flame this topic while I back mine with official specification and official quotes to prove that they are speeding beyond limit and compromising safety in the process.

I am talking about the safety of Chinese practice of speeding trains beyond manufacturer imposed speed limit.

Throw Ariel out, problem solved.
nah, your arguments do not have logic or reasoning at all. You allegations are baseless and without evidence.
The Chinese high speed railway have been tested to the highest standards.
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #2451
Ariel74

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post
In my (very ) amateur opinion, it looks more than a mock-up, judging by fittings, but perhaps less than an operating prototype. Need to see a complete trainset. Hopefully more info will be forthcoming with the opening of Expo 2010 starting next month (I assume that's where these pictures were taken).

*Edit- confirm that pictures taken at China Railway Pavilion on Expo Site. Note background building.

http://en.expo2010.cn/c/en_qy_tpl_104.htm#zgld

http://www.echinacities.com/special/...nt.aspx?n=4454

I don't know if this is relevant, but notice the light blue painting on the bogie. Most of the bogies I have seen on an operational train have the darker "natural" color of steel. If so, this could be an indication that we are not looking at the real thing entirely.

After all, the rolling-stocks don't have to be ready until 2011, when the Beijing-Shanghai line will be completed.
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #2452
SamuraiBlue

Quote:
I don't know if this is relevant, but notice the light blue painting on the bogie. Most of the bogies I have seen on an operational train have the darker "natural" color of steel. If so, this could be an indication that we are not looking at the real thing entirely.

After all, the rolling-stocks don't have to be ready until 2011, when the Beijing-Shanghai line will be completed.
Again this really doesn't make sense.
If you need them in 2011 when do propose to test the trains?
It takes more than a year to actually test anything especially a completely new designed train.
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #2453
Ariel74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiBlue View Post
If you need them in 2011 when do propose to test the trains?
It takes more than a year to actually test anything especially a completely new designed train.
I am sure prototypes must have existed for a long time, but if they are still busy adjusting and modifying, then most likely they won't be able to show the final model yet.

Whatever is the case with the current development stage, what do you think of the light blue paint on the bogie?
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #2454
SamuraiBlue

Quote:
I am sure prototypes must have existed for a long time, but if they are still busy adjusting and modifying, then most likely they won't be able to show the final model yet.

Whatever is the case with the current development stage, what do you think of the light blue paint on the bogie?
Your guess is good as mine.
One thing I can say is that if they do have a working proto-type which they should according to the dates you had given, I believe they will be showing at least a Promo vid within the pavilion for PR (and bragging rights).
After all that is what world fairs are for.
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #2455
HyperMiler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
If you need them in 2011 when do propose to test the trains? It takes more than a year to actually test anything especially a completely new designed train.
The work on CRH380 must have begun after Chinese engineers working on localization of E2 as CRH2 completed their work, probably around early 2009.

What you see is indeed a mock up with parts taken(or replicated) from CRH2 and CRH3, and does not represent a rolling model.

A rolling prototype won't come out until the end of next year at the earliest, and Chinese would need a couple year of testing on an accelerated schedule, so 2013 is the earliest date CRH380 could enter service on Chinese lines.
HyperMiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #2456
foxmulder

Quote:
What is it then a paper tiger?
You are funny...

"Mock ups" are just models. This clearly has real parts. Especially, look at the picture of the axles. It might not be a "running" one but it sure is more than a model.
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #2457
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

The mock-up in shown in the pictures was an attempt to increase the operating speed of the CRH2 family of trains by streamlineing the train's design by incorporating some structural characterstics from the CRH3. I've been looking for pictures of this design for some time now.

However, I believe this modification have produced little improvements upon the orignal design.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #2458
SamuraiBlue

Quote:
You are funny...

"Mock ups" are just models. This clearly has real parts. Especially, look at the picture of the axles. It might not be a "running" one but it sure is more than a model.
Nope, a lot of mock ups use off the shelf parts to give it a make-up job. (It's actually cheaper this way since you don't need to make things from scratch)
The Z8 in 007 movie was a mock-up using Ford parts because BMW was not able to provide a moving proto-type in time.
Even clay models uses real tires.
Since we don't have actual specs we won't know for sure but if it's based on Japanese design philosophy then all carts would probably be motorized which I believe this one is not.
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #2459
foxmulder

This picture suggests that this thing possible attached to another car.

Also I like the comments here ;

Quote:
Title: New Chinese HSR design
Post by: bikkuri bahn on April 26, 2010, 06:42:59 AM
The CRH 380 type has been revealed. I suppose this is the "fully Chinese designed" trainset/technology we've been told about. Is it just me, or do the lines look strangely familiar???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/crh380/

Title: Re: New Chinese HSR design
Post by: Nozomi on April 26, 2010, 06:51:27 AM
Looks like a cross of the E5 and 500 Series Shinkansen.....

Post by: bikkuri bahn on April 26, 2010, 09:35:30 AM
The bogies look similar to Siemens SF500 type:

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20070908204842

*for all I know, they may have a license to use the design or elements of it

Post by: Shashinka on April 26, 2010, 12:42:10 PM
Looks a bit like the FasTech to me.

Post by: Kumo on April 26, 2010, 02:09:01 PM
For me it's a bit of a mix between the 500 and the 800 (tsubame) series.
But without the Shinkansen touch I love on both of them...
(witch train could even come close to the 500 design anyway?!)

There is also a bit of the recent Swiss Pendolino ETR 600.

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...1_Biel1_08.jpg)

Post by: to2leo on April 26, 2010, 02:58:00 PM
It's a United Nations sort of design using similar design softwares, it's just like car designs these days...but that's another story.

The train type is called Harmony after all. :cheesy

Just observing from China's and Korea's past attempts in developing its own high speed trains, I think it will be a while (maybe short while?) before Korea and then China can develop a reliable model.

Post by: CaptOblivious on April 26, 2010, 07:13:48 PM
So funny. There are clearly elements of the 500 (cockpit), 800 (conical nose), E2 (tapering around the cockpit), 700 (flaring around the trucks). Which just goes to show there are only a handful of ways to solve particular design problems. And yet, it really does appear distinctive (in that, it doesn't appear to blatantly copy any existing Japanese design). It's not got the grace of many of the Japanese cab designs, but I like it.

Post by: alpineaustralia on April 27, 2010, 01:53:37 AM
you forgot the nose of the E5

Post by: Shashinka on April 27, 2010, 02:57:24 AM
Don't forget side window profile of the Raomancecar 50000
It looks, CRH380 might be a nice synthesis.
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #2460
Nozumi 300

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
This picture suggests that this thing possible attached to another car.

It looks, CRH380 might be a nice synthesis.
Judging from that photo, its possible that this prototype needed a locomotive to haul it out from the manfacturer to a transfer station to transfer it to a roadbed so it can be transported to the expo. Hence the need for a coupler, but this is just a guess.
Nozumi 300 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed train, rail, tgv