daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 4th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #41
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

I wrote Kevinfromtexas at SSP concerning the remodel of the Fort Worth Tower. He was nice enough to send me this reply...

Hi there,

I'm not sure exactly how long it took to redo The Tower, but it took at least that long. Of course that building sustained a lot of water damage because after the tornado hit, it rained in. Just about every single window on 2 sides of the building was blown out. It also set vacant for about 4 years, and even with the plywood up in place of the windows, mold started to grow. The interior was also damaged because of the wind. So the building basically had to be gutted because of this. There was also the issue of asbestos, the building was full of it. The actual renovation of the building replaced all the windows, added limestone accents and updated the roof and base. The base actually required new steel to be added.

The building was completed sometime early last year I believe.

John R is the best person to ask about this. He's an architect and lives in Fort Worth.

Check out one of this threads here:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=135156

The tower on the right.

Here's the base.

John R's website, fortwortharchitecture.com with the page on the building.
http://www.fortwortharchitecture.com/bankone.htm

-Kevin[/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #42
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Progress seems so slow. They delivered 16 more beams this morning. No new glass yet but they are systematically tearing out the old framing. It's so hot too. They delivered 4 huge fans this morning as well. Most likely to keep the workers cool on the scaffolding.

Also I spoke with building security. They are talking about beefing up security for when workers need to come inside to tear out the old curtain wall. When the bldg was damaged last year a lot of stuff was stolen while the place was vacant for all those weeks.
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #43
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Likes (Received): 0

WE NEED MORE PICS! GRRR
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #44
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiexInxIndy View Post
WE NEED MORE PICS! GRRR
Nothing appears all that obvious in regards to what's already been posted. I do know they are now working on the south side of the building. I would need to be above it at the Chase Tower to take any photos.
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #45
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
Nothing appears all that obvious in regards to what's already been posted. I do know they are now working on the south side of the building. I would need to be above it at the Chase Tower to take any photos.
*edit Looks like they are about up to the 12th floor with the new beams on the SW corner of the building.
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #46
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

They are starting to remove the old curtain wall from the inside of floors 6,7, and 8 on the NE corner.
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #47
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

Im so excited for this fresh makeover!
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #48
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

I was DT yesterday and noticed that they are now going up above the new windows. This should really make the make-over more apparent. I know it has been said over and over, but this new "skin" is going to really make the skyline look more modern.
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #49
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

I will post more pictures when it's worth the time and effort. Things are progressing slowly. At any given time I might see about 15 -20 workers. Eventually they will speed things up. It's been so freaking hot. TTFN (ta ta for now)
Old August 31st, 2007, 05:13 PM   #50
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing the variations in glass treatment. It's hard to tell what exactly makes them different in the rendering above. The photos I posted weeks ago were of the NE corner. The rendering above shows the south facade.

It looks like the NE corner will mirror the SE corner with the very narrow strip of accent glass on the edge, and the NW corner will mirror the SW corner with the wider accent strip. It's very hard to tell what the top accent stip will look like. We'll have to wait the longest for that!
Old August 31st, 2007, 05:25 PM   #51
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

If you look at the very top banner. That is where there was discussion to install LED lighting. This morning I saw with the lift that they were up to floor 14 on the NE corner. I'll check the SW corner today. Perhaps they are going to do the accented corners first that you reference Ablerock.

*edit* Just found out that they are just about as high up as they will go with these lifts. Next they will start from the roof and work their way down. I guess we"ll have to see what that looks like when it happens.

Last edited by mobyhead; August 31st, 2007 at 10:42 PM.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #52
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

One of my "you didn't hear it from me" sources said there was smoke filling a suite on the 16th floor the other day. I think this is the 4th occurance of fire/smoke due to welding. At least they are halfway up on two sides now.
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #53
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Can You Show Us?

Quote:
One of my "you didn't hear it from me" sources said there was smoke filling a suite on the 16th floor the other day. I think this is the 4th occurance of fire/smoke due to welding. At least they are halfway up on two sides now.
Please may you? I'm back to school in Michigan now... Meh.
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #54
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Please may you? I'm back to school in Michigan now... Meh.
I'll try to bring my camera next week to work. What school you attending? Major?
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #55
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Nice.

Quote:
I'll try to bring my camera next week to work. What school you attending? Major?
Oh dude, i go to CMU for right now & am majoring in real estate & music! I'll probably end up transfering to Ball State tho... But yes, a few new pics would be pretty sweet!
Old September 9th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #56
cityfan

Likes (Received): 1

Moby, you should see if there's anything worth taking photos of at the 3Mass site. It'd be much appreciated. I'd do it myself but i'm out of town for the next two weeks.

Indianapolis: Fastest growing metro (over 1,000,000) in the Midwest. Growth rate of 7.04% between 2000 and 2005.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bsa-01-fmt.csv
cityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #57
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Found some information on an old tri-fold card that they handed out when Indiana Square was first built (and actually by looking at the dates provided this card was printed before the building was done). Some of the facts...

Important Dates:
Building announcement: 9/15/66
Demolition begun: 6/9/67
Ground breaking: 8/10/67
First Steel Erected: 12/15/67
Topping out: Sept 1968 (est.)
Completion: Late 1969 (est.)

Cost: Excess of 20 million
Structural Steel: 7,400 tons
Wiring: 265 miles
Tower dimensions: Width 100 feet, length 170 feet
Base Dimension: 200 X 400 feet
Glass for Exterior Walls: 350,000 Square Feet

17 elevators:
Low-rise 500 feet per minute
Mid-rise 700 feet per minute
High-rise 1,000 feet per minute

Exterior Finish of Building:
Duranodic aluminum
Solargray glass
White Italian marble

Rentable space: 677,590 Square Feet

Building Height:
1,221 above sea level
504 feet above ground level.

Heliport: 38th level (roof)
Observation Terrace: 36th floor
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #58
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Just noticed that they have 3 more renderings posted in our West lobby. Unable to find them on-line as of yet. I'll keep looking.
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #59
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

New Renderings Huh?

Quote:
Just noticed that they have 3 more renderings posted in our West lobby. Unable to find them on-line as of yet. I'll keep looking.
I would LUST to see them!
Old September 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #60
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
I would LUST to see them!
I e-mailed Cory over at IBJ Property Lines the other day. He might have some luck getting them on-line somewhere.

Tags
indianapolis