daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:27 PM   #1
Minato ku

Central Paris : The heart of Paris, part 2

Part 1

Southern inner suburbs of Paris : part 1 2
Southwestern inner suburbs of Paris, part 1 2 3 4
Central Paris : around Avenue de l'Opera
Central Paris : Montparnasse, part 1 2 3
Central Paris : Around avenue d'Italie, part 1 2 3
Western suburbs of Paris, Versailles
Western inner suburbs of Paris : La Defense, part 1 2
Champs Elysee

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:27 PM   #2
zoheb_s

Likes (Received): 0

excellente ! minato cu , au moins je peux grace a toi ,voir une ville francaise dans cette rubrique et ca permet biensur aux autres d y admirer et decouvrir
zoheb_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM   #3
Rizzato
Blue Collar

Likes (Received): 49

Really well taken shots, see a lot of liveliness in them.
the buildings are very bright all the time it seems!
question-do you know any good spots to take good skyline pic of la defense? so I can tell my aunt where to go to get a picture to bring back for me
Rizzato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:31 PM   #4
italki
BANNED

I remember those streets , i walked on them when i visited Paris in 2004
What i love the most about Paris is the delicious crepes with Nutella they make at the Quartier Latin and i love that all you can eat place near the centre pompidou. I am visiting Paris again this December
italki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:48 AM   #5
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzato View Post
Really well taken shots, see a lot of liveliness in them.
the buildings are very bright all the time it seems!
question-do you know any good spots to take good skyline pic of la defense? so I can tell my aunt where to go to get a picture to bring back for me
Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower or Montparnasse tower.
Free There is St Cloud, the bank of the Seine in Levallois Perret...
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:19 AM   #6
neorion
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Wonderful...Paris is the greatest metropolis in the world

neorion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM   #7
HirakataShi

Likes (Received): 11

Beautiful images showing how multi-cultural the city of Paris is.
HirakataShi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:16 PM   #8
asif iqbal

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirakataShi View Post
Beautiful images showing how multi-cultural the city of Paris is.
the french are the most rude people on earth when it comes to helping tourists who can only speak in english they are so bloody full of it i hate french attitude it sucks big time!
asif iqbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:46 PM   #9
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif iqbal View Post
the french are the most rude people on earth when it comes to helping tourists who can only speak in english they are so bloody full of it i hate french attitude it sucks big time!
I think it was the introduction to Frommer's or some other travel guide book that began it's introduction with something like this:

If Paris didn't already exist, they would invent it. But if you didn't exist, Paris would not care.

Paris can SOMETIMES be so bad, like this. It will find your weakest point (i.e. not speaking French) and try to crush you. The only time you see Parisians go googoo-gaga for foreigners and tourists is when you are some well-known movie-star from Hollywood or beautiful. And yet sometimes, all it takes is politeness and a nice smile.
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #10
asif iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubejar View Post
I think it was the introduction to Frommer's or some other travel guide book that began it's introduction with something like this:

If Paris didn't already exist, they would invent it. But if you didn't exist, Paris would not care.

Paris can SOMETIMES be so bad, like this. It will find your weakest point (i.e. not speaking French) and try to crush you. The only time you see Parisians go googoo-gaga for foreigners and tourists is when you are some well-known movie-star from Hollywood or beautiful. And yet sometimes, all it takes is politeness and a nice smile.
thats so true, when i was there few years back i stopped four yes thats four policemen walking at the airport for direction in english all i got was a look in the face and a reply saying "no english" and that was just the beginning

when we was in Paris the french seemed to be the most stuck up and arrogant people ive ever met and ive met alot of people in my time

what makes a city is the people and hospitality not the big shiny buildings or the infrastrucuture its the locals that make a place plesant and memorable
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:19 AM   #11
eusebius
BANNED

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Silly yank Serves you right, the French quickly detect preposterous anglo-saxon manners.

You could at least try to learn a few words
eusebius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #12
asif iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusebius View Post
Silly yank Serves you right, the French quickly detect preposterous anglo-saxon manners.

You could at least try to learn a few words
merci accouplent
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #13
diversfrance

Quote:

I'm a poor tourist...The French are rude!!! And I'm so clever that I post my rubbish on the internet claiming that "the French" are rude, for this is such a clever statement!!! Were's my mummy!!!
diversfrance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #14
asif iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversfrance View Post

I'm a poor tourist...The French are rude!!! And I'm so clever that I post my rubbish on the internet claiming that "the French" are rude, for this is such a clever statement!!! Were's my mummy!!!
its true, everyone knows it that the french dont have any manners and dont know how to talk with people who dont speak french they are very rude!

even in UK we have tourist guides and they also state that when you go to france prepare yourself to be ignored its common fact not just my opinion

I dont know why and how Paris is tourist destination with such ridiclous attitudes
Old July 25th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #15
Aslantepe
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I was last week in PARIS and for me it is the best city in Europe.And french people were very nice and hospitable .
Aslantepe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #16
Rem

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
its true, everyone knows it that the french dont have any manners and dont know how to talk with people who dont speak french they are very rude!

even in UK we have tourist guides and they also state that when you go to france prepare yourself to be ignored its common fact not just my opinion

I dont know why and how Paris is tourist destination with such ridiclous attitudes
paris is the Number one world's tourist destination because contrary to scotland , Paris is a very beautiful and interesting place.

Why do you want to force french to speak english if they don't want to.
In foreign countries, the foreigner is you.

Last edited by Rem; July 25th, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Rem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #17
asif iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
paris is the Number one world's tourist destination because contrary to scotland , Paris is a very beautiful and interesting place.

Why do you want to force french to speak english if they don't want to.
In foreign countries, the foreigner is you.
actully scotland is top tourist destination with natural history and beauty again shows ur ignornace towards others

i never said anything bad about Paris its a nice place but it could be much better if only the people appreciated other cultures, backgrounds and languages

if a tourist ask 4 policemen direction in UK im sure they would help out even taking them to the destination like many other tourist freindly countrys but france has to be the exception, and instead of trying to explain the situation ur are just trying to justify it hence reinforcing my point
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:21 PM   #18
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:

Actually, the French do have manners, it's just that it is manifested sometimes under different situations and scenarios. The French have more of an etiquette-style of manners, while others have a more spontaneous kind, even if at the end of the day, everyone's manners are from etiquette. On top of that, the French don't like to appear as humble or service-providers, and some say France's revolutionary history (the French Revolution) helped shaped this mentality, for appearing humble and "at your service" was reminiscent of the old feudal system.

For some reason, the women who work at bakeries are extremely polite, as well as other types of job positions. Then you have the jobs where you commonly find the total opposite: e.g. café waiters (full-service restaurant waiters are usually nicer

Also, you may be over doing it by saying "the French" instead of "Parisians", unless you have been to several parts of France. Non-Parisian French complain themselves about the cockyness and rudeness of Parisians and they even have jokes about Parisians.

Finally, once you spend some time there and make friends (and learn some French, I'm afraid), Paris becomes a much more pleasant place. For one, you learn what not to do to reduce unpleasant rudeness, which an outsider will naturally not know. And before expecting any service, always say "bonjour" or "bonsoir"...that can make a big big difference.
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #19
Rem

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
actully scotland is top tourist destination with natural history and beauty again shows ur ignornace towards others

i never said anything bad about Paris its a nice place but it could be much better if only the people appreciated other cultures, backgrounds and languages

if a tourist ask 4 policemen direction in UK im sure they would help out even taking them to the destination like many other tourist freindly countrys but france has to be the exception, and instead of trying to explain the situation ur are just trying to justify it hence reinforcing my point
France is not the "exception" it's just that more more many people visit Paris than your area.it's easier to receive a warm welcome in a tiny place than in a real "huge tourist factory" like Paris ( each year 27 million tourists visit Paris ) no doubt if there were less tourists , parisian's welcome would be better . the consequence is that unfortunately too many people like you are disappointed to see how they are received.
But many surveys about this issue showed that the tourists who claim that they are not very well-received in france are often the same people. Tourists from english-speaking countries with in the top of the list the US and UK. Italians, Arabs and people from eastern europe complain less of the way they are welcomed in france than the others tourists. Why ? Just because these people are more likely to make an effort to speak a little French.
I see almost everyday, english-speaking people asking a person direction in their language but unfortunately in most cases the french person who frankly doesn't understand what the tourists are saying because he doesn't speak english answers in french that he can't help them or doesn't answer to them because he tired of people who ask him questions in a language he doesn't understand.
And the reaction of the english-speaking askers especially the american ones is almost always the same. A surprised and sometimes disdainful Face that indicates " How can it be possible ? How can he not to speak english ? those french people are very very arrogant ( it's well-known; people who don't speak english are inevitably arrogant ). First thing they do where they come to their countries is to say to their friends how awful french welcome is and how nasty and arrogant french are .
So before blaming other people , look at yourselves. If you made an effort to speak a little french, I can assure you french would speak to you in a more pleasant way but if you can't do that because you're too lazy or too stupid to learn something different, so go on vacation in The US, Australian South Africa or Canada which are extraordinary beautiful places.

Last edited by Rem; July 25th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
Rem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #20
asif iqbal

bonjour edubejar

Tags
paris photo