daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General discussions > Regional development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #1
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 96

ch1le looking for work!

Hey guys!

I would just like to ask you for a favour.
Since I dont speak norwegian or Swedish that well(at all, actually), I cant keep track of your architectural competitions from your respective architect union webpages.

So Im asking you to inform me, in this thread, about imminent or on-going open architectural competitions in your countries so me and my associates can take part in them.

Best wishes,

ch1le.

Also, we are awesome architects - www.sportsport.ee
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 28th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #2
virgule82

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1le View Post
Hey guys!

I would just like to ask you for a favour.
Since I dont speak norwegian or Swedish that well(at all, actually), I cant keep track of your architectural competitions from your respective architect union webpages.

So Im asking you to inform me, in this thread, about imminent or on-going open architectural competitions in your countries so me and my associates can take part in them.

Best wishes,

ch1le.
All competitions and tenders in the public sector in Norway should be announced here:

Unfortunately, the announcements tend to be in Norwegian. The word you're looking for is Arkitektkonkurranse (architecture competition), arkitekttjenester (architectural services) or plan- og designkonkurranse (should be obvious). I suppose you could use Google English to help you out, I'm sure people on this board would be willing to help too. Right now I can see an archive in Sandefjord, a kindergarten in Lyngdal , a high school in Bryne and a centre foor books and blues music (!) in Notodden. Maybe some of that might interest you.

Edit: Keep in mind that many of these require you to submit proposals in Norwegian, you would have to get stuff translated

Last edited by virgule82; June 28th, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
virgule82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #3
René Kedus
NAA

Likes (Received): 34

without being tacky:
René Kedus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Jarmo K
3:36

Likes (Received): 42

martin, it's a common practice to have a translation company translate all competition materials. tends to be pricy and from experience i can say that sometimes these 'assembly line translators' tend to do a lousy job. all you have to do is find a potentially interesting competition... and then design something

i hope the union of estonian architects' homepage will soon have a section for stuff like that, winkwink.
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #5
ch1le
always on

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgule82 View Post
All competitions and tenders in the public sector in Norway should be announced here:

Unfortunately, the announcements tend to be in Norwegian. The word you're looking for is Arkitektkonkurranse (architecture competition), arkitekttjenester (architectural services) or plan- og designkonkurranse (should be obvious). I suppose you could use Google English to help you out, I'm sure people on this board would be willing to help too. Right now I can see an archive in Sandefjord, a kindergarten in Lyngdal , a high school in Bryne and a centre foor books and blues music (!) in Notodden. Maybe some of that might interest you.

Edit: Keep in mind that many of these require you to submit proposals in Norwegian, you would have to get stuff translated
fantastic, thanks!

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #6
ch1le
always on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmo K View Post
martin, it's a common practice to have a translation company translate all competition materials. tends to be pricy and from experience i can say that sometimes these 'assembly line translators' tend to do a lousy job. all you have to do is find a potentially interesting competition... and then design something

i hope the union of estonian architects' homepage will soon have a section for stuff like that, winkwink.
Yes, I understand that.
But first, I would really like to understand what the competition is about .
Quite surprising how poor the english documentation is! Atleast in Estonia, when its an international tender, we have proper english documentation, as you already know very well. Im just hoping something like this does exist in Norway, and Im just not able to find it.

otherwise Id just browse Death By Architecture, but they have so few competitions from the nordic region.
Damn you for your inner market protection!

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #7
virgule82

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1le View Post
Yes, I understand that.
But first, I would really like to understand what the competition is about .
Quite surprising how poor the english documentation is! Atleast in Estonia, when its an international tender, we have proper english documentation, as you already know very well. Im just hoping something like this does exist in Norway, and Im just not able to find it.

otherwise Id just browse Death By Architecture, but they have so few competitions from the nordic region.
Damn you for your inner market protection!
Heh, I think that they only bother making proper English documentation for very large projects like the national museum. For smaller projects, Norwegian documentation is enough since there are plenty of architects from the three Scandinavian countries. It makes it a lot easier for local officials whose English may only be conversational and not really good enough for technical documention. - unfortunately it also obviously makes it harder for non-Scandinavian architects.
virgule82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #8
Boscorelli

Likes (Received): 19

A swedish link:

in english
http://www.arkitekt.se/s34693

In swedish (don't know if there is more information here)
http://www.arkitekt.se/tavlingar/aktuella

You can subsrcribe to get updated architecture competitions so you get them through email.

Last edited by Boscorelli; June 29th, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
Boscorelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM   #9
estlander
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

ch1le, happy good work!
wise and good topic,

cheers
estlander no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #10
ch1le
always on

still havent found anything

Old July 16th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #11
Jarmo K
3:36

Likes (Received): 42

heeyheeey let's all congratulate our dear martin for receiving one of the purchase prizes in the open competition to redesign seminari street in the town of rakvere!

Täna 15. juulil selgusid Rakvere Seminari tänava lineaarpargiks kujundamise ja piirneva ala kortermajade fassaadide rekonstrueerimise ideevõistluse võitjad.

Ideevõistluse ˛ürii pidas esitatud töid kõrgetasemelisteks ja valis välja kaks üksteisest erinevat võidutööd ning neli ostuauhinna väärilist ideelahendust. Võidutööd võetakse aluseks edaspidiste tegevuste kavandamisel. ˇürii tunnistas võitjateks võistlustööd nimega „Linna Metsa” ja „Elementaalne”. „Linna Metsa” autoriteks on Kadri Klementi, Aet Ader, Grete Soosalu, Kaidi Õis, Karin Tõugu, Mikk Meelak ja Kalle Komissarov ja võistlustöö „Elementaalne” autoriteks on Kai Süda, Diana Taalfeld ja Risto Parve (OÜ KARISMA arhitektid). ˇürii otsustas välja anda neli ostuauhinda: märgusõnale „Roheline Konstruktor” arhitektuuribüroo KOSMOS, autoriteks Mihkel Tüür, Ott Kadarik ja Villem Tomiste; märgusõnale „Liinid” autoriteks Eva Kedelauk, Kristel Niisuke, Maie Raud, Kristiina Remmelkoor, Olav Remmelkoor ja Siim Tiisvelt, märgusõnale „Baruto” Sport OÜ autoriteks Anna-Liisa Unt, Martin McLean, Robert Kähr ja Tiit Sild; märgusõnale „Fake Forest” Arhitektuuribüroo Järve & Tuulik, autoriteks Lea Järve- Eronen, Erik Joasare ja Tiina Tuulik.

Ideevõistluse preemiafondi suurus on kokku 250 000 krooni, millest võitjad saavad a´ 75 000.- kr ja nelja ostuauhinna saajad a´25 000.- kr. Ideevõistlusele laekus kokku neliteist tööd ning nendest avatakse peatselt näitus sellea aasta septembris.

Ideevõistluse zürii lõppprotokoll on üles pandus võistluse veebilehele http://w3.rakvere.ee/hang. Ideevõistluse lõpprotokolli lisa zürii kommentaaridega kõigi laekunud tööde kohta avalikustakse koos näituse avamisega selle aasta septembris.

Täname kõikki kes esitasid oma töö ja panustasid sellega Rakvere linnaruumi arengusse!

Austusega,
Arhit ektuurivõistluse korraldajad
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #12
dj4life

Likes (Received): 14328

Congratulations and good luck!
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #13
Tin_Can

Renders or it didn't happen!

Congratulations,ch1le!
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #14
ch1le
always on

Its not a job!

But http://www.virumaateataja.ee/?id=288045

Sadly, the article doesnt mention purchase prizes (-.-). Atleast my teams work (and one of the co-authors) is in the header picture.

Last edited by ch1le; July 18th, 2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #15
Žróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 1037

sweet! congratulation!
Žróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #16
Gatis

Likes (Received): 425

May be this is interesting for you:

http://www.buzzpodium.lv/airbaltic/a...w-terminal/pdf

Ambermarks - landmarks of Latvia
Gatis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #17
ch1le
always on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatis View Post
May be this is interesting for you:

http://www.buzzpodium.lv/airbaltic/a...w-terminal/pdf
will check it out. Sadly, not too much information in that brief - maybe they send materials when you register.

But thank you for notifying me. Exactly what I need.