daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 24th, 2010, 03:52 AM   #3601
Nozumi 300

Likes (Received): 6

This just came to me, during Chinese New Year are freight trains specifically rescheduled to avoid the onslaught of passenger trains? Also does the MOR redirect locomotives to serve passenger trains?
Nozumi 300 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #3602
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18198

Prices rise for speedy rail link
22 October 2010
Shanghai Daily

HIGH-SPEED travel will come with higher prices on the new Shanghai-Hangzhou intercity rail line as fares are going to increase by more than 50 percent, the rail company has announced.

The standard ticket price on the high-speed rail line, which goes into service on October 26, will be 82 yuan (US$12.33), 51 percent higher than the fare for the current generation of fast trains along the route.

Shanghai Railway Bureau, which has invested in the line and will supervise rail services, released ticket prices and operation models yesterday.

While less than the 56 percent price jump when high-speed trains went into service on the Shanghai-Nanjing route in July, the increase on the new line will still lead to complaints about soaring fares.

Passengers can buy tickets from 8am today at local rail ticket booths. First-class tickets will cost 131 yuan.

The bullet train, with an operational speed of 350 kilometers per hour, cuts the trip to Hangzhou in neighboring Zhejiang Province to 45 minutes. The current fastest train takes 80 minutes to complete the 200-kilometer route.

The trains, identified by the leading letter "G," will operate from the city's Hongqiao Railway Station in a transport hub together with the airport, long-distance bus station and subways.

Ten high-speed rail services will terminate at Shanghai Railway Station. The price for this service is 98 yuan for a standard ticket and 156 yuan for a first-class ticket.

The fast trains that now run between the two cities travel at between 200-250kph. Standard tickets cost 54 yuan and first class 64 yuan.

Rail officials said higher prices reflect "a smoother and faster journey."

About 80 of the new "G" trains will arrive at and depart from the Hongqiao hub from 6:12am to 9:45pm every day. Some 60 of the older fast trains will remain in service, said rail officials.

Many people have welcomed the new line. "I can step out of my small hometown more often after I retire," said Dai Jianqi, 56, a Zhejiang native whose hometown is in Tongxiang, where a new high-speed rail stop is located.

Dai recalled how, as a young student, he had to take small boat from his village to a larger town, from where he took a train to Shanghai to visit relatives. The journey took almost a day, he said.

Sun Zhang, a professor of rail transport with Tongji University, said the price is affordable and it's good that the current regular services will be retained. He added: "The market reaction will decide price and schedule changes."

Construction began on the line in 2009. It has nine stops along the route, six in Zhejiang and the rest in Shanghai.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #3603
HunanChina

Likes (Received): 5

Suzhou Railway Station (CRH)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
HunanChina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #3604
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
UIC Highspeed 2010 - China Railways

Do I get it right:

In 2 years and 2 months, from now to 2012, China shall build 24 000 km railways, including 6100 km high speed railways and 17 900 km slow railways;
in 8 years, from 2013 to 2020, China shall build 10 000 km railways, including 3000 km high speed railways and 7000 km slow railways?
chornedsnorkack está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #3605
hkhui
Norway, China

Likes (Received): 7

Will HK-SH line be a wholly 350km/h line instead of 250 now? They are going to build a new Hangzhou Bay bridge for railway?
hkhui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #3606
yaohua2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkhui View Post
Will HK-SH line be a wholly 350km/h line instead of 250 now? They are going to build a new Hangzhou Bay bridge for railway?
It will be wholly 350 km/h by 2015, not now. Hong Kong – Guangzhou – south of Changsha – Nanchang – Hangzhou – Shanghai, 1800 km, 6 hours.

There is some serious discussion on the Hangzhou Bay railway bridge, the construction work may start in one or two years, I suppose.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #3607
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post

The bullet train, with an operational speed of 350 kilometers per hour, cuts the trip to Hangzhou in neighboring Zhejiang Province to 45 minutes. The current fastest train takes 80 minutes to complete the 200-kilometer route.

The trains, identified by the leading letter "G," will operate from the city's Hongqiao Railway Station in a transport hub together with the airport, long-distance bus station and subways.

Ten high-speed rail services will terminate at Shanghai Railway Station. The price for this service is 98 yuan for a standard ticket and 156 yuan for a first-class ticket.
Quote:

About 80 of the new "G" trains will arrive at and depart from the Hongqiao hub from 6:12am to 9:45pm every day. Some 60 of the older fast trains will remain in service, said rail officials.

Many people have welcomed the new line. "I can step out of my small hometown more often after I retire," said Dai Jianqi, 56, a Zhejiang native whose hometown is in Tongxiang, where a new high-speed rail stop is located.
Quote:
Construction began on the line in 2009. It has nine stops along the route, six in Zhejiang and the rest in Shanghai.
Shall any trains stop in all nine stops on Wednesday?
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #3608
GreatChina2006

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Do I get it right:

In 2 years and 2 months, from now to 2012, China shall build 24 000 km railways, including 6100 km high speed railways and 17 900 km slow railways;
in 8 years, from 2013 to 2020, China shall build 10 000 km railways, including 3000 km high speed railways and 7000 km slow railways?
This progress is still behind schedule according to Dr.Sun Yat-Sen's 100,000-mile-railway plan.
GreatChina2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #3609
riles28
train

Likes (Received): 38

CRH2 rest at Depot

riles28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #3610
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatChina2006 View Post
This progress is still behind schedule according to Dr.Sun Yat-Sen's 100,000-mile-railway plan.
How much of these 160 000 km are in Tannu-Tuva and Outer Mongolia? Looks quite dense a network there....
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #3611
henrypan123

Likes (Received): 2

Video of China Railways :
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA3MTE0MTAw.html

I think it is a nice video. I hope you like it.
henrypan123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #3612
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18198

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Shall any trains stop in all nine stops on Wednesday?
I haven't seen an official schedule online, but they sell paperback versions at bookstores for a very low price.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:21 PM   #3613
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Interesting, in that promo video it shows the production of CRH3 and appears to me that it uses double panels, I thought they used single panel hull in order to have a 2+3 seating arrangement.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:03 AM   #3614
mingrady
齐天大&

Likes (Received): 53

China Rail Expects to Book $623 Million Loss on Mecca Light Rail

October 25, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT

link from Bloomberg:
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ight-rail.html

Excerpt:
Quote:
The contract, originally valued at 6.7 billion riyals ($1.8 billion), called for 18 kilometers (11 miles) of track linking religious sites around Mecca and Medina. The client subsequently raised planned capacity, changed other instructions and delayed land purchases, China Railway said yesterday. The contractor added resources to ensure on-time completion this month.
mingrady no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #3615
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

I'm going to be in China next year (entering and leaving via HK with a month to head around). What high speed lines will be open by around, say, May next year? Will the Beijing - Shanghai line be open by then?
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:57 AM   #3616
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
I'm going to be in China next year (entering and leaving via HK with a month to head around). What high speed lines will be open by around, say, May next year? Will the Beijing - Shanghai line be open by then?
I guess it's a good idea to have a look at Wikipedia for that. It's got quite a bit of info on opening schedules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_China
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #3617
Matchut

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrypan123 View Post
Video of China Railways :
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA3MTE0MTAw.html

I think it is a nice video. I hope you like it.
Great. To me, that video is far more effective at showing China's overall development than any of their military parades.
Matchut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #3618
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
No, it's supposed to be done by June-October 2011
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:05 AM   #3619
fragel

Likes (Received): 55

Shanghai-Hangzhou HSR opens today, the first train is supposed to start a few minutes ago at 9

some old pictures, waiting for newer ones

source: people.com.cn
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #3620
yaohua2000

Shanghai–Hangzhou HSR line opened

Shanghai Hongqiao – Hangzhou East
- Length: 158 km
- Construction began: 2009 Feb 26
- Open for operation: 2010 Oct 26 (20 months)
- Maximum speed: 350 km/h
- Investment: ¥25.5 billion
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, high speed train, rail, tgv