daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 1st, 2009, 05:25 AM   #501
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

I like the new sign they are putting up on this building. For this building its actually nice to have a sign to remember which bank it is now. I still think of it sometimes as Indiana National Bank -- or sometimes Union Planters (wasn't it National Bank of Detroit for a while too?). Now, hopefully I'll remember that it is "Regions" Bank. Anyway -- I saw it from the west today at about 5:30 pm. They had "REGI" done -- probably will finish the rest of the sign in the next day or two. It has a green symbol for Regions Bank that looks good against the silver / blue of the building. I think it looks good because it seems to "finish" off the building. It had looked pretty blank on those east and west sides of the building - which didn't have any neon on it. It'll add a little bit more color to the skyline when they light up the letters.
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:55 PM   #502
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldPark View Post
I like the new sign they are putting up on this building. For this building its actually nice to have a sign to remember which bank it is now. I still think of it sometimes as Indiana National Bank -- or sometimes Union Planters (wasn't it National Bank of Detroit for a while too?). Now, hopefully I'll remember that it is "Regions" Bank. Anyway -- I saw it from the west today at about 5:30 pm. They had "REGI" done -- probably will finish the rest of the sign in the next day or two. It has a green symbol for Regions Bank that looks good against the silver / blue of the building. I think it looks good because it seems to "finish" off the building. It had looked pretty blank on those east and west sides of the building - which didn't have any neon on it. It'll add a little bit more color to the skyline when they light up the letters.
I agree with you. When I started here it was NBD.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:06 AM   #503
IndyYeah

Likes (Received): 0

I was on Mass Ave the other day, and I thought that part of the cladding was not all done. The cladding made the building look so professional and finally like Indy has a new building downtown. I did not look alot at the cladding, so it must be done outside? I was at the toy store and avoiding people looking like they were going to ask me for money so that is why I was not gauking.
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:48 PM   #504
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Press release from Regions Bank...

REGIONS SIGN LIGHTING - THURSDAY, OCT. 22, DUSK
The Regions name and logo now proudly adorn the Circle City's downtown skyline on the east and west sides of the Tower. This Thursday at dusk, we will light the Regions sign for the very first time for all to see. It's time to expect more illumination!
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:53 PM   #505
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

That explains why the LED doesn't wrap around. They need to change thwe color of the LED for various events...and surely SOMEONE here knows how to get in touch with Chase about the color scheme for the crown. That screams to be changed during various times/events throughout the year.

Anyone know Ta,ara Zahn or Terry Sweeny at IDI? They would be a good start.
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM   #506
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
That explains why the LED doesn't wrap around. They need to change thwe color of the LED for various events...and surely SOMEONE here knows how to get in touch with Chase about the color scheme for the crown. That screams to be changed during various times/events throughout the year.

I know Tamara's husband. He's an attorney in this building. If I ever see him I'll say something.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM   #507
Wu-Gambino

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post

Yeah, that's always bugged me. Honestly, how hard would it be to do something like what John Hancock does in Chicago?

How hard could it be to change the crown (and spotlights on the setbacks) to red and green for the holiday season or red, white, and blue for 4th of July?
Wu-Gambino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:40 AM   #508
EddieB317
DE MINIMIS NON CURAT LEX

Likes (Received): 33

Pictures from 10/21/2009

EddieB317 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:26 AM   #509
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1219

EddieB317: Thanks for all the nice pictures. These shots make that building look pretty good. It'll be good to see the top lit up, beginning tomorrow night.
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM   #510
cailes

Likes (Received): 102

Well, they are by no means great photos, (handheld 1/15 @ f4 1600iso) but I grabbed a couple on my way home from school last night. I like how dark the building looks at night. The black exterior look goes really well in contrast to the other well lit buildings. I know it sounds funny, but it really defines itself from the other buildings this way. I like it.

cailes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:28 PM   #511
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Awesome!
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:02 PM   #512
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

I forgot to look for it last night!

I take it from you photos that the blue LEDs are brighter now?
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM   #513
cailes

Likes (Received): 102

Honestly, I dont know. The slow shutter allows the camera to gather lots of light, so it may not be 100% true lighting.

I was in a hurry to get home too, so I didnt stick around. It doesnt feel like it was brighter, but it could have been.

I know, bad answer
cailes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM   #514
IndyYeah

what are the side of the tower? Looks darker and outlined, and was not sure about the outlining materials?
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #515
randella

Likes (Received): 39

looks darker than i thought at night... but i think someone posted before that the old curtain wall has to be removed.
randella no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #516
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailes View Post
Honestly, I dont know. The slow shutter allows the camera to gather lots of light, so it may not be 100% true lighting.

I was in a hurry to get home too, so I didnt stick around. It doesnt feel like it was brighter, but it could have been.

I know, bad answer
lol, that's ok

It's not any brighter, I've checked it out the last couple of nights. I'm still holding on the possibility of them changing the pattern.
Old October 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #517
EddieB317
DE MINIMIS NON CURAT LEX

Likes (Received): 33

Are they going to pull the arch details from the columns at the base of the building? in the latest pictures(see p.2 and p.26) posted they are still there. In all of the renderings (p.1) the columns do not have the arch fillers in between. I think that if they are not going to drastically change the base they should at least pull the arches so that the very static linear design of the new facade is somewhat complimented by the columns.

Just a thought.

Last edited by EddieB317; October 26th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
EddieB317 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #518
Indywatch

It seems to me a quick and easy fix for the pedistal would be to get rid of all the white marble (that cracks and falls off) on the columns and replace it with a flat silver or a satin stainless steel siding of some sort. This would tie back to the new defined borders between the different glass patterns on the above tower and give the base a more modern updated look as well. The dark black glass and fencing facade over the parking garage portion acually ties in fairly well with the black glass on the new tower portion. They could probably get away without having to update it if they are concerned about $$$$.
Indywatch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #519
IndyYeah

As far as I know, the base is not getting anything done to it, nothing! Just seems that something would go on to blend the upper floors with the rest.
Old October 27th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #520
perilouspete

Likes (Received): 10

I think the re-clad looks awesome, job well done. The only thing I don't like is how the left the base look the same, but whatever. Looks pretty badass at night!
perilouspete no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
indianapolis