daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:17 PM   #121
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhead View Post
From Building Management....

Work Update

We are now several months into the new curtain wall project and the work is progressing on schedule in the first phase or “Sequence A”. This area is the first two vertical window sections on the North and South sides of the building. The installation of supports and mounting tubes in these two areas is scheduled to be completed from top to bottom by the end of the month. In the next few days additional scaffolding will be erected in the next two vertical window sections moving counterclockwise on both sides of the building or “Sequence B”. Work will start in “Sequence B” immediately after “Sequence A” is complete. Also at that time, the installation of new curtain wall panels will start in “Sequence A”.
Interesting. Thanks for the post.

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:39 AM   #122
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Absolutely nothing new to report. My son will be potty-trained and speaking in complete sentences by the time this job is finished.
This sucks.
hoosier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:00 PM   #123
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Likes (Received): 14

They are up to the tippy top on the northeast corner of the building. Yet another truckload of glass was delivered this morning. I hear they are about 4weeks behind schedule.
mobyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 06:46 AM   #124
cityfan

Likes (Received): 1

I don't think I've ever seen a slower progressing project. (Besides MSA redevelopment of course)

Indianapolis: Fastest growing metro (over 1,000,000) in the Midwest. Growth rate of 7.04% between 2000 and 2005.

http://www.census.gov/population/www...bsa-01-fmt.csv
cityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #125
IndyYeah

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a slower progressing project. (Besides MSA redevelopment of course)
I was there yestereday, and was shocked at the lack of progress. I guess that it is a complicated process, from what I am gathering. I think that my past observations on the bottom 4 floors and roof area will seem even more real than I thought. Wow, what a clash it will be. I spent alot of time looking around that building, however the top 32 floors will look so nice.
IndyYeah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #126
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

On the Northeast corner they have taken off the white border along the roof line. You can clearly make out the word Indiana, from when Indiana National Bank adorned the top. Interesting to say the least.
Old November 10th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #127
IndyYeah

Quote:
On the Northeast corner they have taken off the white border along the roof line. You can clearly make out the word Indiana, from when Indiana National Bank adorned the top. Interesting to say the least.
Wish the lower border was taken off as well. My children and I walked by the Mass area which is my kind of area, and my beloved 3 Mass looks ready to get some things started. Indiana Plaza will at least look great the upper 32 floors. Much better than the past 36 years.
Old November 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #128
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Courtesy of IBJ's Property Lines....

Old November 30th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #129
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Building another motorized scaffold on the North side. Starting to install more glass as of yesterday (northeast corner).
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #130
SpiderMonkey

Likes (Received): 36

They hung 5 new pains of glass today on the northeast corner. 3 Mass is coming along nicely too. They have a big smooth dirth bottom hole now.
SpiderMonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:38 AM   #131
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

The light blue curtain wall is being installed oner the existing black-coloured facade. Is that because of the 2006 facade damage and the light blue glass panel that was put on one side? The building was last reclad in the mid-1990s. Wouldn't renovations like that require removal of the old facade?
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM   #132
ablerock

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
The light blue curtain wall is being installed oner the existing black-coloured facade. Is that because of the 2006 facade damage and the light blue glass panel that was put on one side? The building was last reclad in the mid-1990s. Wouldn't renovations like that require removal of the old facade?
The old facade will be removed once the new facade is in place. I have no idea how, but that's the plan. The building is actually gaining a tiny bit of floor space.

I'm sure Mobyhead will take some pictures for us once that begins.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 07:06 PM   #133
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablerock View Post
The old facade will be removed once the new facade is in place. I have no idea how, but that's the plan. The building is actually gaining a tiny bit of floor space.

I'm sure Mobyhead will take some pictures for us once that begins.
Yeppers. They are removing the old from the inside. Yes it will add a bit to the floor space. Therefor the need to extend the existing sprinkler pipes. I will take photos once more substantial progress is noticed.
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #134
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Update 12/19/07

Rode an elevator with one of the workers with Wilhelm Construction. He mentioned that they will start moving at a faster clip when the "other" tower gets finished and they have a larger crew to work with. As of this afternoon they were installing glass on the 12th floor, Northeast. Also another semi delivered panels this morning. The crates were marked 27,28,and 29th floors.
Old December 20th, 2007, 06:08 AM   #135
araman0
Purdue U. / Marquette U.

Likes (Received): 466

I would love to see some recent pictures of the building, if anyone has them. Don't get to go to Indy anymore now that I'm in Wisconsin.

I think this project will do wonders for giving downtown a more modern look overall.
araman0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #136
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

the north facade is really coming along. You can definitely tell that there are changes being made and they look great! This tower with the new JW Marriott is really going to add some much needed "life" to the City's skyline!
Old December 20th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #137
mobyhead
Coleman the Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by araman0 View Post
I would love to see some recent pictures of the building, if anyone has them. Don't get to go to Indy anymore now that I'm in Wisconsin.

I think this project will do wonders for giving downtown a more modern look overall.
We close at Noon next Monday. I'll bring my camera.
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #138
SpiderMonkey

Likes (Received): 36

They are finally making progress. Looks they have ten floors down on the NE corner. They are going at about a floor and half a day pace it seems. Of course today, I haven't seen anything going on because of the rain. They are also making progress on removing the old and placing support beams accross on the next section.

Still not quite enough to visualize how it will look finished, but at least there are some very visible changes now.
SpiderMonkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #139
IndyIndependent

Pictures? Please.
IndyIndependent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 04:05 AM   #140
IndyYeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMonkey View Post
They are finally making progress. Looks they have ten floors down on the NE corner. They are going at about a floor and half a day pace it seems. Of course today, I haven't seen anything going on because of the rain. They are also making progress on removing the old and placing support beams accross on the next section.

Still not quite enough to visualize how it will look finished, but at least there are some very visible changes now.
That is quite abit compared to progress a couple months ago. Do you think that there are more workers now like someone said was going to happen. Moby? Also, If that lower part does not get done, I wonder if a cheaper paint- cleanup-whatever, will be done to somehow blend the lower quarter with the upper 32 floors.

Tags
indianapolis