daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 21st, 2007, 02:37 AM   #101
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

wow this project is going fast!

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2007, 05:45 PM   #102
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

Yes, however they still only are using a handful of workers. Maybe 15-20 people at any given time. It's going to start getting cold soon. They certainly earn whatever they are paid! I wouldn't do that type of work for any money in the world. Just like those window washers they are adrenaline junkies.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM   #103
hello345

Likes (Received): 70

The reclad wil make this building look more modern and european
hello345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #104
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

They are delivering yet another truckload of glass panels this morning. The 3rd in a week.
Old September 26th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #105
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Again another load of windows being delivered today. OK. That will be the last delivery update. :-) Bottom line is they are really moving along. Wish I had my camera with me this morning. The crane was lifting a porta-potty up to the 5th floor terrace. It was quite the sight.

Last edited by mobyhead; September 26th, 2007 at 04:45 PM.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #106
altfelix

Likes (Received): 27

Do you know who the new facade supplier is?
altfelix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #107
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

The semis are owner-operated. The one that delivered this morning was from Ohio. I'll try to find out and reply later.

***edit, Jones and Brown out of Addison, IL. http://www.jonesandbrowncompany.com/company_profile.asp
Old September 27th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #108
altfelix

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
The semis are owner-operated. The one that delivered this morning was from Ohio. I'll try to find out and reply later.

***edit, Jones and Brown out of Addison, IL. http://www.jonesandbrowncompany.com/company_profile.asp
Thanks, isn't that the same firm responsible for the reclad in the 1990's?
altfelix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #109
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Likes (Received): 0

Actually It Was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by altfelix View Post
Thanks, isn't that the same firm responsible for the reclad in the 1990's?
I just went to their site & indeed it was the same people! And one thing, is it weird that i liked the orignal facade before the one we have right now? I'm talking about the FIRST one over the SECOND one... Obviously the glass one going up right now will be MUCH better than either of them!
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #110
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:

Not so fast. I need to clarify. The truck unloading today was out of Cleveland, Ohio.
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #111
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Duuuuude MobyHead

I'm CRAVING some updated pictures! Please?
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #112
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Erich there really isn't anything to see. They have the scaffolding up to roughly the 25th floor, however no new glass has been installed. From what I understand they (SSI) are working on the inside as well doing some abatement. (asbestos?)
Old September 28th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #113
pig
oink^

Likes (Received): 65

There was a blurb in the Star today (that of course I can't find right now) that indicated that we should start to see the new panels going up a lot faster now that testing is complete.
pig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #114
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig View Post
There was a blurb in the Star today (that of course I can't find right now) that indicated that we should start to see the new panels going up a lot faster now that testing is complete.
I do know that someone has to come in and inspect each and every weld.
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #115
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Is it me OR would a massive green roof on the pedestal base of this building work wonders?
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #116
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Suhweet!

Quote:
It wasn't exactly a "green roof" in the literal sense but the 5th floor terrace had several trees, shrubs, bushes, etc before the work started. It's quite possible that it would be worked in later. Seeing how Mauer is involved in 3Mass too and that is a green roof project. I did a Google map of 151 N Delaware street. You can kind of see the planters on the terrace over here when you zoom in....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=19&iwloc=addr
I'm also speaking of the massive roof due to the east of that. All that concrete sure could use some greenery! Also, are there any updates if the JWub will infact have a green roof too?
Old September 28th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #117
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiexInxIndy View Post
I'm also speaking of the massive roof due to the east of that. All that concrete sure could use some greenery! Also, are there any updates if the JWub will infact have a green roof too?
That would be a great idea. They have had problems in the past with that tar/gravel roof leaking over the 5th floor conference center. You oughta e-mail Todd.... [email protected]
Old September 30th, 2007, 05:27 AM   #118
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

I'm Seriously E-Mailing Him Right Now...

Quote:
That would be a great idea. They have had problems in the past with that tar/gravel roof leaking over the 5th floor conference center. You oughta e-mail Todd.... [email protected]
So you seriously think that this may work?
Old October 4th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #119
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

10/4/07

From Building Management....

Work Update

We are now several months into the new curtain wall project and the work is progressing on schedule in the first phase or “Sequence A”. This area is the first two vertical window sections on the North and South sides of the building. The installation of supports and mounting tubes in these two areas is scheduled to be completed from top to bottom by the end of the month. In the next few days additional scaffolding will be erected in the next two vertical window sections moving counterclockwise on both sides of the building or “Sequence B”. Work will start in “Sequence B” immediately after “Sequence A” is complete. Also at that time, the installation of new curtain wall panels will start in “Sequence A”.

To clarify what some of you have experienced and what all of you at some time during the project may experience, the following is a description of the work currently being performed:

The exterior metal column panels are removed. The only way to remove the panels is to cut them off with a power saw. Unfortunately, this process is very noisy. As the work is on your floor or immediately above or below your floor, the noise is very prominent. After the panels are removed, at every column on every floor, supports are welded to the vertical steel column that is exposed when the exterior panels are removed. The area around the column is insulated but not completely sealed due to HVAC pipes running along the columns. Before welding, additional insulation is stuffed into the opening and a welding shield is put in place. As the welding is being done a “smoke eater” is held next to the welding torch in an effort to contain the smoke from the welding. Unfortunately, even with all this precautionary work, at times, some welding smoke does get into the column and into the building. If at any time you smell or experience smoke in your immediate area or suite, please call the management office. We will notify the workers, the work will be stopped and additional efforts will be made to contain the smoke before work continues.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:22 PM   #120
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Absolutely nothing new to report. My son will be potty-trained and speaking in complete sentences by the time this job is finished.

Tags
indianapolis