daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #3221
altachlo87

Likes (Received): 5

Oh My China...

China is going from "BOOM" to "VROOOM"
it's all massive, modern, & marvelous in China now...
It's like Japan in 70's, just 10X larger,
It's like Europe in 20's, just 10X faster,
altachlo87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #3222
ddes

Likes (Received): 934

I'm sure all these contracts are technology-transfer projects.

I'm not sure why when China does it, everyone is too quick to say it's copying or stealing but when Korea did it for their KTX-Sancheon, which clearly is "copying" the TGV, nobody said a word.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #3223
GreenMonk108
The Unusual Suspect

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
I'm sure all these contracts are technology-transfer projects.

I'm not sure why when China does it, everyone is too quick to say it's copying or stealing but when Korea did it for their KTX-Sancheon, which clearly is "copying" the TGV, nobody said a word.
Why should they? ...Because China matter.
Korea, and Japan can grow that much but China is a whole different playing field. Remember Napoleon said about China. Given it time and you will see.
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #3224
maldini

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonk108 View Post
Korea, and Japan can grow that much but China is a whole different playing field. Remember Napoleon said about China. Given it time and you will see.
We can already see all the anti-China haters, so full of jealousy.
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #3225
Bandit

Likes (Received): 6

Not jealousy... envy.
Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #3226
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonk108 View Post
Uh...Japan does matter though, look at how much technologies come out from Japan, including the high speed train technology. Japan does have economic influence around the world you know. That's why when Asia is mentioned, people usually first think about Japan and China, not just China alone.

But I agree that due to the size of China, when China does something, the action does carry an effect many times larger in magnitude relative to Japan, hence China is under constant scrutiny.
snow is red no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #3227
greenlion

Likes (Received): 30

September 7, 2010, it is confirmed the newly opened Changjiu Intercity line will use CRH1A & CRH2A,

CRH1A test run on Changjiu ICL

CRH2A Test run on Changjiu ICL
greenlion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #3228
greenlion

Reuter Chinese has a article about China bidding for high speed rail project allover the world

http://cn.reuters.com/article/cnInvN...BrandChannel=0

here is a list of the mentioned countries and projects in Chinese
Quote:
一、目前中国企业在海外承建或参与的部分高铁项目:

1.委内瑞拉迪纳科-阿纳科高铁项目

由中国中铁(601390.SS: 行情)(0390.HK: 行情)总承包,全长471.5公里,为双线电气化铁路,预计2012年完工.中铁公司负责该铁路工程的设计、采购和施工,其与委内瑞拉铁路局将成立货车车辆组装厂、轨枕生产厂、道岔组装厂和钢轨焊接厂共四个合资工厂,中方将对委方进行技术转让.

该项目采用中国的技术标准,主要工程材料、机车车辆、工程设备和施工设备从中国进口,项目合同总金额75亿美元.

2.土耳其安卡拉-伊斯坦布尔高铁项目

铁路全长158公里,中国铁建(601186.SS: 行情)(1186.HK: 行情)为项目牵头单位,两家土耳其当地公司负责土建工程施工,中方负责轨道、四电工程的设计和施工.项目总金额约12.7亿美元.

3.沙特阿拉伯麦加-麦地那高速铁路项目第一标段

合同总金额约18亿美元,其中公路桥27座,骆驼通道13座,涵洞320座.由沙特拉吉赫工程集团、中国铁建旗下中铁十八局集团公司、法国阿尔斯通公司(ALSO.PA: 行情)承建.

二、有意兴建高铁的部分国家及项目进展介绍:

1.巴西:

高速铁路项目连接巴西里约热内卢和圣保罗,预计工程将从2011年启动建设,工期最长六年.巴西方面有意将部分路段在2016年里约热内卢奥运会前通车.该项目总投资约188亿美元,其中巴西政府出资113亿美元,剩馀部分通过其他渠道筹集.

项目正式竞标将于今年12月16日在圣保罗开始.投标成功者将负责铁路建设、运营和维护,并获得40年铁路经营权.

目前已表示参加投标的有中国、韩国、日本、德国、法国、意大利和西班牙等国企业.

2.美国:
1月底,美国总统奥巴马宣布,政府计划投入80亿美元建设全美高速铁路网.美国将在31个州新建13条铁路,最终建成一个连接各主要城市的全美高铁网.

中国铁道部已派出项目协调组到美国考察,组织相关企业积极参与项目竞标,并与加州高铁局签署了合作备忘录.

中国铁建已在美国建立子公司,注册资本金300万美元,经营范围包括在美国开展高速铁路工程承包.

3.俄罗斯:

根据2020年俄罗斯高速和超高速铁路网建设计划,到2020年俄罗斯将建成1,500公里的超高速铁路.

去年10月,在中俄总理第14次定期会晤期间,中国铁道部与俄罗斯运输部和俄铁股份公司签署《关于在俄罗斯联邦境内组织和发展快速及高速铁路运输谅解备忘录》,就高铁项目合作达成共识.中国铁道部愿意按照互惠互利、合作共赢的原则,将本国先进成熟的高速铁路技术与其他国家分享.

4.阿根廷:

7月中国与阿根廷两国签署价值100亿元美元的铁路合作协议,中国将在2-5年内分别投资阿根廷10个铁路项目,包括铁路线路和相关设施建设.

5.泰国:

9月泰国政府批准与中国联合建设其首条高铁项目计划,但尚待议会批准.泰国政府高级官员此前表示,该项目将包括三条以曼谷为起点的高铁,耗资将达3,000亿泰铢(折96亿美元).

注: 资料主要来源于路透及相关国内媒体报导.(完)

--整理 林琦; 审校 张喜良
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #3229
makita09

Likes (Received): 92

The 380s are in danger of being my favourite looking trains ever, even beating the series 500. They look brilliant.
makita09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #3230
Luli Pop
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow is red View Post
Japan does have economic influence around the world you know. That's why when Asia is mentioned, people usually first think about Japan and China, not just China alone.

But I agree that due to the size of China, when China does something, the action does carry an effect many times larger in magnitude relative to Japan, hence China is under constant scrutiny.
1st, I don't know how is it in your country, but in my hemisphere, Asia means first Chinas, then the rest...

2nd, I don't think Japan is doing much lastly, that's why there's no constant scrutiny. I mean, doing a game box, or a light jet is not so impressive like constructing in 4 years more HSR kms than the total contructed in the rest of the world in 40 years (Japan, France and Germany included). Plus 380km/h trains, freeways, nuclear, bridges, tunnels, etc.

I remember all the publicity for Viaduct de Millau. That's done in China every 6 month and we see nothing on occidental TV or newspapers.

Whatever stupid thing Dubai does is inmediatly focused by international media.

I don't think China is that scruted. I think China should promote its infraestructure projects much more, as Dubai or France do for instance.
Luli Pop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #3231
Palatinus

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009UNC View Post
Well Europe is going to be moribund, although not dead, and this is why

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympia...%C3%A9matiques

America will still be active, but more and more Asian--In 2010 INTEL Science Talent Search, 5 of top 10 are Ethnic Chinese, who only account for 1% of US population.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/op...1friedman.html
I would like to partecipate with the EUROPEAN UNION (the best among all UE nations)... i think it'll be "SLIGHTLY" different the final result... and i can't see India... does she partecipate?

Korean and Chinese are at the moment what Japanese were 50 years ago.

COPYWORKERS.

Only Indians are serious in Asia.

Germany above all. But if they could have had the same population (of a medium high nation) and the same extension of soil (of any of this nations) Netherlands and DUTCH people would have been the best in the world. Better than USA, China and India, Brazil, Russia etc...

P.S:

It's like the Olympic Games: China has 1,3 bilion inhabitants... but if UE will partecipate united will win easily.

With the same number of population China would have been one the worst in thw world. Their fortune are the 400 milions of under 15. Only people, not culture neither mentality. Only demographics blackmail, like India, Indonesia, Africa and Brazil.

BUT EUROPE WILL BE ALWAYS THE BEST. We are the civilization. We are the world. (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are extensions of Europe).

Last edited by Palatinus; September 10th, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Palatinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #3232
fragel

Likes (Received): 55

This line is going to make Nanchang and Jiujiang more connected within Jiangxi Province. But I think it has not opened yet (thougt will open very soon), these are just testing trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
September 7, 2010, it is confirmed the newly opened Changjiu Intercity line will use CRH1A & CRH2A,

CRH1A test run on Changjiu ICL

CRH2A Test run on Changjiu ICL
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:38 AM   #3233
fragel

After puting the links in the browser, I am able to see the pictures. They are the same ones that conc.man posted. Rumor says that the new trains were tested at Shanghai Station, and head to Hangzhou later. Would be interested to see they were test at Nanjing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
this morning, CRH2-380A test run on Nanjing Railway Station

Old September 10th, 2010, 02:42 AM   #3234
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
BUT EUROPE WILL BE ALWAYS THE BEST. We are the civilization. We are the world. (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are extensions of Europe).
how much did you drink tonight, mate? Most of Europe is not even considered a cradle of civilization, apart from the tiny Greece.

And Europe was not the best until a few hundred years ago. And its influence is on the decline compared to the chinese cultural influence. consider the extensions of chinese culture: China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, as well as the chinese scattered throughout the world.

And as far as the economy is concerned, in about 10 years, Chinese GDP will outstrip both that of US and that of all of EU.
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #3235
fragel

just ignore the troll, we are here for the updates and news, not for some stupid non-sense.
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #3236
ANR

Likes (Received): 117

Inner Mongolia starts to build three energy routes

EnergyChinaForum.com
2010-9-8

China’s Inner Mongolia announced to start construction of three rail lines on Aug 30, with an investment of 10 billion yuan each year on average.

The project on Jitong (Jining-Tongliao) Railline, one of the main coal transport lines in northern China, is to expand transport capacity to cope with the burgeoning needs of coal at northeastern and central regions. The project is designed to put into operation by 2014.

The second railway starting from Inner Mongolia’s Xilinhot to Duolun is also planed to have 125 million tonnes annual transport capacity after the construction by 2012. The Inner Mongolian government says the line will greatly support the delivery of coal from the autonomous region to the key north China coal port of SDIC Caofeidian.

The newly built rail line, from Zhenglanqi to Zhangjiakou, is designed to transport 30 million tonnes each year and put into operation in 2013. The line will be the most convenient route for coal delivered from Inner Mongolia to eastern regions, and will absolutely spur up development of economy at regions passed by the line.

Below are my best estimates of the locations of the above lines:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
ANR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #3237
Rail1435
Railway professor

Likes (Received): 1

Interesting railway expansion in China!

Not only high speed, but also heavy load.

Thanks for these informations.
Rail1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #3238
greenlion

some of the newly planned HSR lines that tend to start construction in second half year 2010.
Code:
Line          section                 Length     designed  Construction  planned 
                                                  Speed      start       open date
Jingshi ICL   Beijing-Zhangjiakou     174 km      350km/h    2010         2013
Jingtang ICL  Beijing-Tangshan        163 km      350km/h    2010         2012
Jingshen PDL  Beijing-Shenyang        684 km      350km/h    2010         2014
Shiji PDL     Shijiazhuang-Jinan      319 km      350km/h    2010         2012
Changkun PDL  Changsha-Kunming       1175 km      350km/h    2010         2014
Hajia PDL     Harbin-Jiamusi          345 km      250km/h    2010.7       2014.6
Jihun PDL     Jilin-Hunchun           378 km      250km/h    2010         2012
Hanghuang PDL Hangzhou-Huangshan      262 km      250km/h    2010         2013
Xicheng PDL   Xi'an-Chengdu           676 km      250km/h    2010         2013
Zhengluo ICL  Zhengzhou-Luoyang       145 km      200km/h    2010         2012
ChengMianle   Chengdu-Leshan       323.19 km      250km/h    2010         2012

Last edited by greenlion; September 21st, 2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #3239
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luli Pop View Post
1st, I don't know how is it in your country, but in my hemisphere, Asia means first Chinas, then the rest...

2nd, I don't think Japan is doing much lastly, that's why there's no constant scrutiny. I mean, doing a game box, or a light jet is not so impressive like constructing in 4 years more HSR kms than the total contructed in the rest of the world in 40 years (Japan, France and Germany included). Plus 380km/h trains, freeways, nuclear, bridges, tunnels, etc.

I remember all the publicity for Viaduct de Millau. That's done in China every 6 month and we see nothing on occidental TV or newspapers.

Whatever stupid thing Dubai does is inmediatly focused by international media.

I don't think China is that scruted. I think China should promote its infraestructure projects much more, as Dubai or France do for instance.
First of all, Japan was not in Asia during post-WW2 era or Cold War era. It was a member of North American region.

*sarcasm*

Seriously, Japan's Asian influence was terribly small when the country's economic was getting better (1960s - late 1980s). Most of its trades are in United States and Europe. Asia back then was still in conflict of this Great Cold War where China is in the East and Japan on the West. Japan was and still trying to be on its own just like an island. So when it's economy was booming, it did not bring the other countries with him. When China's economy was booming, it brought several countries with him. So even today, while Asia's Economic performance is better, Japan's economy is "stagnant".

By the way, Japan finally realized that it needed other Asian countries to go along with its economic boom but it was too late. Now, it needed China to help in its economic recovery.
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #3240
SamuraiBlue

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
Seriously, Japan's Asian influence was terribly small when the country's economic was getting better (1960s - late 1980s). Most of its trades are in United States and Europe. Asia back then was still in conflict of this Great Cold War where China is in the East and Japan on the West. Japan was and still trying to be on its own just like an island. So when it's economy was booming, it did not bring the other countries with him. When China's economy was booming, it brought several countries with him. So even today, while Asia's Economic performance is better, Japan's economy is "stagnant".

By the way, Japan finally realized that it needed other Asian countries to go along with its economic boom but it was too late. Now, it needed China to help in its economic recovery.

Auhh, check your books again since most of Japan's ODA in the 70's on wards were funded to Asian nations.
From 1979 Japan provided roughly 30 billion dollars US in various type of ODA funding. That's what kick started PRC's booming economy developing the necessary infrastructure in the first place.
Construction of the Bejing Subway was supported by Japanese ODA and I believe there is a plaque somewhere within one of the stations commemorating it.
SamuraiBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed train, rail, tgv