daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:33 PM   #361
KB

Likes (Received): 6843

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I wonder if the Faisalabad - Gojra motorway opened to traffic. I can't find any news reports on that, other than old reports from November that stated it would open in mid-December. A significant motorway opening like that would surely attract media and political attention.

The area has had persistent dense fog in recent weeks that closed down motorways, so it may have been the reason why it hasn't been inaugurated yet.
Its just one part of the motorway from Faisalabad to Multan, which is divided into 4 sections. The motorway would be formally inaugurated when the whole project is complete but traffic has started moving on the section that is complete.

I have friends who have traveled on this part last month. Toll booths are (were) still not functional so it was a free ride. By "opening", I think they mean they will start operating the toll booths.
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2015, 04:31 PM   #362
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Which section is in service (from ... to ..., length...)? Do you know the estimated completion dates of the other sections?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 07:33 PM   #363
Sherjee278
Road Traveler

Likes (Received): 5299

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Which section is in service (from ... to ..., length...)? Do you know the estimated completion dates of the other sections?
M-4 Section-1 Faisalabad to Gojra--58Km operational.

M-4 Section-4 Khanewal to Multan(U/C)--54Km Expected opening in september 2015.

M-4 Section-2 Gojra to Shorkot-- ~60km (Now merged with Karachi-Lahore Motorway(KLM), work on KLM expected to start in coming weeks/months.)

M-4 Section-3 Shorkot to Khanewal-- ~55km (Now merged with Karachi-Lahore Motorway(KLM), work on KLM expected to start in coming weeks/months.)

Estimated Opening Date of KLM is Last quarter of 2017/1st half of 2018.

MichiH liked this post
Sherjee278 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 07:40 PM   #364
MichiH

Thanks. My fault, sorry .

Keep us up-to-date if works will been started.
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:40 PM   #365
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

M4 Faisalabad - Gojra 'almost completed' and 'inauguration soon'.

http://pakobserver.net/detailnews.asp?id=258985
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #366
Sherjee278
Road Traveler

The Longest Tunnel on KKH (4485mt) will connect Gojal to Central Hunza in the mid of 2015. CRBC

January 01: China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), a construction company from China successfully completed the longest tunnel (4485 meter) over on new alignment to connect traffic from Central Hunza to Gojal Upper Hunza, which has been suspended for five years due to the Attabad Lake. CRBC arranged a colorful ceremony on 30th December 2014 to celebrate this historic millstone.

According to CRBC officials, this realignment of KKH (24km) including two tunnels, seven large-high and 2 small bridges, 70 culverts and 80.583 cum retaining walls will be completed and opened for all traffics by mid of 2015.

verreme, Tom 958, fpga123 liked this post
Old January 14th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #367
fpga123

Likes (Received): 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherjee278 View Post
The Longest Tunnel on KKH (4485mt) will connect Gojal to Central Hunza in the mid of 2015. CRBC

According to CRBC officials, this realignment of KKH (24km) including two tunnels, seven large-high and 2 small bridges, 70 culverts and 80.583 cum retaining walls will be completed and opened for all traffics by mid of 2015.
Wow, look how fast they are, in front of impossible odds, in such a remote area. No kind of effort in our country, on road construction, can compare to what they did and will do in such a short amount of time.
fpga123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 09:29 PM   #368
ChrisZwolle
Road user

M9 Karachi - Hyderabad

Construction work of M-9 to start soon

National Highways Authority (NHA) would start physical work on Karachi-Hyderabad Motorway (M-9) project soon.

Presently Super Highway was in dilapidated condition due to heavy traffic and expiry of its designed period.

Twice in past few years NHA awarded contract to two firms on build, operate, transfer basis but both failed to complete financial close as per conditions of the contract and their contracts were terminated.
Full report: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/busines...-to-start-soon
Old February 18th, 2015, 08:50 PM   #369
ChrisZwolle
Road user

M4 Khanewal - Multan (57 km) will open in September 2015.

http://www.brecorder.com/pakistan/ge...ws/225854.html
Old February 19th, 2015, 04:44 PM   #370
ChrisZwolle
Road user

M4 Faisalabad - Gojra opening has been delayed by another two months. They wait for Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to cut the ribbon.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1162444
Old February 21st, 2015, 02:22 PM   #371
MichiH

Quote:
M4 Faisalabad - Gojra opening has been delayed by another two months. They wait for Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to cut the ribbon.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1162444
Quote:
The people, however, say the road should immediately be opened to traffic without the inauguration which could take place at the convenience of the prime minister.
That means, the road is completed - maybe used by cars since Mid of December 2014 - but not yet OFFICIALLY in service.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old March 12th, 2015, 12:25 AM   #372
Sherjee278
Road Traveler

PM performs ground-breaking ceremony for Karachi-Lahore motorway March 11, 2015

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif arrived in the city to attend the ground-breaking ceremony for the Karachi-Lahore Motorway project.

“The next route will be from Hyderabad to Sukkur and then to Multan,” the premier said, while addressing the ground-breaking ceremony.

He added, “Good infrastructure in the country is my wish and the motorway project is very close to my heart.”

“We are disbursing money for the project from PSDP and not borrowing,” he added.

Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ebad and Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah received the premier at the airport and accompanied him during the ceremony.

In the first phase, the motorway will be constructed from Karachi to Hyderabad and will stretch to Lahore as part of the M-9 project.

The motorway is expected to cost Rs36 billion and will be completed in 30 months.

Intoxication liked this post
Old March 13th, 2015, 11:22 PM   #373
ChrisZwolle
Road user

M4 Faisalabad - Gojra will likely be inaugurated on 16 March.

http://nation.com.pk/national/13-Mar...ection-on-16th

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Sherjee278 liked this post
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:08 PM   #374
MichiH

Quote:
PM performs ground-breaking ceremony for Karachi-Lahore motorway March 11, 2015

In the first phase, the motorway will be constructed from Karachi to Hyderabad and will stretch to Lahore as part of the M-9 project.

The motorway is expected to cost Rs36 billion and will be completed in 30 months.
If I got it right, the first section - where construction has been started - has a length of 136km. It will be completed by late 2017 (30 months)!? Where is the 136km section, can you show it on a map?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:27 PM   #375
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think that is the modernizing and widening of existing M9 from Karachi to Hyderabad.
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:59 PM   #376
n20
Vicarious Urbanizer

Congratulations Pakistan! We expect to see photos of the M4 motorway (Faisalabad - Gojra) that's opening on Monday.
n20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 02:39 AM   #377
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

What about the Karachi-Lahore motorway?
How about the progress?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:59 PM   #378
Sherjee278
Road Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by n20 View Post
Congratulations Pakistan! We expect to see photos of the M4 motorway (Faisalabad - Gojra) that's opening on Monday.
Quote:

Credits: harib4u @Pakwheels

n20, Ashtonian liked this post
Old March 16th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #379
MichiH

Quote:
M4 Faisalabad - Gojra will likely be inaugurated on 16 March.

http://nation.com.pk/national/13-Mar...ection-on-16th
http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2015...-inauguration/

Quote:
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was unable to attend the inauguration of Multan-Faisalabad Motorway project in Gojra on Monday as Christians protesting against the church attacks blocked his route.
The acting Punjab Governor Rana Iqbal had to inaugurate the motorway in the premier’s absence.
I guess it's in service now.

Sherjee278 liked this post
Old March 22nd, 2015, 11:40 AM   #380
MichiH

Quote:
MichiH update the list please.

Pakistan
M-9--Karachi-Hyderabad-136km-6 lane-(10 March 2015)-(10 sep 2017)--Map
Thank you. I already asked you, but you didn't response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
If I got it right, the first section - where construction has been started - has a length of 136km. It will be completed by late 2017 (30 months)!? Where is the 136km section, can you show it on a map?
Quote:
I think that is the modernizing and widening of existing M9 from Karachi to Hyderabad.
If I got Chris' answer right, the existing M9 has already motorway standard, hasn't it?

Quote:
The definition of motorway and expressway status is country-specific. The subsequent definition describes the pre-conditions which must be fulfilled to add new projects:

New motorways and expressways are projects which are currently under construction or have been opened since 1st January 2014.
The pre-conditions to be added to the list are, that the future road:
- must feature 2 carriageways with each 2 lanes
- must be grade-separated
- should be access-controlled
It doesn't matter if the future road will feature hard shoulders.
A median is not mandatory but there must be a fixed barrier between the carriageways, for instance guard railing.
If a 2nd carriageway is planned but not yet u/c, the project is added if the other pre-conditions - except barrier - are already fulfilled.
Projects which were under construction but are suspended now, are added too, if the completion is still planned by the countries demand plan.
In addition, roads will be added which will be rededicated to motorway or expressway status of the respective country.
Widening projects are not included.
The opening date does not refer to the completion of the works but to the official opening of the road.
Which requirement is not yet fulfilled and will be managed by the current modernization? Widening projects, e.g. 2x2 to 2x3, are not included in the list at all.