daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #1441
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railfan View Post
ICE?




ORIGINAL GERMANY DESIGN!


No that is not ICE. Its obivoulsy a copied version. China has that before the actual imports of the Velaro. This is the actual ICE/Velaro in China:

image hosted on flickr




__________________

Highcliff liked this post
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #1442
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

I just saw a video online of someone taking the CRH2 from Beijing to Shanghai. I thought the Chinese just started constructing a HS line between the two cities? Or is it because the current HSR running between Beijing and Shanghai are not in true HIGH Speed rails and running below the operating speed?
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #1443
yaohua2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 453
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates View Post
I just saw a video online of someone taking the CRH2 from Beijing to Shanghai. I thought the Chinese just started constructing a HS line between the two cities? Or is it because the current HSR running between Beijing and Shanghai are not in true HIGH Speed rails and running below the operating speed?
CRH2 currently run from Beijing to Shanghai on conventional tracks. It takes the fastest train 09h59m from Beijing to Shanghai or 09h44m from Beijing South to Shanghai. The maximum speed is 250 km/h. The average speed is 150 km/h.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #1444
yaohua2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 453
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusop View Post
No, this is an unsuccessful DMU called Mountain Changbai. Max speed is below 200km/h, so only 1 or 2 were producted.
No. Changbai is EMU, not DMU.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #1445
cal_t
Transport Advocate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brisbane/Melb
Posts: 455
Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo View Post
Yes, because China has the money to buy tons of them and also tons of TGV and Shinkansen. And China is also going to build even more of them, in co-operation with the respective companies.

I think that post was in reference to the Changbai Mtn train which resembles an ICE. No, it is not an ICE, but rather a 200km/h+ trainset developed using local technology.
__________________
Any views expressed are do not represent those of any companies and are personal only. If you are not the intended viewer, you may not disseminate or disclose this information.
cal_t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #1446
JoKo65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,111
Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates View Post
No that is not ICE. Its obivoulsy a copied version. China has that before the actual imports of the Velaro. This is the actual ICE/Velaro in China:

[…]
To be correct, ICE 3 and Velaro are not the same. ICE 3 has been manufactured by Alstom, Bombardier and Siemens, Velaro is a product of Siemens.
The first Velaro for Germany will be the Velaro D which is ordered now by DB:

__________________
L'Amerique? C'est l'évolution de la barbarie à la décadence, sans toucher la culture.
JoKo65 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #1447
octopusop
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohua2000 View Post
CRH2 currently run from Beijing to Shanghai on conventional tracks. It takes the fastest train 09h59m from Beijing to Shanghai or 09h44m from Beijing South to Shanghai. The maximum speed is 250 km/h. The average speed is 150 km/h.

In timetable, CRH from beijing to shanghai without stop are running a little above 10 hours, so the average speed is 130 km/h.
I can not believe that the CRH2 could run 250 km/h on conventional tracks.
As I known, on mixed passenger and freight conventional tracks, the speed limit is 160km/h.
octopusop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #1448
yaohua2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 453
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusop View Post
In timetable, CRH from beijing to shanghai without stop are running a little above 10 hours, so the average speed is 130 km/h.
I can not believe that the CRH2 could run 250 km/h on conventional tracks.
As I known, on mixed passenger and freight conventional tracks, the speed limit is 160km/h.
Where did you get your "timetable"?

D31 leaves Beijing South at 11:05, arrives Shanghai at 20:49, 09h44m
D313 leaves Beijing at 21:20, arrives Shanghai at 07:19 the next day, 09h59m

The 22-km long Anting-Shanghai West section is currently the only section that is capable for 250 km/h service along the 1463-km long Beijing-Shanghai line, however when CRH trains run on this section, its speed could reach 250 km/h, no problem.

Furthermore, train D31 departs from Beijing South and run on the Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Rail, it could reach 250 km/h in this section too. However, D313 does not run on the Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Rail.

Last edited by yaohua2000; April 19th, 2009 at 02:54 PM.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #1449
baidu
Registered User
 
baidu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 111
Likes (Received): 7

one nice picture

from crccg.com
baidu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #1450
octopusop
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohua2000 View Post
Where did you get your "timetable"?

D31 leaves Beijing South at 11:05, arrives Shanghai at 20:49, 09h44m
D313 leaves Beijing at 21:20, arrives Shanghai at 07:19 the next day, 09h59m

The 22-km long Anting-Shanghai West section is currently the only section that is capable for 250 km/h service along the 1463-km long Beijing-Shanghai line, however when CRH trains run on this section, its speed could reach 250 km/h, no problem.

Furthermore, train D31 departs from Beijing South and run on the Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Rail, it could reach 250 km/h in this section too. However, D313 does not run on the Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Rail.
there are passenger special line between beijing and tianjin.
are you sure that in anting-shanghai west, 5000 tons freight train are running?
octopusop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #1451
yaohua2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 453
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusop View Post
there are passenger special line between beijing and tianjin.
are you sure that in anting-shanghai west, 5000 tons freight train are running?
During the "6th large-scale railway speed-up" on April 18, 2007. The ministry of railway announced 6003 km of conventional railway had been upgraded to 200 km/h, and 846 km of conventional railway had been upgraded to 250 km/h. The Anting-ShanghaiWest section is among the 250 km/h upgraded railways. I suppose the 250 km/h upgraded railway should be longer than then since it had been two years.

I have a GPS trace recorded last December, you can find it at:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/wa.../traces/318200
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #1452
nineth
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 410
Likes (Received): 1

I think there are so many stops in between Beijing and Shanghai, than it takes time to from over 100 km/h to 0, then it takes time to unload and upload passengers, then takes time to accelerate. then, maybe it can maintain at the speed of over 200 km/h at some straight rail condition only, therefore, in average, speed is not that high.
nineth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #1453
UD2
A very cool person
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,294
Likes (Received): 31

.....
__________________
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #1454
yaohua2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 453
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineth View Post
I think there are so many stops in between Beijing and Shanghai, than it takes time to from over 100 km/h to 0, then it takes time to unload and upload passengers, then takes time to accelerate. then, maybe it can maintain at the speed of over 200 km/h at some straight rail condition only, therefore, in average, speed is not that high.
D313 does not stop anywhere from Beijing to Shanghai.
yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #1455
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineth View Post
I think there are so many stops in between Beijing and Shanghai, than it takes time to from over 100 km/h to 0, then it takes time to unload and upload passengers, then takes time to accelerate. then, maybe it can maintain at the speed of over 200 km/h at some straight rail condition only, therefore, in average, speed is not that high.
if you talk on the new 350kmph express rail, it's all about interval scheduling. even on high speed rail, some CRH trains stop at every station and some do not stop in between.

the HSR is being built to serve the whole area's economy not only the city of Beijing and Shanghai. the frequent stopping trains definitely can not reach 300kmph but still faster than normal trains.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #1456
gramercy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,823
Likes (Received): 799

exactly

there are HS trains in france that have 2 stops: Paris Lyon ..... and Marseilles. Nothing in between..
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:18 AM   #1457
UD2
A very cool person
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,294
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohua2000 View Post
D313 does not stop anywhere from Beijing to Shanghai.
Very rare. Especially in case of the D313, which is a complete waste of money. The Z13 (is that the number?) train that it replaced was a waaay better deal. Yes i'm crying for it once again.
__________________
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:00 AM   #1458
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
exactly

there are HS trains in france that have 2 stops: Paris Lyon ..... and Marseilles. Nothing in between..
considering the hugh population along this HSR line, there's no other choices.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:41 AM   #1459
UD2
A very cool person
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,294
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
considering the hugh population along this HSR line, there's no other choices.
Or rather, the population density along the line is the reason why it's built.
__________________
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM   #1460
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

Chinese railway pictures







(pics taken Feb in Dalian, hasea.com)
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, high speed train, rail, tgv

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium