daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #81
Rizzato
Blue Collar
 
Rizzato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 899
Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Luis View Post
Its not my favorite design by any chance but still it deserves a lot of credit, its a Rem Koolhas building in a great location, right next to the Chapultepec Park and with that height it certainly will become the next Mexico City landmark, i guess we all have to try to imagine this tower built, behold a Glass Monster!
The shape will make it seem even bigger and because of the location and the elevation of the terrain it would be seen from almost any point of the city and it will look taller. Im hoping to see it already under construction ASAP!
it will look massive, from everywhere! the perfect landmark to find your way around
Rizzato no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #82
1984 D.F.
Mex-Mty-Qro
 
1984 D.F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MEX-MTY-QRO
Posts: 231
Likes (Received): 1366

...
[QUOTE=xoceelias;14423395]
__________________
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
1984 D.F. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #83
SoHype!
T O N I G H T
 
SoHype!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MXCity
Posts: 6,492
Likes (Received): 8027

Quote:
As Mexico approaches the 200th anniversary of its independence, it is emerging as an increasingly important urban center both in Latin America and the world at large. In an architectural age defined by the pursuit of expression at all costs, the Torre Bicentenario is building whose unique form is responsive rather than frivolous. A building whose form facilitates rather than complicates its use. An icon that offers Mexico City and the nation a symbol of the coming bicentennial (the tallest building in Latin America), but also an important new element within the citys urban life.

In 1810, Mexico gained its independence from Spain. 100 years later the Mexican Revolution began Mexicos political modernity. A century later Mexico and its capital stand at the brink of another quantum leap: a nation at home in a globalized world, in which economic prosperity and a new cultural flourishing promise to transform the nation and its capital.

OMA.eu
FACT SHEET
  • Status:
    2007 Commission; Concept Design Completed
  • Client:
    Grupo DANHOS
  • Site:
    Northeast corner of Chapultepec Park, adjacent to the interchange of two major highways
  • Program:
    Total 393,8850 m2: AAA Offices 165,600 m2; Ballroom 4,380 m2; Convention 3,700 m2; Gym 300 m2; Lobbies 1,600 m2; Shops / restuarants 3,430 m2; Loading, Storage, Kitchen 6,860 m2; Mechanical 11,980 m2 = 197,850 m2; Site Museum 200m2 & Parking 195 800m2 = 196,000 m2
    300m Tall; 40m wide at base and top; 60m & 73m.

COLLABORATORS
  • Local Architect:
    Laboratory of Architecture - Fernando Romero, Dolores Robles-Martinez
  • Engineers:
    Arup - David Scott, Chris Carroll, Ricardo Pittella, Michael Willford, Bruce McKinlay, Julian Sutherland, Alistair Guthrie, Huseyin Darama, Yuvaraj Saravanan, Betsy Price, Keith Frankllin, Matt Clarke, Renee Mackay-Lyons
  • Elevator Consultants:
    Van Deusen & Associates - Ahmet Tanyeri
  • Model:
    Vincent de Rijk
  • Book:
    Irma Boom Design - Irma Boom, Sonja Haller





__________________

"El futuro es lo obsoleto en reversa". Vladimir Nabokov
a r c h i t e c t u r e / r e a l _ e s t a t e

Last edited by SoHype!; July 24th, 2007 at 08:37 PM.
SoHype! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #84
LAX 777
lax 777
 
LAX 777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Monterey Park, Rosemead, San Gabriel, Temple City, San Marino, Arcadia, Sierra Madre
Posts: 117
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec Eagle View Post
Wen built it suposed to be the tallest in Latin America,Im Mexican and i not a fan,i dont like it!

Chiles Costanera Tower has a more pleasing view.
I hope they change Arquitects and have a Mexican Arquitect instead,i personally dont whant a City full of ugly skyscrapers like in Panamas,yes theres a lot of tall ones but they all look ugly and defenetly not fisrt world.
Well that's a pretty nationalistic thing to say. Its also close-minded. Only a Mexican can design in Mexico. Why is that? I challange you to give me a rational explanation. I wasn't crazy of the design myself at first but it has grown on me already.
Personally I would love to see many of the world's top architects in Mexico City. It's time. Besides this tower by Koolhaas I know Pelli has a pair of residential towers. Who else is in Mexico City already?
I would love to see Foster, Graves, Calatrava, Hadid, Libeskind, Nouvel, Tange, Maki, among others.
Whether you like it or not this design is bold and daring. Yeah it may take some time to get use to it. Specially given the seismic activity in Mexico City. If anything it would take me a while to get over my nervousness.
Oh, I'm Mexican too and I am a fan.
LAX 777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:08 PM   #85
Bicentennial
Global Class
 
Bicentennial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 0
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX 777 View Post
Well that's a pretty nationalistic thing to say. Its also close-minded. Only a Mexican can design in Mexico. Why is that? I challange you to give me a rational explanation. I wasn't crazy of the design myself at first but it has grown on me already.
Personally I would love to see many of the world's top architects in Mexico City. It's time. Besides this tower by Koolhaas I know Pelli has a pair of residential towers. Who else is in Mexico City already?
I would love to see Foster, Graves, Calatrava, Hadid, Libeskind, Nouvel, Tange, Maki, among others.
Whether you like it or not this design is bold and daring. Yeah it may take some time to get use to it. Specially given the seismic activity in Mexico City. If anything it would take me a while to get over my nervousness.
Oh, I'm Mexican too and I am a fan.

totally agree with you


This tower is a new paradigm in Mexico's City Architecture and mentality.

Lets make mexican architecture democratic and not only the work of few ones... lets make mexican architecture globalized and not only a nationalistic banner.


Bicentennial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #86
Pedrillo
.
 
Pedrillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madrid & La Mancha
Posts: 5,071
Likes (Received): 3

Congratulations Mxico!!

Torre Bicentenario Mxico / Rem Koolhaas

This building is impressive!!!!! :O
__________________
>> Foro Urbanity.es
Pedrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #87
stardust
To the stars again!!!
 
stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Puebla
Posts: 1,964
Likes (Received): 1463

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_almaguer View Post
FACT SHEET
  • Status:
    2007 Commission; Concept Design Completed
  • Client:
    Grupo DANHOS
  • Site:
    Northeast corner of Chapultepec Park, adjacent to the interchange of two major highways
  • Program:
    Total 393,8850 m2: AAA Offices 165,600 m2; Ballroom 4,380 m2; Convention 3,700 m2; Gym 300 m2; Lobbies 1,600 m2; Shops / restuarants 3,430 m2; Loading, Storage, Kitchen 6,860 m2; Mechanical 11,980 m2 = 197,850 m2; Site Museum 200m2 & Parking 195 800m2 = 196,000 m2
    300m Tall; 40m wide at base and top; 60m & 73m.

COLLABORATORS
  • Local Architect:
    Laboratory of Architecture - Fernando Romero, Dolores Robles-Martinez
  • Engineers:
    Arup - David Scott, Chris Carroll, Ricardo Pittella, Michael Willford, Bruce McKinlay, Julian Sutherland, Alistair Guthrie, Huseyin Darama, Yuvaraj Saravanan, Betsy Price, Keith Frankllin, Matt Clarke, Renee Mackay-Lyons
  • Elevator Consultants:
    Van Deusen & Associates - Ahmet Tanyeri
  • Model:
    Vincent de Rijk
  • Book:
    Irma Boom Design - Irma Boom, Sonja Haller





Much better renders! I start to love it!
__________________
Che dire, in quei momenti un p struggenti...tanti cambiamenti, tutto ti appare chiaro, e tu ne eri ignaro...in un istante tutto meno pesante, tutto pu cambiare...basta! lasciarsi andare...
Musica!
stardust no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:04 AM   #88
Bicentennial
Global Class
 
Bicentennial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 0
Likes (Received): 0

a landmark
Bicentennial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #89
DegLG
Sexy Touch Feeling
 
DegLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Len / Αθήνα
Posts: 6,360
Likes (Received): 853

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_almaguer View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]



It looks better.

I'm changing my opinion... Maybe is not as ugly as I thought.
__________________

Bajo

DegLG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:20 AM   #90
-Corey-
Je suis tout vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,222
Likes (Received): 5223

nah, the building itself is unique... i love it.
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:51 AM   #91
alessandro_q
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 2,811
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX 777 View Post
Well that's a pretty nationalistic thing to say. Its also close-minded. Only a Mexican can design in Mexico. Why is that? I challange you to give me a rational explanation. I wasn't crazy of the design myself at first but it has grown on me already.
Personally I would love to see many of the world's top architects in Mexico City. It's time. Besides this tower by Koolhaas I know Pelli has a pair of residential towers. Who else is in Mexico City already?
I would love to see Foster, Graves, Calatrava, Hadid, Libeskind, Nouvel, Tange, Maki, among others.
Whether you like it or not this design is bold and daring. Yeah it may take some time to get use to it. Specially given the seismic activity in Mexico City. If anything it would take me a while to get over my nervousness.
Oh, I'm Mexican too and I am a fan.
This guy has not connected the brain with the key board , just forget what he said ! Nouvel and Pelli have already made projects in Guadalajara, I'm sure that " kool-ass " has made this project thinking that Mexico City is settled in a very sismic zone !!!
alessandro_q no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #92
koolkid
Registered User
 
koolkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,327
Likes (Received): 133

It looks ok...
What confuses me are the first page renderings where the bldg. doesnt appear to have a glass facade. In these final renders, it looks as if it will. Congradulations guys.
__________________
My New York by Krzycho
koolkid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:16 AM   #93
Bicentennial
Global Class
 
Bicentennial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 0
Likes (Received): 0

surely the design will be improved.. you know how this things are.
Bicentennial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #94
Yrch
Registered User
 
Yrch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 224

With every new render I see I get more convinced and pleased with this tower...
Yrch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #95
LAX 777
lax 777
 
LAX 777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Monterey Park, Rosemead, San Gabriel, Temple City, San Marino, Arcadia, Sierra Madre
Posts: 117
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro_q View Post
This guy has not connected the brain with the key board , just forget what he said ! Nouvel and Pelli have already made projects in Guadalajara, I'm sure that " kool-ass " has made this project thinking that Mexico City is settled in a very sismic zone !!!

First of all,
I am aware of the large project Pelli designed in Guadalajara. I even said Pelli had a pair of towers in MC and you still did not see it. Im unaware of Nouvels project. Please enlighten me. I know he lost out in the Guggenheim competition. If other world class architects have built in Mexico City please enlighten us.

Secondly,
If you had understood my post you would have seen that I specifically said IN Mexico City.

Thirdly,
I NEVER questioned the stability of this tower. I simply stated that I personally, would be a little nervous if I had to work there but that that would soon pass. Maybe other people would be too. I dont know.

My original response was to the call to change to a Mexican architect simply because that poster did not agree with the design. I wish you will read and fully understand a post before responding to it
LAX 777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #96
blue_man100
Motorways Runner
 
blue_man100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Matamoros, Tamps. MEXICO
Posts: 26,883
Likes (Received): 32103

i got a bigger render

__________________
In God we trust; all others must bring data.
blue_man100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #97
PopolVuh!
______________
 
PopolVuh!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 982
Likes (Received): 781

The new renderings look awesome. I'm glad I liked this project from the beginning. It'll be a great landmark for MXCITY.
PopolVuh! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:51 AM   #98
Christianmx
Bring you to Hill
 
Christianmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: world citizen
Posts: 242
Likes (Received): 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX 777 View Post
First of all,
I am aware of the large project Pelli designed in Guadalajara. I even said Pelli had a pair of towers in MC and you still did not see it. Im unaware of Nouvels project. Please enlighten me. I know he lost out in the Guggenheim competition. If other world class architects have built in Mexico City please enlighten us.
The Chivas Stadium (u/c)


In reference to this tower at first I did not like it much but then as I began finding out more about it I think it's mind blowing. The context of the tower, its inspiration, the height, the location, the design... I think I'm in love!
Christianmx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #99
Dray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: near Rotterdam
Posts: 191
Likes (Received): 6

Well, I've looked at it from every angle, and I must say that I think it's not one of the prettier designs Koolhaas (or his studio) has ever made. But it's high alright.
__________________
My life is a failure, but I'm a success.
Dray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:26 AM   #100
Nacho87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ventura
Posts: 28
Likes (Received): 1

Wow!!! The Building looks really powerfull, massive, i love it! Hope to be in Mexico City in September 2010 to celebrate the bicentennial celebration!!!
Nacho87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu