daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 13th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #61
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Likes (Received): 0

Thank You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
I e-mailed Cory over at IBJ Property Lines the other day. He might have some luck getting them on-line somewhere.
Thank you very much! (Elvis Accent)

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #62
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Just noticed that they have 3 more renderings posted in our West lobby. Unable to find them on-line as of yet. I'll keep looking.
Would that be a lobby that's open to the public?
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #63
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

Yes, It's the West Lobby entrance right off of Penn. You will see fencing up everywhere but it's still accessible. Lobby hours are Mon-Fri 6am to 7pm. If you are here at lunchtime there is a nice Bistro downstairs. Just take the escalators.
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #64
ablerock

Quote:
Yes, It's the West Lobby entrance right off of Penn. You will see fencing up everywhere but it's still accessible. Lobby hours are Mon-Fri 6am to 7pm. If you are here at lunchtime there is a nice Bistro downstairs. Just take the escalators.
Cool! Thanks. I'm checking it out at lunch tomorrow. :-)
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:05 AM   #65
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

I am just ITCHING for some updates!
Old September 18th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #66
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

They delivered a shitload of glass panels this morning. The crates are labeled floor 6,7,8, etc. The scaffolding is at the 22nd floor today and they have the beams installed up to the 16th floor. Looks like they are ready to go balls out on this project.

Last edited by mobyhead; September 18th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #67
ablerock

Here are some shots of the renderings Mobyhead discovered in the lobby. Disregard all colors, as these are photos of prints. A better idea of the final color can be gleaned from the images I posted in this thread a few weeks ago.

Looking at NW corner:

Closeup of NW corner:

Looking at SW corner:

Closeup of SW corner 1:

Closeup of SW corner 2:

Looking at SE corner:

Old September 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #68
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Thanks Ablerock. Helps put the remodel in a better perspective I think.
Had another delivery of glass this morning. They're cruising right along.
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #69
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

OOOH...I love the new images! This is really going to breathe new life into a boring box. This will definitely update the skyline and give the city a "neweer" look, since most of our talls date from the late '80's.

It appears that the top of the north and south sides are infact going to have LCD lighting. This will be great for the night skyline. Now if we could just get some night renderings!
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #70
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Yes!

Not only that but... it appears the top is larger than the bottom (like it shrinks as it gets towards the bottom) perhaps that's an optical illiusion? But yes... I also like the current glass (the spearmint green color) they have going up better than that blue!
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #71
NaptownBoy
1981 Civic

Likes (Received): 5

This brings us one step closer to having a skyline that we can be proud of when watching it on Monday Night Football.

I can't wait to see the various messages that will be flashed across the top of that thing during the night, like Go Colts or Ditch Mitch...
NaptownBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #72
Indywatch

Interesting

I guess it's just an optical illusion but I swear in each of the pictures it looks as though the building is getting wider as you go up (cone shaped). Also.... anyone notice the section of glass panals (with the possible LED display above) on the north and south sides, that is different from the corners are not centered on or symetrical but offset to the east. That seems a bit peculiar. Its very noticable in the last pic. I guess we'll have to see the finished effect will be.
Indywatch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:48 PM   #73
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownBoy View Post
This brings us one step closer to having a skyline that we can be proud of when watching it on Monday Night Football.

I can't wait to see the various messages that will be flashed across the top of that thing during the night, like Go Colts or Ditch Mitch...
I happen to pride myself in our skyline! Like i've said once before "it's subtle yet striking"
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #74
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Just spoke with one of my sources. They are in fact going to add some height to the building to accommodate the LED along the roof line. Currently there is about a 4 foot wall extending up from the base of the roof. Also he informed me that Long Electric is doing some preliminary work over at the Chase Tower. They are going to install some type of computerized lighting on that building, perhaps on that ledge about 1/4th of the way up. It will allow the tower there to bask in a glow that they can change colors.
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #75
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Wait, Wait

Quote:
Just spoke with one of my sources. They are in fact going to add some height to the building to accommodate the LED along the roof line. Currently there is about a 4 foot wall extending up from the base of the roof. Also he informed me that Long Electric is doing some preliminary work over at the Chase Tower. They are going to install some type of computerized lighting on that building, perhaps on that ledge about 1/4th of the way up. It will allow the tower there to bask in a glow that they can change colors.
So the Chase Tower is supposed to get some LED lighting too? That would be freaking sweet!
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #76
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Also he informed me that Long Electric is doing some preliminary work over at the Chase Tower. They are going to install some type of computerized lighting on that building, perhaps on that ledge about 1/4th of the way up. It will allow the tower there to bask in a glow that they can change colors.

I have been saying this for YEARS!!!!!!!! Now, if they would do some lighting work inside of the crown too, they could make Chase Tower very dramatic at night. I mean, it is 811' tall for christ sake!

Also, I read that the AUL building is getting new signage "to show better" at night.
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #77
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiexInxIndy View Post
So the Chase Tower is supposed to get some LED lighting too? That would be freaking sweet!
No no no. I'm assuming they will be like floodlights that shine upwards at the tower. The Indiana War Memorial has kind of the same thing. It glows blue right now but they can change the color to meet their needs.
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #78
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758 View Post
I have been saying this for YEARS!!!!!!!! Now, if they would do some lighting work inside of the crown too, they could make Chase Tower very dramatic at night. I mean, it is 811' tall for christ sake!

Also, I read that the AUL building is getting new signage "to show better" at night.
Maybe they can do what some of the towers in Hong Kong do. They really like to show it off....

image hosted on flickr
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #79
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Wow. The new renderings look fantastic(for this tower)!
The colors arent thrilling, but they are refreshing from just dark blue glass.
It does seem like it gets bigger as it goes up, but I think this is just an optical illusion.
I wish they would do something with the base(and repair those old statues!).
It would make a fantastic outdoor cafe!
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #80
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unionstation13 View Post
I wish they would do something with the base(and repair those old statues!).
It would make a fantastic outdoor cafe!
Our Bistro downstairs is through Crystal Foods. They had a food cart thing out on that plaza a few years back. It didn't go over very well. Also there used to be a fountain over there but it was leaking into the kitchen downstairs. So they filled it with dirt and planted some greenery.

Tags
indianapolis