daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #2121
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiazid View Post
Well, I am talking about national pride. Do I have to you ask for your permission before I do?! Didn't found that among the rules of the forum.
Well, obviously this thread is about national pride! It's been really hard for anyone here to notice that until now but thanks for taking us out of our ignorance!

Quote:
Yes, let's return. But let's better return when we actually have some...
Are you proposing closing this thread because we have nothing to discuss about? Again, yu are the first to come with this so please submit this proposition to Chris.

Quote:
PS. You really can't stand oposite opinions, can you?!
I can't stand chaotic minds. I don't think I can censure your opinions.

Quote:
Was I talking to you by any chance?
Was I talking to you when you starting talking about national pride??
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2122
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Was I reffering to your messages when I posted my irony to the opening tomorrow?
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #2123
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Your opinions are God-given and have to be warshiped and stickified!
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #2124
Fahrenheit 10

Quote:

Was I talking to you by any chance?
when you post here, you're talking to everyone,buddy.
Fahrenheit 10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #2125
Baiazid
BANNED

Dear fellows, again, you have to decide the rule of the game. It is either an open debate forum, hence everybody has the right to state it's own opinion, and nobody can chase anybody away just for not sharing the same opinion, either it is a person to person debate, hence I wasn't talking to either of you. Anyway it's fine by me.

Till you decide, as long is this topic is called "Romnian motorways", not "Le Clerk's mortorways", and as long as I'm Romanian, using intensively the so called motorways, I am entitled to state my own opinion. And, like it or not, my opinion is that Romanian motorways are a joke! We have no mortorways at all! We only have some good asphalt on some separate paralel two-lane roads, one road on each way. But that's by far not the definition of the motorway.

Motorway is not a road, is a concept developed for the fast, safe, comfortable, massive and exclusive road transport. To do that, you start with a special kind of road, but then you need extensive services to ensure that a motorway reaches its goals. On a motorway, no matter the emergency, one should know that at any place and any given time, the help is only 5 minutes away. And that the help is proffesional, well trained and well organised. The drivers themselves should also be trained to use the motorway. And then the authorities should be there, watching closely, at any given time and making sure that they can anticipate and avoid tragedies. At the regular motorway speeds, you don't get too many second chances to a bad decision. This all involves tones of procedures and massive logistics, laws, schools etc. etc. That's a motorway.

Can you point me exactly to the location of a motorway in Romania? Everything we have is sub-standard. Lack of gasoline stations, lack of serviced rest areas, too long distances between exits - which poses a major problem to emergency services, no permanent on call crews for technical assitance, no cranes on call, no emergency phones, no dinamic signs, poor quality and too small signs, wrong placed signs etc. etc. etc.

Further, the authorities involved in the safety and the maintenence of the motorways are, most of the times, absolutely stupid. Or what else could you call a policeman walking in front of an approaching car at a speed of 150km/h, in an attempt to stop it for a speeding ticket? I know what else he could be called: attempted mass murderer! In any country with real motorways, once police decides you are to be penalised, they put on large lights with large signs inviting you out of the motorway at the immediate next exit. There they can even arrest you, should that be the case. But you will NEVER be stopped on the safety lane by a pedestrian policeman, next to the traffic speeding at more then 120 km/h. That's insane!

Normally the stealing of a traffic sign from a motorway should also be treated by law like an attempted mass murder. Yet Romania is unable to stop the stealing of safety equipment of the motorways and railways. Let alone be able to maintain them properly.

Do you remember the tragedy in 2008 when no fire department was aware and supervising the crop fires, set by stupid paisants next to A2, resulting in the smogging of the A2, which led to 35 cars crashing, with 2 deaths?! Do you really expect me to call that, motorway?! Or maybe you want me to talk about the event in 2009 when a SMURD helicopter landed 3km away from the car crash location, being mislead by the ambulance head-quarter, and loosing precious time in saving the life of an injured driver.

Despite the existence of 112, Police, Fire Department, Ambulance and SMURD still lack the special procedures and training of intervention. They often misscomunicate. Have you ever called 112 in Romania? They're absolutely crazy. Normally you should just dial 112 and say "Help, car crash!". The system should pick up your location. But no, you have to talk for minutes, first talking to a general dispatcher and explaining in detail the situation, including answering to stupid questions such as "how many injured? Are they badly injured? Do they have a pulse? Do they seem alive?", then being transffered to each of the other individual dispatchers of police, ambulance and fire department, should that be the case. Can you imagine doing that while you might be trapped and dying in a trench where you landed after a car crash?!

Then lets talk about the stupid maintenance guys of CNADNR. They don't consider it important to be well visible on the road. Should they need to interveen at the middle fence, then they post a warning sign 100m away, in the middle of the second lane, maybe even after a curve. That's insane, but regular. Of course, they have all the equipment they need to do a proper signalisation of the road works, but they simply have no procedure for that.

And last, but not least, lets not forget the drivers. A lot of them simply don't know the diffrence between a regular road and a motorway. Nobody taught them and they are not at all aware of the risks involved. People do park on the safety lane, like on a regular road, to go fishing, pissing or walking arround. There are even bus stops and pedestrian crossings on our "motorways". Not official and, of course, illegal. But common and regular. And the police does absolutely nothing to stop those crazy things! This would mean doing their actual job. But it's far easier to play with the new radars and then see yourself in the prime time news, rather the really improve the motorway safety.

In any country with real motorways, if a pedestrian gets next to the motorway, immediate action is taken and you hear about it on the radio. I see pedestrians on the Romanian "motorways" each time I drive and each time I call the police. In 20 years of driving I saw no improvement what so ever. Or is it an improvement that the bicyclists are no longer using the motorway? Yeah, no that I've mentioned it, it looks like so...

So, bottom line, we have NO motorways in Romania. We have simply good asphalt strips. But we're very far from a real motorway network.

Last edited by Baiazid; November 12th, 2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #2126
madad

Likes (Received): 1

guys, please keep it to motorways topic only.
I am more then happy for the people near Cluj that they have this chance to drive on a great quality highway, even if is for the moment only ~53 km, on another hand I am sad that the government is so slow with building infrastructure, but what we can do. At least this guys are pushing how they can, 42 km last year, 10 km this year, next year more and is moving very slow, but is moving. The last government was not doing any town bypass on highway level, not to talk about some km of highway
madad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #2127
madad

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Dear fellows, again, you have to decide the rule of the game. It is either an open debate forum, hence everybody has the right to state it's own opinion, and nobody can chase anybody away just for not sharing the same opinion, either it is a person......

Mate, I'm living in Czech Republic for more then 4 years. Believe me, Transilvania Highway near Cluj is a high quality highway. Trust me cause I drive in RO, HU, SL, CZ, PL, AT, DE, CH.

Bottom line, Czech highways are in bad condition, first most of them are made from concrete with no asphalt, so this kind of highway is very very bumpy.

I admit, RO is moving very slow on infrastructure, but the works are high-quality compared with CZ or PL
madad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #2128
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Jesus Christ Baiazid!?!! Do you REALY think ANYBODY will read you compositions!

Get back on the ground and realise nobody will be amazed of you literature skills.

PS: you have a problem related to the so-called persecution syndrom. Nobody is persecuting you here. You are just pathetic in your constant complaints of being banned in your opinions by myself.
Old November 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #2129
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Baiazid,

the cases you described are quite common in East Europe,

simply, as any other complex change in our lifestyle the time factor plays the main role ...
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #2130
Baiazid
BANNED

@Le Clerk: Hint: you're not the center of Universe

@and802. Yes and no. It's one thing if something happens from time to time and it's another thing when the same thing happens every day. Further, even when you still have a long way to go, it's good to be honest about where you are exactly and which is your goal. I don't expect things to change over night, but I do expect my leaders at least to know how the things should work. And I expect to see the leaders turning and leading the country into that direction. If possibly, in my life time And I'm often astonished that the authorities are absolutely clueless about what they should be doing. I have a problem with that.

@mdad I'm well aware of the Czech motrways. I travel Bratislva - Prague - Dreden every 2-3 months. And I know that they're not the best. Streets in Prague are also not a path to follow. But, like I said, it's one thing to have good asphalt and another thing to have a motorway. You need a lot of services and procedures in place. Of course, when you have nothing, a good asphalt on a wide road is a good start and better then before. But blame me: I like to compare my results with what I could do, rather then with what I was doing yesterday.
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #2131
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
@Le Clerk: Hint: you're not the center of Universe
I am not the one writing books here to impress people around.
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #2132
Baiazid
BANNED

So you're that easy to impress. Nice to know.
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #2133
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Baiazid, while most of the opinion you posted above it's true but you're exagerating regarding the 112 service. The questions are basic procedure so that they can know what kind of emergency service they would send: the event requires extrication or not, mobile intensive care, etc, etc. While it might seem like bullshit, such type of questions might widden the chances of a proper intervention or not wasting precious equipment on low injuries.

Last edited by eurocopter; November 12th, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
eurocopter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #2134
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
So you're that easy to impress. Nice to know.
I am sorry not to feed your grand ego, but I wasn't impressed enough of your book to even read the first line.
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #2135
Baiazid
BANNED

@Le Clerk: You don't know when to quit, don't you?!

@eurocopter: I totally get the point of the questions, but the procedure is wrong and inadequate. A car crash is a traumatic event for anyone who watches. The emergency services can not act on the presumption that the caller is a coolheaded guy, with basic anatomy and medical knowledge. It might be that the only witness is a hysterical women (or man, why not), which instantly freaks out, in total schock. And the last thing she remembers is to call for help, at 112. Do you think a 112 dispatcher ca get any feed-back from such a caller? Is there time to get feed-back?!

However, let's say we accept the questions and their reason. But being asked to REPEAT the SAME things you told the general dispatcher, to each of the dispatchers of the Police, the Ambulance and the Fire Department, is ABSOLUTELY STUPID!

I haven't heard it from a friend, it happened to me! Each time I called 112! And, unfortunately, I had a lot of occasions to do it.
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #2136
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
@Le Clerk: You don't know when to quit, don't you?!
Is it a self-addressed question?
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #2137
Baiazid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Is it a self-addressed question?
Boy, have you even graduated the high-school? Do you already shave?! I was getting the same type of annoying questions from my little sister. When she was NINE!

Really, you're on ignore. I'll let you play alone from now on...
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #2138
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Great! That's what I wanted! Thanks a lot!

PS: I am not interested in sharing your family here, m'kay? It's called "oversharing".
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #2139
bogdymol
bogdymod

STOP it guys. This is [RO] Romanian autostrăzi & drumuri / Motorways & Highways - România thread, so if you wish to say something about this do it, but if you really have to keep arguing like little kids try Send New Private Message. I'm not saying that any of you two is right or wrong, but I think you are going a little bit to far.
Thank you!
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #2140
eurocopter

Likes (Received): 2043

Quote:
However, let's say we accept the questions and their reason. But being asked to REPEAT the SAME things you told the general dispatcher, to each of the dispatchers of the Police, the Ambulance and the Fire Department, is ABSOLUTELY STUPID!
This never happens in case of car accidents. I reported a year ago a car crash with low to medium injured victims and I was asked two questions: how many victims, do they move and does the event require extrication. And by the way, usually a car crash is reported by up to ten or more different persons calling the emergency services so it's pretty easy to find a cool-headed one. If only a single person in shock calls the emergency services and is unable to elaborate a description of the event, the worst case is always assumed by the dispatcher.
eurocopter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania