daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #421
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Likes (Received): 119

Wigo, does it really take transrapid one week to clarify the case ?? or 1 week for them to reply back to you ?
snow is red no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #422
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

waiting 1 week for a statement of such a big firm isnt a long time.

But.

I received an answer, at least from DB-Magnetbahn, who is a "sister-company" of transrapid and the company who plans the maglev line in munich.
( Of course the email is german, but I can forward it, if you want to )

To cut it short : They knew that they were building a test track at Tongji University.
They also knew that the linear motor (engine) as well as some of the so called "stator packets" (levitation system in the vehicle) as well as some of the magnets were taken from the three vehicles used in the Shanghai Line. (spare parts and parts that were left over during construction).

If those parts were "reproduced" from the chines side (for testing a future mass production) is not known.

The press spokesman said that he didnt know anything about a tech-transfer on the vehicle body, so I assume it must be copied, otherwise there would be no reason for looking 100% identical.

The "core" technology itself wasnt officially transferred.

The press-Spokesmen said that he and the rest of the company didnt know about a vehicle that looks exactly like their Transrapid08 , but that they already assumed that sooner or later something like that would happen.
They were surprised like all of us about the pic.
(And if you believe it or not, they also asked me if I have more pics...lol)

Thats about all they wrote.

So guys, I made my homework, mybe some of you would be so friendly and do theirs and post some nice pics of that thing
As its on a public campus it cant be that hard to go there and take some pics.....

As the pic with the truck pulling it seems to be about 4 months old, it should be possible get one, where the vehicle runs without the truck, no?
I read somewhere in the news that the second half of the vehicle is blue, not green btw....

Last edited by pflo777; May 30th, 2007 at 10:22 PM.
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #423
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Thank you for the useful info plfo Now we shall wait for wigo, hopefully he should get something similar to yours since you both mailed the same company from the same website.
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #424
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Wigo, What about you mate ?? did you receive anything from Transrapid, something similar to pflo ??
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #425
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

if what pflo said is true, then I hope transrapid will carry out investigation as soon as possible and clarify this case. Too much confusion already.
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #426
wigo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

No I only asked pflo777 to contact the German company.

But I searched online using "maglev, Tongji", what I found that the test vehicle in Tongji was made in Sichuang, and does not look obviously similar to Transrapid.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2006...nt_4216517.htm

I have never seen anything like the pic provided by UD2, which plummeted in this flame war.

Also, I have contacted Tongji University regarding this issue to see what I can get.
wigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:20 PM   #427
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

More confusion here. Wigo, why don't you just contact transrapid, the site is also in Chinese as well. So that is fair, so we don't have to listen to one sided story. Btw pflo can send you the email as well.
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:26 PM   #428
pflo777
BANNED

transrapid usually never answers such emails, I tried it quite often before, concerning others issues on their train.
Thats why i contacted DB-Magnetbahn.

For the chinese side, i think it would be enough if we could know whats really going on in your country---today about 10 newspapers report, that the maglev extension is definately NOT suspended and that talks are continuing.....

very weird everything....
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #429
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

I read it as well, they are considering about relocation of the track , 5 000 protestors signed the petition so I think they had no choice and since the government is trying to promote their "Harmonious society" So they would not want to see any more riots, like the one just happened last week because of the one child policy in a village.
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:34 PM   #430
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

BTW guys, you all realize that works were only halted on the Shanghai - Hangzhou transrapid line.

The line between Hongqiao Airport and the current line will be built without any intervensions.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:54 PM   #431
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

UD2, since you are the first to make the accusation, can you please give us the site of that pic you gave us please ? The one that looks like transrapid.

Thank you
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:24 AM   #432
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

Likes (Received): 17

Don't expect any reply from Transrapid.
If there actually is a legal dispute, all the parties will be restricting their comments to the courts.
If there is no legal dispute no one will comment for fear of triggering a legal dispute.

Don't be surprised at all the confusion in the Chinese press which is nolonger a monolithic state run bureaurocy .
What you are seeing is public political debate via competing press releases. Very democratic!
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:31 PM   #433
pflo777
BANNED

So, as from our chinese guys here absolutetely NOTHING is comming except big words , I post some pics to fill this thread with life again..

CN-MAGLEV, new pictures of the vehicle in Bejing--its a low speed train that has nothing to do with the thing tested in Shanghai

Old May 31st, 2007, 02:15 PM   #434
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

yes, please post more pictures yourself than just argue and talk, I noticed some people never post pictures. 少说多做!
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM   #435
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Dear Pflo .

I hope you will find this website useful, but it is in Chinese, sorry about that that is the only site I can find, and i am pretty sure that UD2 got his shanghai pic from here. I can view the full site if you register.

http://www1.metrofans.sh.cn/viewthre...extra=page%3D1

Thank you
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:10 AM   #436
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

nop.. I got my picture from Haizi Railway Forum.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:20 PM   #437
pflo777
BANNED

I have just two questions:

1. is www.skyscrapercity.com free accessible for everyone in China

2. is the webstie www.maglev.de or www.magelboard.net free accessible for everyone in China?
Old June 1st, 2007, 01:27 PM   #438
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777 View Post

2. is the webstie www.maglev.de or www.magelboard.net free accessible for everyone in China?
I think so, many Chinese forumers, including mod Null, are located in China mainland.

The govt URL blockage is a joke IMO. How many of Chinese people (mostly non-English speakers) are visiting those blocked foreign web sites regularly? If they want, they can alway use proxies.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM   #439
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777 View Post

I'm in China right now and I have no problems at all to get access to this forum.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:14 PM   #440
Trainman Dave
systems rule!

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo View Post
I'm in China right now and I have no problems at all to get access to this forum.
Are you using a wireless connection or are you connecting from an International Hotel?

Tags
china, high speed train, rail, tgv