daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #2021
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

2014 at latest, if they sign next year.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #2022
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
2014 at latest, if they sign next year.
wow,

270 KM within less than 3 years ?

as far I as remember you wrote there will be around 2000 km of motorways by 2020.

what is the score at present ?

how many kms per in this year and last year ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #2023
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
wow,

270 KM within less than 3 years ?
Those are broken down on sections. So far, the C IV sections are coming in time or so the builders promise.

Quote:
as far I as remember you wrote there will be around 2000 km of motorways by 2020.

what is the score at present ?
321 km.

Quote:
how many kms per in this year and last year ?
We'll have roughly 350 km by the end of this year.

But next year it is reasonable to believe that more than 100 km will be delivered. Same for 2012.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #2024
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Those are broken down on sections. So far, the C IV sections are coming in time or so the builders promise.



321 km.



We'll have roughly 350 km by the end of this year.

But next year it is reasonable to believe that more than 100 km will be delivered. Same for 2012.
OK.

so 2000 km of new motorways by 2020 sounds reasonable.

based on your figures I can say Romania is number 1 in Europe in terms of new motorways growth.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #2025
luci203
Registered User
 
luci203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,130
Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
based on your figures I can say Romania is number 1 in Europe in terms of new motorways growth.
In number of km, it might grow the fastest (don't know if they will finish 200km in the next 2 years, and Bulgaria might even finish more next year) but compared to the surface and population, sadly we are the most pathetic.

P.S.
Also, because of the Euro 2012 preparations (and a lot of funding), Poland (don't know Ucraine) will finish a lot more next year. (but it is a larger country in both surface and population)
__________________
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F...
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #2026
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

If we can say our authorities learnt a bit more to build motorways, and they get to sign the most needed PPPs next year, the rhythm will accelerate IMO. There are more than 250 km of motorways which are targeted for PPP contracting next year: Comarnic-Brasov - 55km (where Vinci pulled out earlier this year), A0 - 100 km (Bucharest motorway ring) and Pitesti-Sibiu (~ 100 km). For the last two there are currently talks with the Chinese for investment, and the Chinese have entered into more than 1 billion EUR investment agreements so far in Romania this year, which is unprecedented and shows the level of interest in the Romanian market.

Anyway, by end next year we may have over 500 km U/C which may increase even more in 2012.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; November 6th, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #2027
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55


one thing more.

just to make myself sure.

we are talking about full profile European-definition motorways (not express ways, etc)
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #2028
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Yes. Only motorways, unfortunately. No concrete steps towards some expressways so far.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #2029
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
....
P.S.
Also, because of the Euro 2012 preparations (and a lot of funding), Poland (don't know Ucraine) will finish a lot more next year. (but it is a larger country in both surface and population)
Poland, new motorways to be opened:

2010 - 27,8 km
2011 - 144,7 km

the source: http://www.pyjter.cal.pl/

you are completely wrong saying "...because of the Euro 2012 preparations (and a lot of funding)..."

motorways are financed by Polish Government (and of course co-financed by EU) or PPP. not extra funding (from UFEA or other Solar Planets involved).


anyway,


could you please tell me when is the finish date for the whole route from from Oradea to Brasov ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #2030
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
anyway,
could you please tell me when is the finish date for the whole route from from Oradea to Brasov ?
^ I am pretty tempted to say 3025, when the brand new Romanian starship fleet won't even need a motorway.
Seriously now, unfortunately there's no intention yet to start the construction between Câmpia Turzii and Braşov. The works will slowly continue next year between Gilău (Cluj West) and the Hungarian border due to a chronic lack of money. At this rate, I'd say 2015-2016 for Gilău-HU border stretch (of course, Le Clerk would say 2012-2013 ) and sometime after 2020 for the rest of it.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #2031
ro.cologne
Registered User
 
ro.cologne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Köln/Cologne
Posts: 1,863
Likes (Received): 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
Poland, new motorways to be opened:

2010 - 27,8 km
2011 - 144,7 km

the source: http://www.pyjter.cal.pl/

you are completely wrong saying "...because of the Euro 2012 preparations (and a lot of funding)..."

motorways are financed by Polish Government (and of course co-financed by EU) or PPP. not extra funding (from UFEA or other Solar Planets involved).


anyway,


could you please tell me when is the finish date for the whole route from from Oradea to Brasov ?
...but at least requiered by the uefa. nevertheless, the euro2012 is an important push for the whole infrastructure. just take a look at the huge investments announced in brasil
ro.cologne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #2032
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,603
Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Tomorrow will be the grand opening of 12 km of A3 near Cluj!
Any confirmation it has been opened by now?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #2033
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.cologne View Post
...but at least requiered by the uefa. nevertheless, the euro2012 is an important push for the whole infrastructure. just take a look at the huge investments announced in brasil

you are wrong.

UEFA expects certain standard of stadiums, no infrastructure.
so no requirements from UEFA.

as regards Brasil, again it has a little to do with world championship. this is a huge, very rich country (a tiger of South America) and it requires modern infrastructure to develop further. of course "very rich" in Latin American terms, but still enough to cover the most important expenses by itself.


to all respect to Poland & Ukraine, their infrastructures are at least not modern. so this could not be an important factor/requirement from UEFA. UEFA guys are not kids and they know it takes ages to improve infrastructure.

what is more it is easier to do quick shoots in Ukraine than in Poland - everyting is because of very complex EU compliance. of course others would say opposite - becasue of money.




Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ I am pretty tempted to say 3025, when the brand new Romanian starship fleet won't even need a motorway.
Seriously now, unfortunately there's no intention yet to start the construction between Câmpia Turzii and Braşov. The works will slowly continue next year between Gilău (Cluj West) and the Hungarian border due to a chronic lack of money. At this rate, I'd say 2015-2016 for Gilău-HU border stretch (of course, Le Clerk would say 2012-2013 ) and sometime after 2020 for the rest of it.

but comming back to my question (Oradea - Brasov) ...
so I believe this link is not up to date or consists of wrong data:
http://motorways.eu/Default.aspx?Country=RO

why are you saying there is no intention - hilly region (expensive) ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #2034
luci203
Registered User
 
luci203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,130
Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Comarnic-Brasov - 55km (where Vinci pulled out earlier this year), A0 - 100 km (Bucharest motorway ring) and Pitesti-Sibiu (~ 100 km).
P.P.pipe dream...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Pitesti-Sibiu (~ 100 km)..
even bigger P.P.pipe dream...



Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.cologne View Post
...but at least requiered by the uefa. nevertheless, the euro2012 is an important push for the whole infrastructure. just take a look at the huge investments announced in brasil
That is what I say, because of the tournament, it was a big priority for the polish state.

Same thing with our stadium, wich was funded by the state, not the UEFA, but without the Europa League final in 2011, probably it had be finished in 201x. (where x range from 2 to never)
__________________
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F...
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #2035
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Any confirmation it has been opened by now?
Nothing so far. We have an insider living in Câmpia Turzii . There are some rumors that the stretch will be opened only by the Prime Minister himself (I know, it's stupid for such a short stretch) and it seems the gent can't go there due to some governmental businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
but comming back to my question (Oradea - Brasov) ...
so I believe this link is not up to date or consists of wrong data:
http://motorways.eu/Default.aspx?Country=RO

why are you saying there is no intention - hilly region (expensive) ?
Well, he map is somehow OK, since the entire Transylvania motorway was entrusted to Bechtel, so if Bechtel has a construction site somewhere near Cluj, theoretically some can sketch on a map that the entire motorway is under construction. But practically the works between Câmpia Turzii and Braşov won't start anytime soon. Not because it is a hilly region (in fact I believe it's the easiest part of the motorway), but because of the same chronic lack of money (no EU, only governmental funding).

Last edited by nenea_hartia; November 6th, 2010 at 06:42 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #2036
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ I am pretty tempted to say 3025, when the brand new Romanian starship fleet won't even need a motorway.
Seriously now, unfortunately there's no intention yet to start the construction between Câmpia Turzii and Braşov. The works will slowly continue next year between Gilău (Cluj West) and the Hungarian border due to a chronic lack of money. At this rate, I'd say 2015-2016 for Gilău-HU border stretch (of course, Le Clerk would say 2012-2013 ) and sometime after 2020 for the rest of it.
I agree for Gilau-HU border by 2015 (though it may be sooner than that, depending on the available funding), but the other section from Campia Turzii to Brasov, I'd say by 2020, or, again, sooner, depending on the money alocated.

IMO, it's an error of logic to judge the average speed of building Transylvania Motorway by the progress so far, because the available money may increase significantly after 2012.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #2037
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Any confirmation it has been opened by now?
Nothing in the media so far, but the section is completed and ready for traffic.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #2038
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
IMO, it's an error of logic to judge the average speed of building Transylvania Motorway by the progress so far, because the available money may increase significantly after 2012.
And why is that, considering we'll have to co-finance our share of the Pan-European Corridor IV motorway?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #2039
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
And why is that, considering we'll have to co-finance our share of the Pan-European Corridor IV motorway?
Because comparisons fail to comprise all the involved factors. Romania built more kms during crisis than before the crisis, in the "booming" years. Of course, this is mostly due to the contracted sections during the "booming" years. So, by this token, if the economy starts kicking again, we may infer that construction will slow down. Not true, obviously.

In fact, the number of km contracted so far and to be contracted in the coming period, coupled with an increased budget for investments due to better budgetary situations in post-crisis period will lead to increased funding for non-EU funded projects such as Transylvania Motorway after 2011-2012.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #2040
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,603
Likes (Received): 19391

Does Romania still has oil revenue today?

In the Netherlands, we use profits on gas exploration for major infrastructural and educational projects, called the "infrastructure fund".
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium