daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #2541
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
This is Chinese design with Chinese parts, together with much better railway tracks and signaling systems, their performance is above the Japanese.
OK, fine. The Chinese HSR system benefits from being new and subject to stupendous government spending, making everyone else envious. But no need to compare everything to Japanese systems, just say "world leading" or something- constant references to "being better than Japan" reveals more about internal inferiority complexes than anything else.

Quote:
Now, the Japanese are trying to copy from the Chinese, as the Chinese highspeed railway system is better.
Now this tidbit is new to me- any verifiable proof that Japanese railways are doing such things, or is this pure speculation/opinion like our mutual friend "HM"?
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #2542
Bandit

Likes (Received): 6

I see the stink from the US HSR thread has reached in here. Stink always accompanies insecurity.
Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #2543
maldini

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post
OK, fine. The Chinese HSR system benefits from being new and subject to stupendous government spending, making everyone else envious. But no need to compare everything to Japanese systems, just say "world leading" or something- constant references to "being better than Japan" reveals more about internal inferiority complexes than anything else.

Now this tidbit is new to me- any verifiable proof that Japanese railways are doing such things, or is this pure speculation/opinion like our mutual friend "HM"?
I understand what you mean, but someone else above started to compare China's CRH380 with the Japanese highspeed system.
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #2544
Knuddel Knutsch

Likes (Received): 286

It doesnt make sence to discuss such a difficult topic as rail safety in a forum like this.

The germans know what they are doing. So do the French and the Japanese.

Realtity will show who was right in the end....
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #2545
dumbfword
Habitual Line Stepper

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I see the stink from the US HSR thread has reached in here. Stink always accompanies insecurity.
Yeah. Because it's always the USA.
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #2546
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuddel Knutsch View Post
The germans know what they are doing.
Except those times when they don't. Fractured axles anyone?
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #2547
sasalove

Likes (Received): 0

Youtube Videos

sasalove no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #2548
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

deleted
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #2549
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Great post sasalove. Thanks. I love how stable those trains at 350km/h.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #2550
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
CHR380 is a Chinese design.
Most of things Chinese claim to be of "Chinese design" aren't Chinese designs. China is a country whose government freely pirates jet fighters and spaceships, so what harm done in pirating a bullet train design? That's nothing.

CRH380 was created by coupling a face-lifted Shinkansen E2 body with Velaro CN's bogies. The only thing uniquely Chinese about CHR380 is that Chinese could imagine such a Frankenstein of bullet train.

Quote:
Religion is nothing more than an illusion created and believed by mortals like you.
I was talking about ethics code aspect of religion. China is free of western ethics system, so you should not expect Chinese to behave in a manner you would expect from an individual originating from a western society.

Quote:
It is sad that you are almost praying for an accident in China
I don't have to pray for it to happen; it is bound to happen.

Quote:
just to write "I told you so" in case an accident occurred.
There are a lot of people who would write that, not just me.

Quote:
Which holly institution should certify CRH380 for 380km/h???
Chinese institution, of course.

Quote:
Do you think Chinese do not have such standards..
Chinese standard doesn't mean anything outside of China.

Quote:
And there is absolutely nothing you can do about this
And wait for the headline that reads "500 people dead from a Chinese bullet train accident"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post
nah, the Chinese imported the first batch of trains. There was no need to copy, because they bought the trains with money.
They were "licensed", not "bought".

Licenses come with usage restrictions, which is conveniently disregarded by the Chinese railway companies and rolling stock manufacturers. I notice from other discussions that Chinese do not understand this "usage restriction" concept. They think they could do anything they want with the design they "bought"(The word "Licensed" is understood to be a synonym to word "Bought" in mainland China).

Quote:
After that they did their research and development and made their own substantial improvements to the trains. This is Chinese design with Chinese parts
No it isn't. That's called the Chinese modifications to an existing foreign design, which is still governed by the terms of original licensing contract.

In order for China to produce a "completely Chinese" train, they must undertake the engineering from scratch. Modification alone isn't good enough.

Quote:
The Chinese are now setting the necessary quality and reliability standards for 380km/h, not the Japanese.

Quote:
Now, the Japanese are trying to copy from the Chinese
Now everyone else here can see that you are a crack smoker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel74 View Post
Except those times when they don't. Fractured axles anyone?
Yes, the effect of mechanical fatigue doesn't show until years of operation.

This is why Chinese trains are disasters waiting to happen, with all the speeding beyond their design limits.
HyperMiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #2551
bobke90

Likes (Received): 2

I see in this films that the ranging is 2+3. I didn't know that. Is that in all trains of China? A train of this kind must be larger than?
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #2552
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobke90 View Post
I see in this films that the ranging is 2+3. I didn't know that. Is that in all trains of China? A train of this kind must be larger than?
Chinese adopted Shinkansen's physical dimension of 3400 mm in width, as opposed to European standard of less than 3000 mm in width.
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #2553
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMiler View Post

This is why Chinese trains are disasters waiting to happen, with all the speeding beyond their design limits.
So are you saying that those trains will not be maintained and checked for potential faults? It makes sense that using trains at higher speeds wears them off (as well as consumes more energy) quicker but doesn't it mean that they will simply have to be maintained and fixed more often? Why are you so certain that the only outcome is a "disaster" and simply not a more often maintenance work? Do you think those who are responsible for running such a service and investing hundreds of billions of US$ into the system are that stupid and incompetent not to understand that and allow for accidents to happen? Doesn't sound very credible, does it.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #2554
carrot1

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Most of things Chinese claim to be of "Chinese design" aren't Chinese designs. China is a country whose government freely pirates jet fighters and spaceships, so what harm done in pirating a bullet train design? That's nothing.

CRH380 was created by coupling a face-lifted Shinkansen E2 body with Velaro CN's bogies. The only thing uniquely Chinese about CHR380 is that Chinese could imagine such a Frankenstein of bullet train.

I was talking about ethics code aspect of religion. China is free of western ethics system, so you should not expect Chinese to behave in a manner you would expect from an individual originating from a western society.

I don't have to pray for it to happen; it is bound to happen.

There are a lot of people who would write that, not just me.

Chinese institution, of course.

And wait for the headline that reads "500 people dead from a Chinese bullet train accident"?

They were "licensed", not "bought".

Licenses come with usage restrictions, which is conveniently disregarded by the Chinese railway companies and rolling stock manufacturers. I notice from other discussions that Chinese do not understand this "usage restriction" concept. They think they could do anything they want with the design they "bought"(The word "Licensed" is understood to be a synonym to word "Bought" in mainland China).

No it isn't. That's called the Chinese modifications to an existing foreign design, which is still governed by the terms of original licensing contract.

In order for China to produce a "completely Chinese" train, they must undertake the engineering from scratch. Modification alone isn't good enough.

Now everyone else here can see that you are a crack smoker.

Yes, the effect of mechanical fatigue doesn't show until years of operation.

carrot1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #2555
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
So are you saying that those trains will not be maintained and checked for potential faults?
That is if you trust the quality of Chinese inspection.

Quote:
Why are you so certain that the only outcome is a "disaster" and simply not a more often maintenance work?
You are suggesting Chinese would inspect their trains three to four times as intensively as Europeans and Japanese. Something that's hard to believe.

Quote:
Do you think those who are responsible for running such a service and investing hundreds of billions of US$ into the system are that stupid and incompetent not to understand that and allow for accidents to happen?
Chinese did not design the tracks and trains of China's high speed railways; they haven't been using the high speed railway system long enough to understand.

Quote:
Doesn't sound very credible, does it.
Yes it does, a very accurate description of Chinese railway operation.
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #2556
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot1 View Post
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #2557
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 382

Quote:
Show me a single official declaration of this, together with a lawsuit.

Both Kawasaki and Siemens sold their technology together with the trains.

All major manufacturers are still dying to sell their stuff to Chinese.

So, basically, you are just lying.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #2558
Peloso

Likes (Received): 247

HyperTroll is a weirdo and that's for sure, what I don't understand is why the mods are not intervening and are letting him derail a thread that was most interesting before his appearance. Constant off-topic... repetitive tirades... massive posts... does not seem to care about a thing except sowing bullshit in this thread... 24/24 on alert to object to any sensible observation...
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #2559
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
Show me a single official declaration of this
http://www.chinaeconomicreview.com/d...ogy_theft.html

Quote:
JR Central head blasts China on rail safety, technology theft
April 6, 2010
Yoshiyuki Kasai, the chairman of Japan Central Railway (JR Central; 9022.TYO), accused China of stealing foreign technology and ignoring safety precautions, the Financial Times reported.
Quote:
together with a lawsuit.
It's pointless to file an IP theft lawsuit in China. Do expect legal actions when Chinese attempt to market CRH380 in the US.

Quote:
Both Kawasaki and Siemens sold their technology together with the trains.
You are telling us Siemens SOLD Velaro tech to the Chinese? You mean their bread and butter product?

What's wrong with Chinese who can't distinguish between a sale and a license???

Quote:
So, basically, you are just lying.
Look who's proven to be clueless.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #2560
HyperMiler
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloso View Post
what I don't understand is why the mods are not intervening and are letting him derail a thread that was most interesting before his appearance.
Perhaps because you are the troll who is derailing this thread with useless flames?

Tags
china, high speed train, rail, tgv