daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #1
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

INDIANAPOLIS | One Indiana Square Reclad | Com

Property management: http://www.mcknightdevelopment.com/port_ind_1indsq.html

Owner: http://www.halakar.com/

Construction: http://www.fawilhelm.com/

Emporis: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=...napolis-in-usa

Before:

After:

Last edited by desertpunk; August 16th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #2
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Starting July 23rd pedestrian traffic will be affected somewhat on the Pennsylvania Street sidewalk. Protection from overhead work.
Old July 20th, 2007, 03:30 AM   #3
IndyYeah

Likes (Received): 0

Indiana Square

What do you think that the bottom part is not getting done? Is the old part glass and all going to clash? I know that the newer part has been done to other buildings, but is their anything different at all in this redesign?
IndyYeah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #4
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

I wish we could all see a night time rendering. I think this will be my fav in indy... that is really sad too!
unvrsty07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #5
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyYeah View Post
What do you think that the bottom part is not getting done? Is the old part glass and all going to clash? I know that the newer part has been done to other buildings, but is their anything different at all in this redesign?
Todd Mauer mentioned that they would re-visit that idea down the road. I believe the building's base and garage should be done to reflect the tower's remodel. But these aren't areas of concern. It's floors 6-36 that need a strengthened curtain as seen by last years wind storm. I do know there are a few attorney offices that are still off-limits due to internal damage.

*from last April*

Last edited by mobyhead; July 20th, 2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old July 20th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #6
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

I'm hoping Mr. Mauer's ego will get the best of him post-remodeling. The architectural conflict should be fairly obvious to everyone after it's done and the ensuing choir of critical voices should prove too strong to ignore. I think he'll cave to the pressure and end up with much more marketable building. :-)
ablerock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 12:29 AM   #7
MilwaukeeMark
I claim to be staff.

Likes (Received): 356

MUCH better. I never liked that building. Good news... I'm excited to see this project progress!
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:24 PM   #8
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

Oh God, would it kill them to do the base too?
NaptownBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 08:56 PM   #9
IndyYeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownBoy View Post
Oh God, would it kill them to do the base too?
Exactly! The base is part of the building! The important part is from 6 stories, however for a skyscraper in Indianapolis, this is not the backwoods. This project is not a quick fix shantytown repair, do the whole thing...
Old July 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM   #10
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Wilhelm is accepting delivery of the new curtain wall this morning. They are in wooden crates with the glass already installed. With the early morning sun it was hard to tell what color the tint on them was. I'll bring my digital camera tomorrow and post a few pictures tomorrow night of the progress thus far.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:10 PM   #11
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

The glass is tinted green (DUH). The crates are marked, such as 7 North Mock. Apparently they are going to construct a section on the NE corner to see how it looks?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 09:04 PM   #12
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

It's almost like a light wintergreen color. Obviously it will look different when it secured to the building.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM   #13
ablerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
It's almost like a light wintergreen color. Obviously it will look different when it secured to the building.
That's what I'm most excited about with this project... the addition of some color to Indy's skyline. It's also going to change the feel of Mass. Ave quite a bit, as Indiana Square is visible right down the middle of it when looking south.
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM   #14
IndyYeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablerock View Post
That's what I'm most excited about with this project... the addition of some color to Indy's skyline. It's also going to change the feel of Mass. Ave quite a bit, as Indiana Square is visible right down the middle of it when looking south.
How thick is that glass compared to the other glass? Have the backhoes started with 3 mass yet? I think a backhoe was delivered last week. That area is really going to look nice in a year or so.
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #15
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochie View Post
Wait.. what you're describing is similar to one of the facade pieces I saw on the old test display on Ohio.. do you think they may have ditched the blue on favor of that color scheme? It's actually be a lot easier to blend the base in if that's the case..
I think so. The display on the 5th floor terrace was put up so the owners could get an idea of their "vision".

IndyYeah I don't know about the thickness. Need a hard hat to get into that area. It's still crated. I do see that Mass and New York streets have lane restrictions around the 3 Mass project. However as of this morning nothing is being done. Also now the sidewalk on Penn is fenced off in front of Indiana Square. I see people walking in the street.

Last edited by mobyhead; July 24th, 2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #16
ablerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
I'll bring my digital camera tomorrow and post a few pictures tomorrow night of the progress thus far.
By the way, this is much appreciated. :-)

I've also just realized how freaky this building is going to look in the 20-60% complete range. :-)

Should be quite entertaining! :-)
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #17
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablerock View Post
By the way, this is much appreciated. :-)

I've also just realized how freaky this building is going to look in the 20-60% complete range. :-)

Should be quite entertaining! :-)
HA! I hadn't considered that! You're absolutely right.

And again, thanks for the updates mobyhead. I was thinking a link to One Indiana Square's emporis page might be useful in your first post, for people that aren't very familiar with the tower. Here it is for convenience:

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=...napolis-in-usa
CorrND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #18
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrND View Post
HA! I hadn't considered that! You're absolutely right.

And again, thanks for the updates mobyhead. I was thinking a link to One Indiana Square's emporis page might be useful in your first post, for people that aren't very familiar with the tower. Here it is for convenience:

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=...napolis-in-usa
Done, Thanks! Left the camera at home. Forgot. I have a friend who is the office manager for Tabbert Hahn on the 19th floor. Her office faces north. She said I was free to take pics from her window of the crane/construction staging area.

I found this at www.skyscrapernews.com. It's a rendering of a tower that is being built in London. It was designed by the same firm that's doing this building. Gensler has quite an impressive resume.

Last edited by mobyhead; July 24th, 2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #19
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

July 25th

removed

Last edited by mobyhead; April 23rd, 2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #20
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

Moby, what color are the new panels? Cause you mentioned a green in an earlier post, however, those panels look blue to me?.... also, the blue colums replacing the white ones, are those permanent, or are they simply stripping the exterior?
unvrsty07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
indianapolis