daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:24 AM   #21
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

I swear to god, buddha, etc. the glass looked green when they were delivered yesterday. They did start mounting some of those this afternoon. I'll have a better idea in the next few days. It probably is a blue but not the dark smokey blue that the bldg has now. My wife says it's turquoise.

Last edited by mobyhead; July 26th, 2007 at 03:36 AM.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #22
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

WHAT WILL THIS LOOK LIKE AT NIGHT????????????
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #23
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

I asked the assistant building manager the other day if she could tell me exactly what color this building was going to be. She hummed and hawed and said blue. That doesn't help me. WHAT COLOR IS THE BUILDING GOING TO BE?!?! I see the Wilhelm project manager running around all the time. Perhaps I need to get in good with him.
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #24
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochie View Post
You know Moby, we've actually probably met... I've been banking at that branch since I opened up a savings account at age 10 there. (I grew up downtown) Of course, it was INB and the branch was on the other side of the building back then. I've been by those desks and talked to you people countless times over the past 25 years or so.
I was the armed guard in here for about 5 years. Even if we haven't met I certainly have seen you on camera.
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #25
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

I was just on the 5th floor. Workers are tearing out all the planters on the terrace. They even have a Bobcat up there.

Last edited by mobyhead; July 26th, 2007 at 08:44 PM.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #26
IndyYeah

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
I asked the assistant building manager the other day if she could tell me exactly what color this building was going to be. She hummed and hawed and said blue. That doesn't help me. WHAT COLOR IS THE BUILDING GOING TO BE?!?! I see the Wilhelm project manager running around all the time. Perhaps I need to get in good with him.
Todd Mauer around? Hey anything else going on at 3 Mass?
IndyYeah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #27
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyYeah View Post
Todd Mauer around? Hey anything else going on at 3 Mass?
Nothing on 3 Mass yet even though the area is fenced off and the North lane adjacent on New York is closed. There is also a construction trailer on site. Todd always seems to have a posse (sp?) around him. His father Mickey would seem more approachable than him.
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #28
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

I'll be brief. As of this afternoon they have installed new curtain wall 5 windows across and on two floors, 6 and 7. Hard to make it out as the covered scaffolding blocks much of the view (as seen in photo above).
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #29
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Workers are boarding up the windows along the offices on the 5th floor. The Indiana State Bar has a suite up there above the parking garage.
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:18 AM   #30
cityfan

Likes (Received): 1

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, are they putting up new windows over old ones, then removing the old ones?

Indianapolis: Fastest growing metro (over 1,000,000) in the Midwest. Growth rate of 7.04% between 2000 and 2005.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bsa-01-fmt.csv
cityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:39 PM   #31
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochie View Post
Basically, yes. This also extends the floor space 18 inches in every direction, necessitating an upgrade of the sprinkler system. At least I think Moby said that once.
Not sure about how many inches exactly but yes they will need to extend the sprinkler pipes. While we are on the subject of fire. They aren't advertising this but there have been a couple of small fires so far. The fire department was here a few weeks ago in the very early morning. Workers extinguished it. This was due to the welding being done. I suppose this is to be expected to a degree. I was told one day there was a haze in the air in IKON's suite on the 6th floor. Most of the lower floors are still vacant but as you get up higher near the law firms you will hear some complaints I am sure. How the tenants aren't going to be impacted? I doubt this will be the case. How do you go into a tenant space after hours and not disrupt these offices? Many attorneys work some long crazy hours.

However they are doing a great job of communicating with the tenants as things progress.
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM   #32
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Stopped by on my lunch break yesterday to get a closer look. Actually, I do this practically everyday, but I decided to take some pictures this time. :-)

Images are a little blue. Some of that is due to the sky reflecting...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

ablerock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM   #33
cwilson758
Cory

I was downtown yesterday and stopped to look at the new windows...I am impressed. This is going to look great and will certainly enhance teh City's skyline for the better. Too bad this wasn't a new tower
Old August 1st, 2007, 06:01 PM   #34
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Thanks for posting those Ablerock. I too brought the camera yesterday. However every time I went outside the scaffolding was in the way. Had a call at the switchboard from a construction foreman asking where his people could park. They are starting next week building cabinets for the tenants. I can only assume it's for storing items aways from the windows when workers come inside to take out the old curtain wall. Man this is such a huge undertaking.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:11 PM   #35
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

The planters and trees have been removed from the 5th floor terrace (as seen on the bottom left). Makes for a great staging area for the remodel. You can see the Indiana Bar office on the right above the garage.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:47 PM   #36
Babbage08

Likes (Received): 0

I'm digging that glass...Can't wait to see how the redesign will impact and make our skyline seem more modern as a whole. Thanks for the updates Moby.

At first I didn't like the whole idea but it's all grown on me.
Babbage08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:41 PM   #37
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablerock View Post
WOW. That glass looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it in person (and also to see a larger section of it).
CorrND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:55 PM   #38
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

That's a much better facade.

Now if we could do this for all of our bland towers we'd be in business!
NaptownBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM   #39
cwilson758
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbage08 View Post
I'm digging that glass...

It really modernizes the tower and will breathe new life into the skyline. I am really liking this and can't wait to see it finished.

My one complaint is that the current design with the small squared wqindows, makes the tower seem much taller than it really is.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM   #40
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Looks like they'll start to move a bit faster now. The have pretty much cleared off the 5th floor terrace and have several beams up there. Also they have expanded the staging area in the North surface lot. No longer can people park there.

Tags
indianapolis